IGNORED

Federer V Nadal

Nadal is tearing Federer to shreds and tbh Federer looks so apathetic.

I'm not sure why but I just don't like Nadal, I wanted Federer to break the record of consecutive Wimbledon titles and that's looks very unlikely now. Nadal is some player and I reckon he'll go on to dominate tennis all on his own soon enough.

Nadal is tearing Federer to shreds and tbh Federer looks so apathetic.

I'm not sure why but I just don't like Nadal, I wanted Federer to break the record of consecutive Wimbledon titles and that's looks very unlikely now. Nadal is some player and I reckon he'll go on to dominate tennis all on his own soon enough.

I'm not too sure about that, he's a big muscle bound brute who has had to run and run and run throughout his fledgling career, I think the running and the training will take it's toll and I can't see him being able to maintain the physique, power and running that his game is based on for that long, plus Djokovic is coming through. I'm not a big fan of Nadal either, I don't know why as he seems a genuinely fair, nice guy and family orientated, plus he plays a similar game to me (just at a higher level!) but he just isn't as naturally gifted as a Federer or Sampras and I don't like the way he just plays on Federer's backhand continuously, even if it is understandable. Personally I think Sampras would have dismantled him on the grass but that's just me! Federer seems to have a mental block when he plays him, playing aimless topspin backhands up the middle of the court all day instead of slicing it and keeping it lower.

Still, up there with the greatest ever finals along with the Becker/Edberg matches and Ivanisovic.

don't think nadal will dominate either. federer has much more to his game in terms of shots in his locker, and the best backhand ive seen. i think nadal won't lose it though due to his reliance on physique, it's like tiger woods, looked/looking after himself so that he preserves himself for future.

Nadal has the better backhand out of the two, that's the problem for Federer when he plays Nadal (Nadal is winning the head to head battles by some margin) as Nadal has no real weakness but Federer does. Nadal will hit nearly every shot to Federer's backhand and on the clay in particular, Federer just hits loopy backhands up the middle of the court which Nadal just punishes. Federer has been lucky to an extent that Nadal has done so badly on the hard courts, but it's only a matter of time before Nadal gets to grips with the surface and when he does Federer will have to face him again in the US Open and Australian Open finals. If Federer fails to win the US Open this year (leaving him without a single major for 2008) then I think it could be the beginning of the end for him. As he comes towards the end of his career and towards Sampras record haul of grand slams I think he'll find it more and more difficult to win the majors. I really like Federer, but I still think Sampras is the best hard/grass court player I've ever seen so I'd be happy for him to keep his record, I just hope Nadal doesn't break it.