IGNORED

Standard Liege (2nd Leg Away)

EFCfanatic

Sorry but I am going to keep this short an sweet

MOYES OUT

Who's Moyes' replacement? Sam Allerdyce is currently managing no-one would he be looking to take us over? I don't want Moyes to leave but if his heart and soul isn't in the team then he should leave now. I think that his contract being up in the air is one of the factors to us getting a bad start to the season. We need to sort ourselves out fast with or without Moyes leading us. Kenwright needs to sell soon too as he has a lot to answer for in this.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think it's a bit harsh we drew Liege to be fair - I mean we finished 5th in the prem and we get a team that's only just been knocked out of the Champs league by Liverpool, but Villa finish below us and get some bulgarian team nobody has ever heard of, and Spurs get in via the mickey mouse club and get Warsaw who are nowhere near the quality of Standard. Surely there should be some kind of seeding there?!

Plus Liege should have been down to 10 after 20 mins. Who knows how that would have affected the game - certainly Defour played a big part in their first goal, and they definitely woudn't have been as dangerous on the counter, so the penalty incident probably wouldn't have happened either.

Having said all that, if we think we're good enough to win the Uefa cup we should be beating teams like Standard Liege for fucks sake! The teams performances this season have been an absolute disgrace.

Conceding at least 2 goals in ALL BUT ONE game this season is completely fucking unacceptable!

we are making this lot look good!!!

players on £30k+ per wk and we cant even pass 5 yards. always back or long!!! Might aswell go and sign vinnie sideways back!!!!!

I think this lot ARE good. Don't wanna rub salt in it, but were EFC ever a threat? Except for Spino's howler, would you ever have scored? Ask yourself the right question. Clear pen for me, but the angle might be somewhat different.

All banter aside, I was amazed by our young team's composure. Huge sigh of relieve (the second one since lunchtime ;) )

Hope I'm still welcome around.

I do think it's a bit harsh we drew Liege to be fair - I mean we finished 5th in the prem and we get a team that's only just been knocked out of the Champs league by Liverpool, but Villa finish below us and get some bulgarian team nobody has ever heard of, and Spurs get in via the mickey mouse club and get Warsaw who are nowhere near the quality of Standard. Surely there should be some kind of seeding there?!

Plus Liege should have been down to 10 after 20 mins. Who knows how that would have affected the game - certainly Defour played a big part in their first goal, and they definitely woudn't have been as dangerous on the counter, so the penalty incident probably wouldn't have happened either.

Having said all that, if we think we're good enough to win the Uefa cup we should be beating teams like Standard Liege for fucks sake! The teams performances this season have been an absolute disgrace.

Conceding at least 2 goals in ALL BUT ONE game this season is completely fucking unacceptable!

We beat Zenit last season! And they only just lost to Real Madrid 2-1 and won the cup! If we had played like we did last year I do believe that we could have given AC Milan & Barca a real run for thier money - this year I think the likes of Hereford would relish playing us.

You guy's think fellaini is not that good?

but he was the best player of standard and we overplayed everton?

Everton played poor, no insparation just lateral.

Is this the level of the premier league??

No it's not. That is the standard of Everton ATM.

Edited by dark

You guy's think fellaini is not that good?

but he was the best player of standard and we overplayed everton?

Everton played poor, no insparation just lateral.

Is this the level of the premier league??

not the level of the premier league but the level of us at the moment. Standard are a DECENT side at best and no offence an Everton playing well would piss on them.

Standard deserved to go through and we have no one to blame except ourselves

As for fellaini, only time will tell with him but one things for sure :£15mill standard got the best end of the deal!!!

I think this lot ARE good. Don't wanna rub salt in it, but were EFC ever a threat? Except for Spino's howler, would you ever have scored? Ask yourself the right question. Clear pen for me, but the angle might be somewhat different.

Yes it was a penalty no doubts. And we made them look this good!!!!

Just heard moyes saying "our players played really well tonight??" and all he is moaning about is how deffour should have been sent off!!!!How about he comes out and just says we played shite, and drop some of the big names who aint doing it and play some kids!!!

Dont know if its just me but he doesnt look happy and wouldnt surprise me if he leaves soon.

All banter aside, I was amazed by our young team's composure. Huge sigh of relieve (the second one since lunchtime ;) )

Maybe - personally it looked like Baines played the ball to me, but it was obviously hard for the ref to judge that, It didn't make any difference to the result anyway....

I know I've mentioned this a couple of times already, but do YOU agree that Defour should have got his second yellow after 20 mins for that cynical foul on Saha, and if so do you think the result would have been the same without your best player for 70 mins?

Got to agree with some of the above comments. I think Moyes has to sign his contract and sort his players out, or move on. The players are obviously worried about what's going on with the manager, and I think if he'd signed before today's match we'd be celebrating another prospective good run in the UEFA Cup. Instead, we just keep getting fobbed off with "the contract's waiting and will be signed next week", the same story that's been going around for months. The team is not playing well right now, with no confidence, and who's responsibility is that, eh Moyesy?

I think Moyes has done a great job while he's been here, but since the end of last season, he's proven himself to be uncommmitted to the Everton cause, dallying with his contract, dallying in the transfer market, and now failing to instill belief in his players, and fobbing the fans off with bullshit line after bullshit line. I want answers from you Moyesy, Im angry beyond words at this disgrace.

not the level of the premier league but the level of us at the moment. Standard are a DECENT side at best and no offence an Everton playing well would piss on them.

Standard deserved to go through and we have no one to blame except ourselves

As for fellaini, only time will tell with him but one things for sure :£15mill standard got the best end of the deal!!!

I just want to say there was a lot of comment about fellaini here.

Is he good enough for the premier league ??? everton is not standard stuff like that

Well in two games and also the games against liverpool standard showed they have a good team.

When they play in the premier league they play top 6.

marouane was the keyplayer of that team

So you will see, marouane will improve.

and about that 15 mill

he did not ask to give 15 mill for him. so give him the time

Howard - I thought he did ok tonight but he has to be one of the worst keepers I have ever seen for saving penalties.

Hibbert - I'm confused as to why Moyes continues to play him, he got hammered tonight and I wouldn't even have him on the bench.

Jagielka - A rock, as ever.

Lescott - Looked a hundred times better tonight and I hope that continues.

Baines - I thought he looked decent tonight but due to our painfully slow build up play he couldn't add anything attacking wise. I thought the penalty against him was a little harsh because he did get the ball first but that would have been very difficult for the referee to see.

Osman - Woeful. I know he's carrying an injury but is that an excuse for stray pass after stray pass?

Cahill - Didn't really get into the game for me, 442 is not the formation that works with him playing.

Neville - I thought he was our best midfielder tonight. While our other midfielders were running from the ball he was demanding the ball from our defenders. Well played.

Arteta - Disgraceful performance from someone with so much talent. His passing and set-pieces were terrible. He's a bottler, whenever we have a big game he goes missing and that's when we most need him to step up.

Yakubu - Pissed me off all night. Crap.

Saha - He looked way off the pace tonight.

Some supporters will not face up to the truth FB, they would rather say "we are making them look good" than say Standard are making us look bad. ;)

Congratulations to a team that had good organisation ( did we have ANY shot at goal ??) looked very comfortable on the ball and missed several good chances to make it 4 or 5-1.

I have no arguments with the penalty cos Baines waved the wrong leg at the ball and his knee and thigh caught the player, he's never been a good defender, and how many times did they WALK past our fullbacks tonight, and i have to ask the question would Castillo have been any worse than any of our midfield tonight cos i dont think so. The questions go on and on, why was Yobo dropped and Neville switched to midfield.

Has DM lost the the plot tinkering with the team for a vital Eufa tie cos its a bad time to do it, he could have left it for Sunday against the Newcs.

I'm not too disappointed that we got beat by a better team, but i'm disappointed at the turnaround in the attitude and form of the entire Squad.

I Wish standard the best of luck in the competition.

Be honest, we were the better side over 2 legs and deserve to go through. Can't tell you how scared I was after the equalizer, weary of the sucker punch. Fortunately for us, it never came.

All this being said, I really and sincerely wish you all the best and a speedy recovery in the League. Merseyside deserves one great football team.

Be honest, we were the better side over 2 legs and deserve to go through. Can't tell you how scared I was after the equalizer, weary of the sucker punch. Fortunately for us, it never came.

All this being said, I really and sincerely wish you all the best and a speedy recovery in the League. Merseyside deserves one great football team.

You were definitely the better side over both legs, I can't see why anyone would argue with that tbh.

After watching Moyes' interview after the game I don't think he'll be with us too much longer

I agree Mark, he will walk his bottle has gone, Spurs or the Barcodes. With in days we will be arguing about who will replace him, its unfortunate but after this appalling season he has obviously taken us as far as he can, he can't match the big boys tactically and seems bemused as to why blood sweat and tears doesn't work all the time, skill does count.

Bill I agree with you that Standard are a very good side and deserved their victory over both legs. Its a wonder their back four stayed awake our approach play was that ponderous and predictable. It is going to be a long hard season and I fear for our future unless the big backer turns up and I'm not sure they would trust Moyes with their money anyway.

It hurt to write that lot, back to bed

You sure are FB, I'll be supporting your lot now to win the thing so you can keep us updated. Does Boloni fancy a job :lol::lol::lol:

Guest TheGingerPrince

Got to say that was painful, just really, really painful. I started last year thinking Everton simply weren't good enough technically, but then had to change my mind half way throuhg the season when we started playing some very good stuff. Unfortunately it looks as though we've gone backwards, in so many ways I don't have space to write them all here. I don't think I've ever seen a team attack as slowly or without menace as Everton tonight, Liege looked as though they were quite bemused by it all.

No doubt we were beaten by a far better team, no doubt we don't have the players to succeed this season and no doubt that needs to go. Unfortunately I really don't feel as though theres anyone better out there. I feel theres someone who can make us play more attractive and attacking football, but i don't think theres anyone out there who could drag our current players into a waffer cup place again. surely there must be a rich everton fan out there somewhere? If not, I fear mediocraty beckons, and theres nothing more depressing than that.

After watching Moyes' interview after the game I don't think he'll be with us too much longer

The Goodison chief was frustrated by the referee and the fact his side couldn't turn their possession into clear-cut openings against a well-organised Liege side.

But he has pledged to put the Blues back on track - and has reassured fans his future remains with Everton despite speculation over his new contract.

He said: "(The targets now are) to try and kick on and do as well as we have done in the previous seasons.

"They (the fans) have known for a long time (that I'm staying). I've had some bad ones (starts to the season) and this one hasn't been great but this is football and it's my job. You can't expect to have a good year, you have to earn the right and play well.

"The players played very well tonight, we did very well up to 25 yards out and then it was hard to get through them and that would be the only bit I could fault them for."

Doesn't sound like he's on his way to me :huh: .

The Goodison chief was frustrated by the referee and the fact his side couldn't turn their possession into clear-cut openings against a well-organised Liege side.

But he has pledged to put the Blues back on track - and has reassured fans his future remains with Everton despite speculation over his new contract.

He said: "(The targets now are) to try and kick on and do as well as we have done in the previous seasons.

"They (the fans) have known for a long time (that I'm staying). I've had some bad ones (starts to the season) and this one hasn't been great but this is football and it's my job. You can't expect to have a good year, you have to earn the right and play well.

"The players played very well tonight, we did very well up to 25 yards out and then it was hard to get through them and that would be the only bit I could fault them for."

Doesn't sound like he's on his way to me :huh: .

That from the Everton site? I'm talking about the interview on CH. 5. He looked like a man who had reached the end of the line.

Beaten by a very good team full of confidence, who set out to frustrate and did a bloody good job.

I would have thought the current situation was a perfect one for Moyes to prove to everyone that he is as good a manager as he thinks he is.

Newcastle will be wondering what kind of Everton they will face on Sunday!.........mind you so am I :unsure:

Anichebe had a couple of decent shots that were deflected off target, thought he did well.Lescott looked better and Jagielka was again outstanding.Baines!, probably needs a lot more games, will he get them?

Come on man jovanovic is MOTM

assist, action for a panalty, and hit him

mbokani was also very good

I like players who, like Camozzato, never put a foot wrong. He was my man of the season. Never utterly brilliant, but always so solid, so reliable. Witsel goes without saying. If he's patient and keeps learning his trade with us for one more season, he'll shine in whatever league, but he needs one more year schooling, get pushed around, get hurt by stupid Belgian mid-league butchers before taking on Spanish bullfighters. Jovanovic is called "The Snake". Says it all.

Price tags (press speculation - conservative estimates): Defour, € 8 m - Witsel, € 9 m - Jova, € 11 m - Mbokani, € 16 m, Dante & Camozzato - € 6 m

Price tags (press speculation - conservative estimates): Defour, € 8 m - Witsel, € 9 m - Jova, € 11 m - Mbokani, € 16 m, Dante & Camozzato - € 6 m

Looks like your club is set to come into a lot more money soon then. Do you have the players as good to replace them when they leave? Will you spend the money on replacements or just bank it?