IGNORED

Albert Riera

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a feeling the red shite are gonna get this one. He agent's come out and openly said that Everton have made a bigger offer but he wants CL football, I reckon he's just trying to stir up a bit more business and make each side a bit scared. I reckon RS will put in an improved offer and do a deal quickly, we'll think about it until next tuesday, then realise it's too late.

Well if i dont want him simply cos he would rather play for the shite than us. Fuck him who needs him

Thats a bit of a rash comment. Of course he would prefer Liverpool over us. Reguar Champions League football, he can probably have a better shot at the national team. To say to fuck him off just because he would want to play for Liverpool is a bit short sighted. Not everyone is an everton fan, and not every european based player will even have that great of a knowledge of everton.

I just hope that this guy isn't another AVDM, remember we made a last minute grab for him and the rest is history despite all the brilliant video's of his play.

Yeh looks awesome on youtube.. shame things turned out the way they did. If the SWP rumors are true this would be dead in the water?

Looks much better on youtube than I ever remember him at City. In fact he looks a little Arteta-ish!

Guillem Ballauge does seem to talk some sense, so if he reckons he's decent..... Let's see what happens!

Edited by DonKey

On SSN (on TV) after talking about the Jacobson signing they showed an interview with Espanyol president, he stated that two clubs where in talks at the moment and he thinks they could have a deal tied up by the end of the day. He didn't state which teams but SSN said they beleive it to be us and the shite, which is hardly new news! But is sounds like we are willing to pay the cash up front, which Espanyol would prefer, but the shite want to do a part exchange invlolving Vornin, which they are not too keen on (and who would be tbh!)

I still think he'll plump for the shite, but this one could still have legs to it, i'd much prefer Riera to SWP.

he reminds me of mikel this lad, class on the ball but not lightning quick, i would be happy with him and mikel on the wings, but where will pienaar play, we would get hammered if he played in the middle with cahill.

Cahill would play behind the Yak and Mikel would play alongside the DM, whoever that may be.

he reminds me of mikel this lad, class on the ball but not lightning quick, i would be happy with him and mikel on the wings, but where will pienaar play, we would get hammered if he played in the middle with cahill.

Pienaar could play in the centre of the park, as long as we bought in some strength behind him. Pienaar has always been a CM, Moyes has just pushed him out wide, he has normally played an Osman type role in the past.

I think either would be good, it will just be nice to have some other creative force in the squad who can take some of the pressure off Arteta, also then maybe oppositions wouldn't constantly put two players on him everygame and just mark him out all the time.

I would prefer Riera, but SWP would be an ok signing, just the price tag that worries me. We have just got rid of Aj, do we really need someone else to run around like a headless chicken?

i think this season we'll see a lot of teams trying to out mark pienaar too after the way he played last season. i'd love to see us play arteta like arsenal play fabregas though

Good call, a big ask of spud though. He would really have to step his game up, he aint to god in the tackle which makes me feel he would be best left out on the wing, whereas i think Pienaar's tackeling is slightly better so could potentially be a better option in the centre

I think Fabregas is fairly good at tackeling. To be honest neither of Arteta or Pienaar are perfect for that role, at the moment anyway, maybe they can step there games up, maybe not, as long we have some options in the squad i'd be happy. It will be goodto have someone on the bench who can mix it up a little bit. Its been awhile since we have had a few people on the bench that can be relied apon to change a game.

If, as widely expected, Liverpool pip us to this guy's signature, does anyone else think it may be worth going for Pennant? Liverpool are apparently looking to offload him to raise funds. I think Pennant is pretty decent, he hasn't really shone at Liverpool but he's had his moments and I remember when he played for Birmingham against us 2 or 3 years back and he absolutely ripped us apart time and time again. He can probably play either wing, is very quick and a good crosser of the ball. If he's only about £5-6m I'd take him.

If, as widely expected, Liverpool pip us to this guy's signature, does anyone else think it may be worth going for Pennant? Liverpool are apparently looking to offload him to raise funds. I think Pennant is pretty decent, he hasn't really shone at Liverpool but he's had his moments and I remember when he played for Birmingham against us 2 or 3 years back and he absolutely ripped us apart time and time again. He can probably play either wing, is very quick and a good crosser of the ball. If he's only about £5-6m I'd take him.

No thanks. Never been a huge fan of the thug. I think Pienaar is a much better player, would prefer to look elsewhere. But thats only my own personal opinion.

He'd be a good buy, would prefer SWP