IGNORED

Fulham (home)

adamsmith69

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Moe Joe

We are playing like shit and getting the most undeserving goals in final minutes but the improvements can come later. Here and now, we must keep these three points :/

Ray Stubbs just gave the final score as 1-1.....nearly had a heart attack....slip of the tongue fortunately :huh: .

Not good, but six points and two clean sheets in the last two games. Settle for that, still a lot of things need to be sorted but the table doesn't lie and (for a bit) we're up to seventh.

Guest Moe Joe

Yeah I mean at least we are pulling points back in and not nearing the relegation 3. I don't know how we got the 3 points for that performance. Fulham carved us up multiple times only to fall behind to the power of unfair physics.

If our act isn't brought together, let's hope that physics continue to stay on our side >_>. 2 woodwork rebounds

good game, we controlled it well except for a shakey 20mins. Good goal as well, i was moaning to my brother saying all game we have played high balls and lost out, the only players decent enough in the air are fellaini who is off, and cahill who played shite today, up pops saha as soon as i finish the sentence =D

how on earth HOWARDS goal was disallowed i dont know, yak jumped up to challenge the keeper for the ball, was never a foul.

Guest brazil banks

Baffling substitutions again. Fellaini played a great 1st half. Peanuts had a good game as well. Cahill, Yak, Arteta and Osman should have been dropped in my opinion.

And it had to be Saha :-) Man of the match = Neville - The man is boss.

Baffling substitutions again. Fellaini played a great 1st half. Peanuts had a good game as well. Cahill, Yak, Arteta and Osman should have been dropped in my opinion.

Pienaar had a good game? you must have been watching a different game from me, he was keen but far too over excited and quite frankly he was an embarrassment, in 73 minutes I think he only passed to a teammate twice and cocked up numerous good positions. All he did all match was give it away. Cahill was poor and missed a sitter, Arteta seems content on passing it 5 yards most of the time but that being said he created an excellent chance for Cahill and had a hand in Fellaini hitting the post plus most of our half chances all came from him. Yakubu did nothing, Osman did well defensively but until the assist for the goal had no luck going forward. We played rubbish but still totally controlled the game against a very limited Fulham side, although they did have a couple of excellent chances. I thought our two best players were Jags and Yobo, both were excellent and had the average AJ and Zamora in their pockets all match. We need a serious shake up as we look SO pedestrian going forward it's criminal. Either Anichebe or Vaughan need to come in to provide some enthusiasm and pace. I don't know why but even Cahill and Yakubu look totally toothless together. I thought Fellaini did ok and was surprised he was taken off, but anyway, somehow we won and we're actaully starting to move up the table quite nicely.

Guest brazil banks

Thought Peanuts played alright actually, bags of pace and some good movement.

Anyway, hopefully we can bag a few points over the next four or five games. Keep the confidence going.

Just about deserved the three points, just!

Small periods we played some excellent football, without then creating chances.If the final ball could be better we would be up and running.For example how many chances were created for Yakubu?

Decent games from Osman, Pienaar, in fact most of the lads, excellent once again from Jagielka!

Cahill and Arteta quiet in the second half, and were still lacking that Carsley type player.

Moyse is still looking for his best formation.I think Fellaini kinda cramps Cahills style, and although Fellaini had another decent game, he needs to just up his work rate.

So another clean sheet, I know we had our luck with the woodwork, but we were having the opposite earlier in the season with own goals and deflections....and another scrappy 1-0 win.

I think the difference between Everton and the likes of Bolton and Fulham, is that we are still only 75% towards our best form, where as Bolton and Fulham probably wont improve that much on what you see.

That extra 25%, needs to come from Lescott, Arteta and maybe Yakubu.If thoes player could get back to top form, and we find the Carsley soloution....AND make the final pass, we would be thrashing the likes of Fulham........Now there's a lot of ifs in that lot, but it is possible, and Moyes has indicated that he's the man to do it........that big pay rise tells us that!

did I go to a differant game today, his pass completion must have been shit because everytime he got it in the second half his lofted balls went to them everytime.

Fellaini is looking quality, all we need now is defour to go in there with him :)

Jagielka was immense today, future Everton legend you heard it off me first ;)

cant go on about every player but second half we were crap, moyes nearlly lost us the game with subs, everyone said Pienaar played shit but I think his workrate goes unnoticed.

did I go to a differant game today, his pass completion must have been shit because everytime he got it in the second half his lofted balls went to them everytime.

Fellaini is looking quality, all we need now is defour to go in there with him :)

Jagielka was immense today, future Everton legend you heard it off me first ;)

cant go on about every player but second half we were crap, moyes nearlly lost us the game with subs, everyone said Pienaar played shit but I think his workrate goes unnoticed.

Read the post above yours!.......NOT everyone!

dont try and be like that, you know what i mean, he took are best 2 midfielders of the match off but we won and no one will talk about that.

But surely it was better to take those player off and push for the win which we eventually got??

I agree he should have left Fellani on cos he was a threat from crosses but more than happy with the bringing on a match winner.

Not a good performance from the lads today and I am still completely oblivious to what Moyes was thinking when he brought Mo & Peanuts off during the second half, the two best players on the field (along with Jagielka)

The first half started well and went as I predicted, making some chances towards the start but letting Fulham get into the game too much. They never looked like scoring but we do need to sort this out for when we played opposition of a high-standard.

Some good and bad from the game, some I listen below;

(+) Won

(+) Pienaar, Fellaini, Neville, Saha, Jagielka standing out as great players of the day

(+) Kept Andy Johnson quiet

(+) Kept a clean sheet

(+) Howard scoring (even if dissalowed was still awesome)

(+) Chips & Curry from Goodison Supper Bar were better than usual B)

(-) Should have been 3-0/4-0

(-) Too worrying at times

(-) They hit the bar too many times

(-) No long shots, too much passing around goal. Someone should get thier body behind it

(-) Fellaini Off, Pienaar Off, Seriously what was that about

(-) Good performance from Yakubu, but needs to do more

All in all, we cant moan much as we got the three points. But a lot of room for improvement, dosen't full people with confidence going into the West Ham game. Please that Andy Johnson came over to the fans though - still a great man.

I thought we played really well in patches, with some good movement off the ball and fullbacks linking in with the attack. Thought Pienaar and Neville worked particularly well today.

Similar to the Bolton game in some ways. Some nice stuff and then the final ball letting us down.

Fellaini was very very good (didn't understand why he was subbed), but mom for me was Neville or Jags.