IGNORED

Wright-phillips

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew your contribution wouldn't be long coming Mark :lol::lol: .

Have to say though I tend to agree with you....he has his moments but seriously over-rated for me.

Hopefully, if it's true, it'll just be a loan move and we can send him back without having to pay for him.

He may not be in the squad today but he's at the game, so the rumour is probably BS.

With his scoring record against us Ian Wright is the last one I'd like to see at GP :lol:

Class guy though always makes me laugh!

Just be a good character...

Back to SWP he would be a pretty big signing i reckon DM would turn him into a magical player.

No doubt this rumour will fizzle into nothingness..

If we really have signed him SWP i will eat my hat

Class guy though always makes me laugh!

Just be a good character...

Back to SWP he would be a pretty big signing i reckon DM would turn him into a magical player.

No doubt this rumour will fizzle into nothingness..

If we really have signed him SWP i will eat my hat

Well that should guarantee our first signing :lol::lol::lol:

I'd take him in a heartbeat to be be fair.

He's suffered pretty much in the same way as Bent did at Tottenham. Massive (unjustified) transfer fee, and then not living up to the expectations of put on him as a result. He went for not too short of what we sold Rooney for (£21m I think).

Ian Wright has always said he needs to go somewhere were he's appreciated a bit more, and given games. If that's going to happen with us, then I reckon we'd get a good player there!

Edited by DonKey

Just to confirm SWP was sitting with the rest of the Chelsea squad at Wigan, although not a sub he was there. I can't see why that would kill the rumour about him joining us because Wigan is just down the road.

I'm trying to think of positives about him signing and I just can't get excited. Yeah he has a few England caps and has scored at that level, but as I said in another thread he is just to short and we are full of tiny tots at the moment. One positive, it might stop Neville and Jags lumping the ball? Oh wait I do have second positive, he is the fastest Premiership player with the ball at his feet last time I checked, but he is only tenth fastest without the ball? Go figure?

Anyone just see the Scolari post-match interview on SSN?

He confirmed that an unanmed club had submitted a bid for SWP and they would be dealing with it tomorrow. The interviewer asked if it was Everton, he then replied that he didn't want to comment

For better or worse looks like this one may have some legs to it. Though if the transfer is like the player it will keep on going for awhile, but with no end product.

Edited by jamiemaher85