IGNORED

Nugent

This just shows how much we are clutching at straws. It was the best thing that he went to Portsmouth because I knew that he would do nothing in the Premiership and he hasn't. He's done really poor and will fancy a move back to a club that needs him. I don't think that we fit the bill as needing him yet. We have Saha and Anichbe and could cope with those two for a few games until James Vaughan comes back. In my opinion this transfer does not need to happen. Nugent isn't what we are looking for. If we had the cash we would be after Vagner Love but we just haven't. The best possible transfer of the ones we are looking for is getting Owen (Newcastle won't want him to go on a free) or Larsson.

Yay....come on Nugent!

Always been a fan so I am pleased at this in a strange we are scraping the barrel kind of way. :)

I'm with EW on this one, I think that a loan move could prove good for him due to lack of chances at Portsmouth, maybe we could see the best of him if he came to us.

at first i said yes to a loan, now thinking about it its still a no from me unless we really are desperate or we get rejectedby every fucker again.

Just think harry redknapp and tony adams see him everyday in training yet he still fails to impress, he must look absolutly shit with a prem team, i cant remember the last time i saw him play. defo a no.

at first i said yes to a loan, now thinking about it its still a no from me unless we really are desperate or we get rejectedby every fucker again.

Just think harry redknapp and tony adams see him everyday in training yet he still fails to impress, he must look absolutly shit with a prem team, i cant remember the last time i saw him play. defo a no.

Plus we play 4-5-1, to have Nugent leading us at the front would be embarrasing tbh. If he comes in along with another striker fair enough, if he's there to shore up the numbers since anichebe and saha will probably both struggle with fitness this season then fine, but if this is our main replacement striker then I'll be more than disappointed.

Good news for everyone except EW

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_4612138,00.html

Portsmouth striker David Nugent insists reports linking him with a move to Everton are nothing more than paper talk.

David Moyes' outfit have been linked with the former Preston ace following injuries to front men Aiyegbeni Yakubu and James Vaughan.

However, Nugent, who is nearing full fitness after an injury-hit campaign, is concentrating on getting into Tony Adams' side rather than a January switch to Goodison Park.

The one-cap England striker knows Pompey fans have not seen the best of him and he is keen to show them his best before even contemplating moving on.

"It's all rumours. What's been in the papers is all I've seen. I've not heard anything from my agent or Everton," he told Sky Sports News.

"I'm a Pompey player and I'm here for the future as well. I've been out injured for most of the season so I've still got to get match fit and hopefully push for a starting place.

"It's not happening at the moment as I've been on the bench for the past three games. If something happens now I'm there and ready to make an impact.

"I've not proved a point yet. I need to show the manager and the fans what I can do."

not a fan at all but maybe he'll do a jags? he never stood out massively at sheff utd but now playin for his boyhood club seems to make him better? stubbsy the same was great for us shit for sunderland then great for us again

still think hes a shithouse though :lol:

biggest peice of bullshit ive heard for a while, jags was voted player of the season at sheff utd i think twice? was defo voted it i know that.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest efctaxi

Hasn't he snubbed us once before whilst at Preston ?

He's also had hernia problems , and I think having been contaminated by the Portsmouth way , he isn't our best option by a mile .

Defoe on the other hand .... :)

@ the moment there is not much out there unless we pay 15 to 20 million which we don't have. he could be a good signing he is english he has played in in the prem not much but has played. if you buy a player from abroad it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get up to standard we need someone to come in and fit in straight away.

I would rather see Leroy Lita at Everton than David Nugent. David hasn't set the Premiership alight since joining Portsmouth and all that talent he used when playing for Preston North End has probably worn away. Portsmouth have broken his chances of a top club for the minute. If he comes to us he will need to earn his place quickly, we dont want him to be finding his form after ten games or so when Saha's fully fit. If we did sign him I think it would only be until the end of the season, I wouldent want him here as baggage like he is for Portsmouth.

I really dont see him making much differance to the team. He seemed a nice guy when he was at Preston, but as for footballing skills. He's just not good enough - Leroy Lita would be a lot better.