IGNORED

Moyes: We Are In A Poor Position On The Transfer Front

Louis

Independent not helping things...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ace-883343.html

It is nearly three months since Everton's captain, Phil Neville, said it would be "a major disaster" if Everton did not spend heavily this summer on the kind of players the Premier League's top-four clubs aspire to buy.

There are two weeks to go before Blackburn Rovers arrive at Goodison Park for the start of the season and Everton are one of only two Premier League sides yet to makea purchase in the transfer window. The other is Manchester United whose need, as Neville would attest, is not quite so great.

The mood around Goodison – in a week when the chief executive, Keith Wyness, left the club, the Joao Moutinho transfer deal has not progressed and David Moyes has still not signed a new contract – was not helped by the fact that Coral stopped taking bets yesterday on Moyes winning the 2008-09 Premier League sack race. This was not a result of any inside knowledge – it was just the product of a run of money overnight on Moyes which was prompted by the gloomy prognosis he had delivered during the club's ill-fated tour of America.

Coral had Moyes at 14-1 – middle-ranked among the Premier League managers – but other bookies fancied his chances less, with 7-2 odds quoted.

Though Moyes' declaration after a 2-0 defeat by Chicago Fire that the club were "a long way away from where we think we are going to be", was about transfers rather than the club's general position, there appear to be tensions at Goodison about the financial situation.

Uncertainty over whether the Government Office for the North West will approve ground relocation plans is not helping – a public inquiry would have serious financial ramifications – is not helping. Neither has the delay to Andrew Johnson's departure triggered by an old injury. That may reduce the amount Fulham are willing to pay up front for the striker.

Sources in Portugal indicated yesterday that Sporting Lisbon were no nearer a deal with Everton on what would be a record outlay on Moutinho, the Portugal midfielder.

Joleon Lescott echoed his manager's words yesterday when he said the club were not prepared for the new season. "The squad is not as big as we'd like and with just two weeks to go we need to start focusing on the job in hand," he said."Time is running out before the start of the season and we're running out of excuses, so we need to get down to the nitty gritty."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once again DangerMouse, was it really worth coming to ask that question? of course were not happy! we wanted to hear something, we have heard something, fine, they have ticked one box. when they put into practice what they say, and strengthen the squad we will start being happy. until there is silverwear in the cabinet again i dont believe we will be happy, we need to get back to the famous moto we wear on the shirt. accepting mediocricy is not needed!

what more do you want....... we all want a sucsessful club but why should he let everyone know about the goings on inside the everton boardroom...

My problem is not people having an opinion and saying there not happy, thats up to them obviously. What I dont like is reading the same old stories that just bash BK...

The same people just move on to the next thing......Ive noticed most of the negative posts of yesterday have subsided.... whys that.. you wanted answers from DM and BK and you have got just that......

Whats next!!!!!!!!!!

Im not that made up with the situation either and I deffo dont love BK.

I just understand that certain people have agendas to push.....creating unrest and spreading stories......

yes they do Louis is a member of KEIOC hes admin on there site..

As i said no problem with reading other peoples opinion... I actually enjoy having a laught at some of them.. as yyou prob do yourself........

we know Louis is involved with KEIOC, but he isnt coming around trying to cather up a motley crew. he brings us information that the club dont bring us. not an agenda, its being informative

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moye...ng-nowhere.html

surely this appeases everyone for now, I mean how many times must Moyes and Kenwright say the same thing before someone actually believes them rather than rumour mongers who know nothing but how to spread mischief and fear. I don't understand why everyone is so cynical, when has Moyes let us down and not made good on his word? Now let's try and get a grip and have a bit of optimism. Moyes wants the right players and it's taking him time, let him get on with it and be patient.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moye...ng-nowhere.html

surely this appeases everyone for now, I mean how many times must Moyes and Kenwright say the same thing before someone actually believes them rather than rumour mongers who know nothing but how to spread mischief and fear. I don't understand why everyone is so cynical, when has Moyes let us down and not made good on his word? Now let's try and get a grip and have a bit of optimism. Moyes wants the right players and it's taking him time, let him get on with it and be patient.

We will believe it, when it happens, and not before. Words mean nothing, actions speak volumes.

Guest Reg Reagan

just remember this... tough times dont last but tough people do.

alright we are in a situation where we all think its all doom and gloom because we havent been spending money in the transfer market.

that doesnt really matter, we have good kids coming through the youth academy and our reserves.

I just hope that Moyes does sign that contract because i keep hearing that Moyes wil be the new replacement to Quirez as Man Utd assistant no.2

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moye...-transfers.html

“I’m hoping we will have some in (before the start of the season)," he continued. "But I’m not going to turn around and say I am totally confident because you never know what happens. But, yes, I am hoping that we will end up getting a few in.”

That does not fill me with confidence :unsure:

I just hope that Moyes does sign that contract because i keep hearing that Moyes wil be the new replacement to Quirez as Man Utd assistant no.2

:mellow: i really, really hope this doesnt happen. moyes is good enough to be #1 at anywhere, and hopefully wont end up at united as an assistant manager

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moye...-transfers.html

“I’m hoping we will have some in (before the start of the season)," he continued. "But I’m not going to turn around and say I am totally confident because you never know what happens. But, yes, I am hoping that we will end up getting a few in.”

That does not fill me with confidence :unsure:

I am the same as you when I read that. Seems to be might be a little message in there. You look at other managers that wanted to add. Most of them when they been talking to the fans have said that there will be signings coming in.