IGNORED

Albert Riera

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was shit at city, but very good at esponyol. Its a risk, and at 12m a very big risk. But you only have to look at the teams intrested in him to see he has potential, Liverpool, Man U and Arse have been linked previously.

The thing that worries me is the price tag. 12m is a huge gamble for a team like us and i'm not sure if it would pay off. But one thing, at least we would finally have a left footed midfielder. But im not too sure on his "star" quality, and whether or not his style of play will vastly improve us. Hoepfully he can prove me wrong though. Maybe he can vie for the position of the clubs favourite spaniard.

Edited by jamiemaher85

He was shit at city, but very good at esponyol. Its a risk, and at 12m a very big risk. But you only have to look at the teams intrested in him to see he has potential, Liverpool, Man U and Arse have been linked previously.

The thing that worries me is the price tag. 12m is a huge gamble for a team like us and i'm not sure if it would pay off. But one thing, at least we would finally have a left footed midfielder. But im not too sure on his "star" quality, and whether or not his style of play will vastly improve us. Hoepfully he can prove me wrong though. Maybe he can vie for the position of the clubs favourite spaniard.

Skillful, no pace, crossing and finishing woeful. We should have signed Manny if these are the depths we are stooping to. 12m! Fucking Deco was 8m, Ronaldhino was less than 25m! Yet we want to pay 12m for Riera 20m quoted for Moutinho? Unrealistic no wonder we haven't signed anyone. Pienaar at 2.5m is one hundred times better than Riera.

Edited by Mikels Left Tezzer

He sounds like the Spanish Kilbane! I appreciate we need height in our team but for £12m i'd rather have Shawn Wright Phillips, who seems to be available.

I remember him at citeh and wasn't very impressed but if these teams have been linked he may have improved.

mmmm 12 mill u gotta be joking

loody mordern football prices are too high for players

Just seen another article which says 10m Euros which has got to be about 6m? I think Liverpool offered that amount plus Veronika! I still don't want him, but will it make Arteta happy? Riera is an international (6 Caps) would that mean the Spanish manager would have to come and watch Arteta? I can't believe this nugget has 6 caps and Arteta zilch!

Skillful, no pace, crossing and finishing woeful. We should have signed Manny if these are the depths we are stooping to. 12m! Fucking Deco was 8m, Ronaldhino was less than 25m! Yet we want to pay 12m for Riera 20m quoted for Moutinho? Unrealistic no wonder we haven't signed anyone. Pienaar at 2.5m is one hundred times better than Riera.

you're forgetting that barça, because of all the troubles last season, wanted to offload them fast. it was no secret they we're on the market, so barça had very little to negociate with.

ronaldinho for 25M is laughable, but 8M for deco is just plain stupid. they payed porto 25 PLUS quaresma, so talk about loosing money on that deal. serves them right, too. if chelsea can do take the league from MU this year, it's cuz of deco.

He sounds like the Spanish Kilbane! I appreciate we need height in our team but for £12m i'd rather have Shawn Wright Phillips, who seems to be available.

I remember him at citeh and wasn't very impressed but if these teams have been linked he may have improved.

I'd rather have SWP too plus he's cheaper

Albert Riera has been linked with many European giants such as FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Inter Milan he has also recently been linked with move's to English giants Arsenal FC, Everton FC and Liverpool FC.

Sounds like he could be a good player. He's scored a total of eight goals for Espanyol, not much but if you look at the teams that have been sniffing at him he must be decent. I'm just glad we were described as 'English Giants :D'

This makes for an interesting read, especially the later half. I like this writer, he is normally pretty good, has gone a fair bit in 442 in the past.

http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?id=66

Both Liverpool and Everton have made formal bids for Albert Riera of Espanyol.

Everton have offered €11 million for the Spanish winger, while Liverpool's opening bid included Voronin plus €5 million.

The player would prefer a move to Anfield, but Liverpool's second bid, received by Espanyol last night, is still not considered high enough by the Barcelona based club. Liverpool will need to raise their offer by, at least, a further €2 million and are expected to return with a higher bid in the next few hours.

As far as Espanyol are concerned, they are more than happy that the two English clubs are engaged in a bidding war for the player's signature and they will let him go for around €11 million. As Everton have already bid that amount, it would seem certain that Riera is heading for the Premiership.

Everton are desperate for an injection of new blood in to the team. However, David Moyes likes to be absolutely certain about any potential new players before he will commit himself to signing them and is not prepared to take a gamble, and that caution can sometimes mean that he has missed out on other targets in the past.

There have been many English observers who have questioned Riera's abilities following his previous stint in the Premiership at Manchester City. He was not given the opportunity to play in his natural, attacking, position at City, however, and spent his time there being used as a wing back: his natural position is a winger in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

If he does end up playing in a 4-4-2, as he could at Everton, then his coach will need to be constantly on top of him to remind him of his defensive responsibilities and that he will need to track back.

Albert Riera is a quality player but, as someone who can struggle with consistency, he will constantly need an arm around his shoulders and be made to feel important if any manager wants to get the best out of him. He started last term in fabulous form, but without receiving that kind of attention, his form can dip dramatically, as it did over the second half of the season.

Nevertheless, when he is on form, Albert Riera can be one of the best left wingers in Europe. He has a powerful shot, is a strong header of the ball and he is capable of taking on and beating defenders: in spite of not being the quickest around.

it would be nice to have the luxury of a natural left footed winger, with him and baines we would be really strong attacking down the left. id like us to bring him in, and his height would help. but im still more desparate for a central midfielder or three.

can guarantee if the shite get him he'll be class.