IGNORED

Man Utd (home)

Louis

What did Moyes have to say at half time I wonder that caused such a turn around in the second half? It must have been pretty damned good, because the second half display was as magical as the first half was woeful.

Pity those who couldn't get to the game. It was live in Oz at a reasonable time for a change (not 1am start). Enough to say that the performances of last year are still there somewhere, they just have to be dug out and dusted off. Moyesy better get a good supply of feather dusters, because there's still a bit of regular dusting to be done to get the boys out of what really is a lack of self-belief.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One good thing about Mark is that he always gives an honest assessment of the players, everybody has players they like or dislike and i'm sure it sometimes clouds their judgement, but the one i always look forward to seeing is Marks, he has his favourite players and players he dislikes but he always says it as he sees it. Especially this one ..........

"Pienaar - I thought he was excellent for us today. Ran his arse off and was always looking for the ball".

After watching the game i was torn between 3 players for MOTM, Fellaini, Jagielka, and Neville. I can only vote for one so i have to go for Neville. Not only for the brilliant cross for the goal, or the Tackle on ladyboy that got him booked and set the crowd going, but for an all round performance throughout the game proving what a leader he is on the pitch, A captains performance and the best right back we have at the club. why did Moyes even dream of leaving him out to play Hibbert. ??

Edited by Bill.

I'm not a Neville lover but that was a great performance by him - his best in a blue shirt by far. He must notice what an absolute shitbag they are to play against with the ref on their side. Did you see Giggs tackle in the centre circle didn't even book him!!! He was an absolute joke and once again a cock up by F.A. to choose him in such a big game after our Stoke match. Anyway, regarding Neville, I thought he did play excellently but what are the odds for hoofball against Bolton again?!

I'm not a Neville lover but that was a great performance by him - his best in a blue shirt by far. He must notice what an absolute shitbag they are to play against with the ref on their side. Did you see Giggs tackle in the centre circle didn't even book him!!! He was an absolute joke and once again a cock up by F.A. to choose him in such a big game after our Stoke match. Anyway, regarding Neville, I thought he did play excellently but what are the odds for hoofball against Bolton again?!

I think Neville will put in a solid performance like the rest of the team against Bolton.

I saw Celtic Goalie Artur Boruc get booked last season just for smiling and waving at Hibs fans, Rooney should have been off the park :angry:

Boruc is known for that, he's a passionate Celt.

i stayed up late for this one back here in australia. in watching the first half, i was quite disappointed cause man utd were dominating us all over the park, nothing was happening for us. to our credit we only let them score once, howard, jagielka and yobo really putting in the hard yards to keep them out. second half - this was the best half of football i have seen them play, we got in there, earnt our possession, got a goal and by the end of it felt we probably could have won it. just watching every single everton player charging in for every 50/50 ball was magnificant, you could literally see the heart and determination to fight back in that game. if we can play like this every week, our season will most definately turn around for the better.

One good thing about Mark is that he always gives an honest assessment of the players, everybody has players they like or dislike and i'm sure it sometimes clouds their judgement, but the one i always look forward to seeing is Marks, he has his favourite players and players he dislikes but he always says it as he sees it. Especially this one ..........

"Pienaar - I thought he was excellent for us today. Ran his arse off and was always looking for the ball".

After watching the game i was torn between 3 players for MOTM, Fellaini, Jagielka, and Neville. I can only vote for one so i have to go for Neville. Not only for the brilliant cross for the goal, or the Tackle on ladyboy that got him booked and set the crowd going, but for an all round performance throughout the game proving what a leader he is on the pitch, A captains performance and the best right back we have at the club. why did Moyes even dream of leaving him out to play Hibbert. ??

Aww Bill, you've given me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside ;) .

In all seriousness, cheers :) . I'm sure sometimes I get it wrong but I do try my hardest to just judge the players on what I seen that day.

Having watched MOTD last night I have to say that the Neville tackle will go down in Everton legend.....it was a thing of pure beauty, took the ball cleanly with his right peg and sadly just couldn't get his left out of the way in time :D .

And then trotting off like butter wouldn't melt until Ferdinand caught him up, perfect look of surprise on his face when accosted. Will stick in the memory for a long time.

As will the crowd getting Rooney subbed, not for the reasons Ferguson said, but because they made him lose it again.....however SAF tries to spin it.

Enjoyed the badge incident as well....Fellaini showing his to the Gwladys I mean, not the little boy sulking one.

I honestly don't think there was anything wrong with the Neville challenge on Ronaldo. Took the ball cleanly in my opinion. It was only the little shit's discgraceful reaction that got him booked. Ferdinand should've been carded for running in from 50yards away.

Rooney again showing his complete lack of intelligence. What a muppet. Shame Ferguson dragged him. Think it would have nice for him to commemorate his return with another red card. BEAUT.

Onwards and upwards (hopefully) now blues!!!!

Having watched MOTD last night I have to say that the Neville tackle will go down in Everton legend.....it was a thing of pure beauty, took the ball cleanly with his right peg and sadly just couldn't get his left out of the way in time :D .

And then trotting off like butter wouldn't melt until Ferdinand caught him up, perfect look of surprise on his face when accosted. Will stick in the memory for a long time.

As will the crowd getting Rooney subbed, not for the reasons Ferguson said, but because they made him lose it again.....however SAF tries to spin it.

Enjoyed the badge incident as well....Fellaini showing his to the Gwladys I mean, not the little boy sulking one.

Yeah Fellaini showing his true colours ;)

Anyone seen this too? From Phil Neville's time at Manchester United, The Yes/No Game.

Howard - maybe he should have done better for fletchers goal but apart from that a decent performance.

Neville - best ive seen him play.

Jags - mr consistency, solid as ever.

Yobo - solid performance.

Lescott, had a hard job against Ronaldo but done quite well imo.

Arteta - Quiet but did show a few moments of quality.

Fellaini - Superb performance, he has been better everygame he's played, what a dangerous player he is in the box

Osman - I thought he was poor, didn't really seem to help further back the pitch and make any tackles.

Pienaar - another class performance, what a bargain is all I can say.

Yak - ran ferdinand everywhere second half but not his best performance.

Saha - first half I wasnt impressed, but he shown moments of class at times and shown everyone how much pace he has.

I dont no if anyone noticed vaughans speed when he came on he looked like a 100m sprinter, if we can get him better technically he will be a class player.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Been away from the interent for the weekend so havn't posted yet, but what a performance (well second half anyway)! I was so nervous when I was on the way to the game and was just thinking "Whats the point!" But the way the lads kept there heads up was amazing. I really feel that they fed of the crowd in the second half, the injustices of the referee and the disgusting attitutude of most of the Man Utd players was getting the crowd riled up and I think that our players really began to feed off it and turn it into something postitive.

I thought that the return of Neville wasa real bonus. He was the leader that has been so sorely missing in recent games. I thought he handled the game perfectly. Never complained about bad decisions, calmed other players down if something went against them. His attitude further highlighted the negative aspect of Man Utd and there childish Prima Donna's.

Obviously it wasn't a prefect performances and there are still things we need to cut out of our game but you have to consider the oppostion. However one thing that returned to our game this weekend that we have been in dire need of... luck. We have needed a few lucky breaks and we started to get some, we did however make our own luck with consistant strong performances, not loosing there heads and not bowing down to players who have ideas above there stations.

I was very proud of all the lads this weekend, lets hope this style of performance, the grit, the determination, can remain in our game for awhile now.