IGNORED

W(v)agner Love.

All i know is people are under estimating how desprate we acctualy are for a stricker

Not overly true though, AJ didn't exactly do much last year. Vaughan is back, Anichebe will be back from Olympics and don't care what anyone says, we have a couple of very good yougnsters - Baxter so far sticks out like a sore thumb, he is much better than other youngsters. Then we have Jutkiewic...so strikers not as bad as people think.

It is midfielders that we really need.

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping this is true. Just looked around a few websites, and saw reports that we signed him on loan. Love is a dynamic striker, very quick, but not always on target as much as you would like. I look forward to seeing him and Yakubu working together.

Edit: Here is a link: VagnerLove

Edited by Fire1691

Arite chaps,

A loan deal is always the way to go but i do think this lad has alot of quality about him as some have said the russian league is good but its not as progressed as the EPL so it will be interesting to see how he fairs over here, In terms of Jo being the one of the two to get isnt really true as City tried to sign Love when sony erikson was at the realm but failed to do so http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2290352/V...s-advances.html and i personally think we got the better player of the two but you never know :rolleyes: .

Its on his wiki now aswell must be true ;)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagner_Love

Daily Post...............

EVERTON are hopeful of sealing the loan signing of CSKA Moscow striker Vagner Love in the next 48 hours.

And the Goodison Park outfit are continuing negotiations to bring Rennes midfielder Stephane M’bia and Newcastle United’s Alan Smith to the club by the end of the week.

Brazil international Love is due on Merseyside for talks over a season-long stay with a view to a permanent move.

Also on BBC sport now so there must be something in it.

Not over the moon about getting Smith, but i suppose we do need squad fillers, But we still need MOUTINHO, or someone similar

Not overly true though, AJ didn't exactly do much last year. Vaughan is back, Anichebe will be back from Olympics and don't care what anyone says, we have a couple of very good yougnsters - Baxter so far sticks out like a sore thumb, he is much better than other youngsters. Then we have Jutkiewic...so strikers not as bad as people think.

It is midfielders that we really need.

I think you're underestimating the situation a little! IF Yak got injured then we'd basically have a bunch of unproven youngsters to fall back on, I really like the look of Vaughan but we have to face reality and admit that his injury record is a big worry, Anichebe is still lacking in the fitness/workrate department and then the others are totally unproven. We need another striker and you can never have too much pace in your team. I've never seen this Wagner Love play, so I have no idea if he's any good, but if he has genuine pace and is tricky/has vision then I say SIGN HIM UP :D

At least it would be a massive statement of intent and if it's on loan first then it can only be a good thing. But yes, we need midfielders big time - although in some ways maybe not as urgently as some may think... It's looking like Moyes wants to go 442, we are finally starting to get together a talented enough team to play a 442 and really the only missing link is a dominating midfielder (M'Bia) to hold it all together. If we sign M'Bia - and he's good - then we may finally be able to play either a 451 or a 442 with similar success. If Love can strike up a partnership with Yak then we could be in business, our core 11 players could be right up there with nearly anyone in the premiership. If we do sign Love then I don't really see the sense in signing Smith tbh, we have enough back up in Vaughan, Baxter, Anichebe etc.

Guest brazil banks

From the Wiki article on Wagner.

"Vagner is due to complete a move to Everton Football Club on August 11 2008, where his hunger for goals and his rather fetching appearance is a natural fit with the sexual brand of football purveyed at Goodison Park."

Huh?! :blink: I've not been to a game in a while but surely things haven't moved on THAT much?

If we played 442

who would you play in the center with Mbia if we didnt get anyone else??????

do you think we could push Arteta into the middle????

If M'Bia is exceptional and can really put his foot in then I think the likes of Osman, Cahill or Arteta could all do a job there alongside him. Either that or try and get Fernandez in or get a real quality player such as Moutinho (who is looking more and more unlikely). All I'm saying is, ok we may still lack the last piece of the jigsaw to really go toe to toe with someone like Liverpool (Gerrard/Mascherano) in a 442, but against most teams we'd probably be good enough and we could revert to 451 against the big 4 and we'd be awesome (M'Bia, Osman and Cahill - Pienaar/Love and Arteta on the wings). With the defense we now have (apart from RB) excellent wingers, (If Arteta gets back on form - I think he will) Cahill back and firing, a great commanding midfielder (hopefully M'Bia) and the Yak up front we could be serious contenders to the top 3/4. COYB! We just need to make some signings this week to raise optimism and get the fans and the whole club back in a positive frame of mind. We've had such a miserable Summer if we suddenly signed 3 players this week I think most of us wouldn't stop grinning for a month!

Guest brazil banks

Totally agree with you carlmc25. If the players come in this week then the whole buzz of the club will change. As well as the onfield dynamic just think of the range of players that the youngsters will be training with. If the LoveYak (heh) gets going then it'll surely inspire our midfield to be more adventurous with the passing and wing-play. It's all gonna be fine. I promise.

Edited by brazil banks

Latest from SSN:-

They are confirming that he is arriving for a medical today. £2.5m loan deal, with a view for a £8m signature. The £2.5m will be deducted from the final price if we decide to sign him.

Here is a link to someone reporting the same story:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20692990/

They are saying that Trevor Steven is the man behind the deal, apparently he's Love's agent now!

Yes that's true mate.

Well providing M'bia comes in, who looks a player, I'd either put Neville in their :rolleyes: or perhaps Arteta- I know he played there for Rangers. Jagielka is also a good CM.

And, if Smith comes in, then I'd imagine he'll be next to M'bia, but TC would have to come back in to the team - twice the player Smith is.

^^^^^ have you checked out how many assist Neville got last season....... Hes quite high up in the OPTA stats.....

Not that negative really then

EDIT actually scratch that..... fuck knows where ive seen that... yea hes shit... lol ill find where eles ive seen some good stats on him.. might be his score from last seasons fantasy football.. lol who knows

Edited by DangerMouse