IGNORED

Standard Liege (2nd Leg Away)

EFCfanatic

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beaten by a very good team full of confidence, who set out to frustrate and did a bloody good job.

I would have thought the current situation was a perfect one for Moyes to prove to everyone that he is as good a manager as he thinks he is.

Newcastle will be wondering what kind of Everton they will face on Sunday!.........mind you so am I :unsure:

Anichebe had a couple of decent shots that were deflected off target, thought he did well.Lescott looked better and Jagielka was again outstanding.Baines!, probably needs a lot more games, will he get them?

Hi ! I do hope your season will turn from bad to good and that you will first beat Newcastel this sunday.

If you did it well last year, why not this year?.... the players need them self confidence back and this will come after 2 or 3 good games.

I hope too that Fellaini will bring you what you expect from Him. Nobody knows if he is 15 Millions worth but I am sure that he will do his very best to prove he is. Be patient, he is 20 years old and everything is new for ihm. He doesn't know his new mates and team way of playing, cannot speak English at the time, come from the Belgium League to the premier league...... Don't put too much presure on his shoulders and don't judge ihm too quickly.

One thing is sure, we will have regularly a look at your results and Marouane's one. No doud that you have new fans in Belgium now.

Good luck for the season

Hi ! I do hope your season will turn from bad to good and that you will first beat Newcastel this sunday.

If you did it well last year, why not this year?.... the players need them self confidence back and this will come after 2 or 3 good games.

I hope too that Fellaini will bring you what you expect from Him. Nobody knows if he is 15 Millions worth but I am sure that he will do his very best to prove he is. Be patient, he is 20 years old and everything is new for ihm. He doesn't know his new mates and team way of playing, cannot speak English at the time, come from the Belgium League to the premier league...... Don't put too much presure on his shoulders and don't judge ihm too quickly.

One thing is sure, we will have regularly a look at your results and Marouane's one. No doud that you have new fans in Belgium now.

Good luck for the season

Thanks for your words of support!

Doing well one year doesn't guarantee the next one will be the same!! Everton won the league title many years back and the following season came in at 14th! It's all part of the wonderfull game.Doesn't matter who you are or how you got on last week, it's the 90 minutes you face when you cross that white line on the day/night.

Your team did the perfect job over two legs, although we didn't really do ourselves justice.Credit to yourselves for creating a great atmosphere in your stadium and winning.Think I speak for many Evertonians when I say I hope you go on and win the cup.

Good luck!

Thanks for your words of support!

Doing well one year doesn't guarantee the next one will be the same!! Everton won the league title many years back and the following season came in at 14th! It's all part of the wonderfull game.Doesn't matter who you are or how you got on last week, it's the 90 minutes you face when you cross that white line on the day/night.

Your team did the perfect job over two legs, although we didn't really do ourselves justice.Credit to yourselves for creating a great atmosphere in your stadium and winning.Think I speak for many Evertonians when I say I hope you go on and win the cup.

Good luck!

Thanks ! That's right, Standard fan can create a great atmosphere at home but away too. That's also for me 50% reason to attend every game in Liège. We are well known in Belgium therefore.

I remember that Italians of Parma were very surprised by this atmosphere and by the Tifo prepared.

I also remember that we were still singing in the stadium of Bochum, Germany, 40 minutes after victory.

I admit that good results did not happened often in the last 25 years. The club is doing a very job these last couple of years and I hope the future will be for us

I was not in Liverpool for the 2 games but I hope to be there if we play next time Tottenham or Villa

Win the cup ? first at all, they must keep both feet on the ground and fight in every game... tonight against Cercle Brugge, against "little" teams. Every game is a new fight, everyone will win !

• 5 weeks later...

I went to liege and I can Honestly say it was the best atmosphere I have seen and heard inside a stadium. I was sitting in their equivelent to the main stand shitting myself a bit but buzzing. Couldnt believe it only holds about 28000

When each end on the ground were singing to each other I thought "Oh my fooking god that is awsome" Think they were singing Alie (sp) la rouge

I suppose thinking your gonna be murdered make you appreciate these moments haha

I went to liege and I can Honestly say it was the best atmosphere I have seen and heard inside a stadium. I was sitting in their equivelent to the main stand shitting myself a bit but buzzing. Couldnt believe it only holds about 28000

When each end on the ground were singing to each other I thought "Oh my fooking god that is awsome" Think they were singing Alie (sp) la rouge

I suppose thinking your gonna be murdered make you appreciate these moments haha

Allons les Rouges (equivalent to "Go Reds go!")