IGNORED

Man Utd (home)

Louis

This is my Starting Line up.

................Howard................

Neville....Jags....Lescott....Baines

................Castillo.................

Arteta.....Fellaini.....Osman

...............Saha....................

Dropping Yakubu would be a good idea because he hasnt scored in 5 or 6 games and i think we should give Saha a chance to prove himself.

Dont fancy our chances if we only play 10 men against them. :lol: Put Pienaar in as well and thats about the best 11 we can put out.

Maybe Vaughan instead of Saha.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really not looking forward to this game. Its going to another shitty saturday afternoon - I'm starting to hate them. I'm afraid they're quite unstoppable, they can turn it on whenever they want and for christ sake look at their bench!! ANyway I've gone for an away win on my footy 15 this week so its a win win :)

Bloody hell there some odds mate not a bad bet at all.

Would have been better with Bet 365.

Rodwell 1st (66-1) and 1-4 (22-1) gives you better than 1500-1 :) .

Realistic odds though.....ain't gonna happen.

I'm gonna go for a 4-1 home win with a Tony Hibbert hat-trick (320,400-1) B) .

Actually I think you'll find he only needs 1 more to reach 100 goals and the way the fat little fuckers been playing recently it's almost inevitable that he gets it against us. But like I've been saying to my manc mates all week I don't give a fuck if he does score cos we're gonna win it 3-1! (well I can hope can't I????)

Im pretty sure he's on 99 goals so would only have to score one. And his comments have been taken slightly out of context. He said it would be special to score his 100th goal at Goodison park as that is where he started his career and where he got his first goal.

Oh

Thats Wah The Mates Have Sed Lol.

Duno Were They Got That From Then.

Pressure Is On United

Everton are still searching for a home win this season - but the Blues boss reckons the visitors' good form means they will be expected to win at Goodison. Nevertheless, he has pledged to ensure that his side push the champions as hard as possible.

Moyes told evertonfc.com: "They are a really good side and playing really well at this present time. They look as if they are getting into gear now. I want to try and give them a game. It’s a game we are all looking forward to and it’s a situation where we maybe have nothing to lose. I think most people would expect Manchester United to win so we have to go out and make a real game of it."

This time last season Everton had just played their first Uefa Cup group game, and Moyes admits he is missing the competition - But the full week of preparation time is something of a silver lining, and it's left the manager confident that his side are set for an upturn in fortunes.

"I would rather play in the Champions League (as Manchester United did) or Uefa Cup and I am still sore that we aren’t through. We have to try and use it to our advantage, but Manchester United have a big squad and they rested a couple of players and still comfortably saw off Celtic. I wish you were asking me that before I was playing someone else!" was Moyes' response when asked if Everton were set to turn a corner. But I do feel brighter," he continued. "I think the players feel brighter and we are a bit more positive, we have shown signs of playing better. We have to keep going, keep our heads down and it will turn."

Hibbert Is A Doubt This Lunchtime

Defender Tony Hibbert is a doubt for Saturday's visit of Manchester United. The right back has picked up an ankle injury and will be assessed tomorrow morning ahead of the 12 noon kick off. But Toffees boss David Moyes may be able to bring back Victor Anichebe and Joseph Yobo after both were absent for last week's 3-1 defeat at Arsenal. Defender Yobo has trained this week following a virus, while striker Anichebe (hamstring) made his Finch Farm return on Friday morning. Tim Cahill will definitely miss the clash with the champions as he is set to see out the final match of his three-game suspension.

Moyes told evertonfc.com: “Tim Cahill is suspended and Tony Hibbert has a bit of an ankle injury that we will need to check tomorrow. Victor Anichebe has returned to training today and Joseph Yobo has returned from illness.”

The game is not being shown live on television in the UK so Goodison Park is the only place to see all of the action!

Really good second half performance by us. Feliani was my man of the match definatley he was very strong in the tackles and didn't take any messing from ronaldo and all them.

We just need to go for the full 90 instead of being good for one half like we've done in previous games Newcastle and Arsenal for example and thiers more.

that match was more fun than the 3-0 derby.

For me the game changed when Phil Decided to Crock ronaldo. the reaction from the united players especially ferdinand who completely lost the plot, made the crowd spark into life finally seeing some fight from the boys.

kudos to phil who also flying clotheslined the united number 7 in the first half, i nearly fell out of my seat laughing.

Fellaini People were screaming at him when evra (he cant half jump by the way) beat him to a header. but boy he came good in the 2nd half. not quite a bullet but a nice firm header in the far corner. :D

Midfield still looks weak, And lescott poor guy needs to be dropped i'm afraid. he was trying but he does not exude confidence at the moment.

Watch out for me on MOTD when ronaldo got the ball 12 yards out i stand up with my head in hands screaming NOOOOO!

they should have been out of sight today at half time. we were that poor and they were that good.

my man of the match Howard for keeping us in the game.

final point, i heard the resident evertonian on bbc merseyside complaining about moysie was gonna go 4-5-1 and couldnt react, well sir, united made 3 substitutions and while a goal may have vindicated him, their play didnt threaten us more despite our not changing

so i'd give moysie a 8/10 for tactics today. though it was about 2/10 at half time.

thier players were a fucking disgrace. Rooney for acting like a knob infront of our fans once again. ronaldo for his playacting. ferdinand for not knowing the word sportsmanship.

the ref as well was a disgrace.

second half we played really well. i have to applaud the efforts of the boys today i thought we were gonna be slaughtered. luckily howard had a great game and kept us in the game

First half we were absolutely woeful and I feared the worst but second half we showed what we can do against the best - shit all over them and make them worry. The second half performance made me wonder wtf we've been doing since August, I was proud of our players in the second half. I was pretty disgusted with Moyes when I seen the team and seen that Baines had been dropped again to accomodate Lescott but I'll let it go because we got a good result ;)

Howard - Made me some superb saves in the first half which kept us in it.

Neville - I'm glad Hibbert failed his fitness test otherwise he'd have been in midfield! I thought he was excellent for us today and definitely led by example as a captain should (take note Spuddy!). That tackle on Ronaldo in the second half was brilliant and really played a part in us getting a result today. I don't think even Pip's harshest critics could have a go at his performance today.

Yobo - A few dodgy moments but generally ok.

Jagielka - A rock once again and saved our bacon a fair few times.

Lescott - Looked like a lost boy in the first half. Looked a little better in the second half but only in an attacking sense.

Pienaar - I thought he was excellent for us today. Ran his arse off and was always looking for the ball.

Fellaini - A few nice touches in the first half but he seemed to just wander round. Second half though I thought he was head and shoulders above the rest of our midfield (literally as well!). He broke up play a lot which I hadn't seen him do before, he won header after header (obviously been working on that in training) and he never shy's away from the ball. He took his goal excellently as well. The only negatives were that his off the ball work isn't always up to scratch and his tackling needs work.

Osman - Anonymous in the first half and I felt he was the only player who didn't step up in the second half. Not a good game for Ossie in my eyes.

Arteta - Invisible in the first half but in the second half he was a lot more involved, and linked up extremely well with Pienaar.

Saha - I thought he was great for us today. Ran all over the pitch for the team and you can see him getting better and better with each passing game.

Yakubu - Ran more in this game than he has all season, well played. If only he'd got that second goal!