IGNORED

Fulham (home)

adamsmith69

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were embarrassingly bad for the most part yesterday. I forgot we were playing at home we were that negative. One thing we need in January or the summer at the latest is PACE. We are so one-paced it's criminal and our counter-attacks (if you can call them that) are terrible. We break away and then turn backwards and slow it right down (Arteta being the main culprit). We just allow teams to re-group all the time so we don't get anywhere. I know it's results that matter but sooner or later you have to play well, and we look absolutely shite. Also, we have to start putting whipped crosses in, not these stupid floated crosses.

Howard - Probably his most accomplished performance this season. I thought he commanded his area a lot better than he has done so far. He also made a few critical saves.

Neville - Apart from near the end, when he was punting the ball up to no one at all, he had another good game. Hibbert should stay benched.

Yobo - Fell asleep a couple of times but was OK. The one thing that pissed me off about him yesterday were his slow reactions. On a few occasions a Fulham player would win a high ball and he'd react slowly giving one of their players the time to get to the knock down.

Jagielka - He is a fucking rock for us. I have no idea where we'd be without him, probably below Spurs. He is one of the best defenders in the league for me. He did annoy me with those stupid long balls though.

Lescott - A so-so performance from him. Better than some of his games this season but not a patch on what we know he can do. Something is definitely wrong with him.

Pienaar - His build up play was quite brilliant but his final ball was shocking every single time. I lost count of the amount of times out attacks broke down because of him.

Fellaini - I thought he was our best midfielder yesterday and one of our biggest threats, I was VERY disappointed with Moyes for taking him off, IMO it should have been Osman who was taken off. Once he was off the long throws and long balls were pointless because there was no one there to win any of them.

Osman - I thought he was poor again. Maybe it was down to him being injured though, he had needed a fitness test before the game after all.

Arteta - I would drop him for the next game because he was bad again but with Fellaini suspended for the West Ham game it's even more unlikely to happen than usual.

Cahill - Missed two very good chances and generally shite yesterday. He's one of my favourite players so it disappoints me to say he was rubbish :angry: .

Yakubu - I don't really know what to say about the Yak tbh. I didn't notice him all that much :blink: .

Did anyone else notice just how poor we were keeping possession at the end of the game? I think it was only Saha that actually had the intelligence to try and get the ball to the corners, to the by-line etc., where you can just shield it and hopefully win a free kick or throw in. The rest of the players seemed happy just to kick it as far as possible up the pitch. That uses up about five seconds of time while the ball is in the air, and then the opposition can just send it straight back, whereas actually playing a bit of keep-ball and getting the ball to the by-line can kill whole minutes. Surely they must work on this in training just occasionally?

Good anlaysis of the match, we should be beating Fulham more comprehensively though, lets hope a win at home is finally a monkey off our back and we can push on from here.

Hopefully this ends the home worries, we have proved we can now win. And that's what needs to start happening at Goodison. Lets make the place the fortress it was last season and climb into the Top 7.

Did anyone else notice just how poor we were keeping possession at the end of the game? I think it was only Saha that actually had the intelligence to try and get the ball to the corners, to the by-line etc., where you can just shield it and hopefully win a free kick or throw in. The rest of the players seemed happy just to kick it as far as possible up the pitch. That uses up about five seconds of time while the ball is in the air, and then the opposition can just send it straight back, whereas actually playing a bit of keep-ball and getting the ball to the by-line can kill whole minutes. Surely they must work on this in training just occasionally?

Noticed that a lot. Especially when Arteta broke free and instead of running into the corner or attempting to take on a man he made a poor cross into the box which went past the post for a goal kick. We need to keep the ball more, if we have the ball, opposition can't score.

Jags was immense and (as already stated) one of the best defenders in the premiership, he is making Lescott look very ordinary.

Fellaini was actually quite good but that paid with his fitness as he slowed down as the game went on, I guess that is why Moyes took him off. If Fellaini improves his fitness ten fold then he is going to be very good but you can't improve fitness that much overnight.

Someone gave Howard a kick up the ass, whoever it was needs to boot Arteta up the ass so he can feel it sat on the bench.

Osman was not best he has been but the ball sticks to his feet like glue, numerous times there were 3 or so players around him and he dribbled it out.

Cahill, was he even playing?

Vaughan should be starting as when he comes on he zips around the pitch, the enthusiasm he has is good to see.