IGNORED

W(v)agner Love.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest from SSN:-

They are confirming that he is arriving for a medical today. £2.5m loan deal, with a view for a £8m signature. The £2.5m will be deducted from the final price if we decide to sign him.

Here is a link to someone reporting the same story:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20692990/

They are saying that Trevor Steven is the man behind the deal, apparently he's Love's agent now!

Is that what SSN are saying or is it on the info bar at the bottem as its not on there website

Just wait now for Everton to reject it and say not after Love

He was missing for large parts last season and we finished 5th. He is not as "vital" as some of you think...

Did you not see our form when he was missing?

We were average at best at the beginning of the season when he was out, and then the last 9 games he was missing we only won 2 games (I think) and one of those was a VERY laboured and lucklustre performance against DERBY!

He's a cracking player - love to see him at Everton.

Coming to Goodison on 25th Oct to watch Utd game - be quality to see a player of Love's calibre - I mean he's a Brazilian intl. Him and Yak would do well I think.

Yes mate I have - I just decided f**k it - if it changes, it changes - it's worth the risk IMO. Flights were only 90quid upto Manchester.

That won't be nice though, as I'm preparing to be surrounded by f**king Mancs on the train to Lime St.

He was missing for large parts last season and we finished 5th. He is not as "vital" as some of you think...

We only finished 5th because when Cahill was playing we won virtually every match, at the start of the season we struggled, at the end we struggled (but luckily all our competitors - Portsmouth, Villa etc all bottled it as well) it was only when Cahill was fit we actually consistently got results. In fact, without doing any research whatsoever, I would suspect that when Cahill played our results in those games would have put us in the top 3 in the league, nevermind 5th. I agree that in a 442 he still has to answer some questions, but playing alongside someone like M'Bia, rather than the restricted Carsley, may help him - or it may not. In a 451 he's the most important player in our team, don't doubt it for one minute.

Eduardo. The train from there aint too bad. I get the train up from Sheffield and go through manchester every game.

Hope it doesn't change and we put on a good show for you!! Hopefully with Love getting a hatrick. And maybe yak getting a yaktrick.... we can dream can't we :P

Edited by jamiemaher85

Do you actually think TC is effective playing 442? I think he gets a bit lost in games.... Not jkust against the bigger better teams either...

451 hes unstoppable and think he suits that role perfectly....

Would'nt play Cahill in a 4-4-2, but deffo in a 4-5-1.

If we sign Love and M'Bia then what about a 4-3-1-2

ARTETA M'BIA PIENARR

CAHILL

LOVE YAK

If M'Bia is exceptional and can really put his foot in then I think the likes of Osman, Cahill or Arteta could all do a job there alongside him. Either that or try and get Fernandez in or get a real quality player such as Moutinho (who is looking more and more unlikely). All I'm saying is, ok we may still lack the last piece of the jigsaw to really go toe to toe with someone like Liverpool (Gerrard/Mascherano) in a 442, but against most teams we'd probably be good enough and we could revert to 451 against the big 4 and we'd be awesome (M'Bia, Osman and Cahill - Pienaar/Love and Arteta on the wings). With the defense we now have (apart from RB) excellent wingers, (If Arteta gets back on form - I think he will) Cahill back and firing, a great commanding midfielder (hopefully M'Bia) and the Yak up front we could be serious contenders to the top 3/4. COYB! We just need to make some signings this week to raise optimism and get the fans and the whole club back in a positive frame of mind. We've had such a miserable Summer if we suddenly signed 3 players this week I think most of us wouldn't stop grinning for a month!

It would be stupid to bring in Love just to challenge Pienaar for the left wing, he's an out an out striker, Jacklez said he's poor at finishing but all I can go by is FM and he's got finishing 18 so he could be some player.

Did you not see our form when he was missing?

We were average at best at the beginning of the season when he was out, and then the last 9 games he was missing we only won 2 games (I think) and one of those was a VERY laboured and lucklustre performance against DERBY!

I think what goes unnoticed mark is when Cahill didnt play it was usually Neville and Carsley center mid, we all no we possibly had the worst partnership of centermidfielders then so that could have had a big part in the cahill absence, he does bring us important goals but for me in a 442 he isnt good enough, 4 5 1 one of the best.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Love, who has averaged a goal every two games during his career, is also a regular feature in the Brazil national team, having so far earned 21 caps and helped his country lift the Copa America in 2004 and 2007.

that was an article on icliverpool.com, if he got a goal every 2 games id be over the moon and probz back again!!

I think what goes unnoticed mark is when Cahill didnt play it was usually Neville and Carsley center mid, we all no we possibly had the worst partnership of centermidfielders then so that could have had a big part in the cahill absence, he does bring us important goals but for me in a 442 he isnt good enough, 4 5 1 one of the best.

I agree, because in that period we also had Arteta playing at half pace ( when he did play) and Osman playing with an injured foot. If in the january window DM had brought in some Midfield cover with the McFadden money, we might of finished the season a little bit better.

Reports from CSKA Moscow are denying that Everton are in negotiations for Love! I'll try and find a link soon, my firend just gave me a call to tell me.

I don't know what to think anymore. I actaully thought this one was going to come off. Fuck sake.

EDIT:

http://www.championat.ru/football/news-131599.html

Ok this is where the story is being shown in russia. Championat is one of there top sports news outlets, so is as reputable as the story being run on SSN or such place over here.

The story basically says that there President has spoken to the press and siad that reports from The Times stating that the Love is about to join on loan are not true and that negotiations are yet to take place. It doesn't state anything about a full tranfer rather than a loan though. My friend did however add that CSKA's president does have a habbit of lying to the press. He apperantly promised the press that Jo would not leave, 1 week before he then joined City. Still, this story does knock all the confidence that i had built up today. I was almost optimistic and looking forward to the news tomorrow. Not any more!!! <_<

Edited by jamiemaher85

Reports from CSKA Moscow are denying that Everton are in negotiations for Love! I'll try and find a link soon, my firend just gave me a call to tell me.

I don't know what to think anymore. I actaully thought this one was going to come off. Fuck sake.

http://www.followeverton.com/2008/08/11/cs...-loan-not-true/

Thats the link in the best english....

But clubs are known to "bend the truth" untill the deal is done :)

What are you panicing for?

President has said he is not going on loan - could be permanent.

When one of your best players is leaving when has a chairman ever said "yep he is going"...! Look at Johnson to Fulham, we all knew it was happening yet Moyes said "AJ is going nowhere".

EDIT: By no means am I saying AJ was one of our best.

Edited by Everton_Worshiper