IGNORED

Benitez On Ferguson

"I want to talk about facts, I want to be clear, I do not want to play mind games too early, although they seem to want to start."

"During the Respect campaign - and this is a fact - Mr Ferguson was charged by the FA for improper conduct after comments made about Martin Atkinson and Keith Hackett."

"He was not punished. He is the only manager in the league that cannot be punished for these things."

"How can you talk about the Respect campaign and yet criticise the referee every single week?"

"We know what happens every time we go to Old Trafford and the United staff. They are always going man-to-man with the referees, especially at half-time when they walk close to the referees and they are talking and talking."

"All managers need to know is that only Mr Ferguson can talk about the fixtures, can talk about referees - and nothing happens."

"We need to know that I am talking about facts, not my impression. There are things that everyone can see every single week."

"To complain and to always have an advantage is not fair."

"Two years ago we had a lot of early kick-offs away on Saturdays when United were playing on Sundays. And we didn't say anything,"

"Now he is complaining about everything, that everybody is against United. But the second half of the season will see them playing at home against all the teams at the top of the table, it is a fantastic advantage."

"At Christmas, United played on the 29th and the rest of the teams played on the 28th. We were away against Newcastle two days after playing Bolton. They were playing about 40 hours later, but they were not complaining then."

"If he wants to talk about fixtures, and have a level playing field, there are two options if we don't want more problems with fixtures."

"One is the same as in Spain, the draw for the first part of the league is known, everyone knows which weekend. In the second half everyone plays the opposite, so you all know."

"Sky and Setanta have the right to choose their games and it will be the same for everyone. So Mr Ferguson will not be complaining about fixtures and a campaign against United."

"Or there is another option. That Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple."

Fair points but a bit of a Keegan, "I'd love it if we beat them" moment?

Obviously Fergusons mind games are working :lol:

Maybe Moyes should try some ahead of our double header next week......things like how can an a striker starved, skint team beat the table topping, mega spending luckypool captained by the best player in the world?

Rafa, you just cant lose next week.....can you!

Obviously Fergusons mind games are working :lol:

Maybe Moyes should try some ahead of our double header next week......things like how can an a striker starved, skint team beat the table topping, mega spending luckypool captained by the best player in the world?

Rafa, you just cant lose next week.....can you!

Mind games? Did he f*ck expect this. Absolutely loving it! They can't say the pressure is getting to us because it's us that are top of the league.

Even a few Mancs I know had to admit that this was absolute "pwnage". The refs are going to be more careful in the Chelsea game now. It was a really clever tactic.

And Keegan moment? Keegan was almost in tears in his rant (Although I love his passion). Rafa looks composed and he was prepared with that statement so not at all.

Rafa looks composed....

Benitez' composure is skin deep, he always appears to be on the verge of tears when he thinks thinks are going against him...he has to work hard to look composed....which means he ain't composed at all.

He has a point but he should never go head to head with Ferguson, only ever going to be one winner.

Poll backs Benitez

Former Premier League referee Graham Poll has backed Rafael Benitez's claim that Sir Alex Ferguson receives lenient treatment from the Football Association. Liverpool manager Benitez blasted his Manchester United counterpart on Friday, alleging Ferguson does not get punished sufficiently for his sometimes outspoken criticism of match officials.

More

^Nothing new there then <_<

As much as i hate Benitez he does hit the nail on the head on most points. He pretty much covered alot of things that i had though of in the past when Furguson whines about fixture times and congestion then ships his team of to Asia for a piss pot trophy for an extra few quid.

In terms of mindgames they can play them all they want with eachother as long as the two dont win the league it doesnt really bother me. Im sure the only winner in the debate will be Chelsea in the long run as this just adds abit of pressure to both teams.

Benitez' composure is skin deep, he always appears to be on the verge of tears when he thinks thinks are going against him...he has to work hard to look composed....which means he ain't composed at all.

He has a point but he should never go head to head with Ferguson, only ever going to be one winner.

Because of what happened to Wenger, Mourinho and Keegan, right?

Rafa is a different beast to all three of these. He has a degree of sports psychology so knows what he's doing. Accordign to the Post he was preparing this for 3 months. Panic? I doubt it.

The pressure is all on the Mancs and they know it. It's us on top, not them.

Not remotely. Because of my personal opinion on the relative psychological strengths of the two men. Wenger and Mourinho were/are most certainly strong enough to cope with him. Keegan and Benitez aren't (IMO).

Accordign to the Post he was preparing this for 3 months...

Sounds like a classic case of OCD to me :) .

Rafa is a different beast to all three of these. He has a degree of sports psychology so knows what he's doing. Accordign to the Post he was preparing this for 3 months. Panic? I doubt it.

The pressure is all on the Mancs and they know it. It's us on top, not them.

All the pressure was on you'se today, hence why you couldnt beat stoke AGAIN. liverpool are showing cracks now.

Not remotely. Because of my personal opinion on the relative psychological strengths of the two men. Wenger and Mourinho were/are most certainly strong enough to cope with him. Keegan and Benitez aren't (IMO).

Sounds like a classic case of OCD to me :) .

I have OCD :(

And I still think the pressure is on the Mancs. They haven't won their games in hand yet. A bad result today and they are back to where they were.

That's not to say we weren't woeful yesterday. It was a typically frustrating Liverpool performance. I had a feeling we'd drop points here when I looked at the fixtures weeks ago though. Rafa's talk had nout to do with it.

And I still think the pressure is on the Mancs. They haven't won their games in hand yet. A bad result today and they are back to where they were.

That's not to say we weren't woeful yesterday. It was a typically frustrating Liverpool performance. I had a feeling we'd drop points here when I looked at the fixtures weeks ago though. Rafa's talk had nout to do with it.

I have it too, I think Mike should be banned for such a disrespectful comment :P

NAH....his rant had nothing to do with dropping points.......apparently, the reason for not winning at Stoke,according to a red forum was, I should have said reasons.......

1.The long throw isn't fair.

2.Using a towl to dry the ball before "the long throw" isn't fair!

3.It was very cold yesterday.

4.Gerrards court case is on his mind......wasn't against Preston :huh:

5.Rafa is a prick!

6.Rafa picked the wrong team.

7.Injuries.....wtf!

8.Stoke are too physical.

9.The ref wasn't fair to luckypool.

10.This was a good one..............We didn't get any luck :lol:

But to be honest red......some were blaming rafa for ranting and putting the pressure on the team!

One or two even came up with the sad excuse that Stoke played well and could have won......they were immediatly removed from the forum!

My rare visit to the dark side left me in no doubt why you visit the wonderful Blues!

"You've got to cut through the venom of it."

"Hopefully he'll reflect and understand what he was saying was ridiculous."

"I think he was an angry man and was disturbed, and that's all I want to say about it."

"At this moment I just want to concentrate on chasing the leaders who are Liverpool."

i watched friday nite on sky the fat spanish waiters comments then found it rather amusing that shortly after wards sky then showed the idiot actually whining about the same things 2 years ago how hard they had it after a european game and then talk about players surrounding the refs did he forget about the mascerano who just wouldnt give up and got sent off last year also is his captain not the one who cant keep away from refs in a game its just a case of the kettle calling the pot grimey arse to me have people forgot when they dont win a game he come out with all the excuses under the sun and berates other teams in the premier himself

to come into this country and call the neigbouring team as a small club is an insult but nothing more than i expect from an arrogant shitbag ive got a feeling hes gonna eat his words come may mr ferguson may see to it when he lifts the prem trophy up

NAH....his rant had nothing to do with dropping points.......apparently, the reason for not winning at Stoke,according to a red forum was, I should have said reasons.......

1.The long throw isn't fair.

2.Using a towl to dry the ball before "the long throw" isn't fair!

3.It was very cold yesterday.

4.Gerrards court case is on his mind......wasn't against Preston :huh:

5.Rafa is a prick!

6.Rafa picked the wrong team.

7.Injuries.....wtf!

8.Stoke are too physical.

9.The ref wasn't fair to luckypool.

10.This was a good one..............We didn't get any luck :lol:

But to be honest red......some were blaming rafa for ranting and putting the pressure on the team!

One or two even came up with the sad excuse that Stoke played well and could have won......they were immediatly removed from the forum!

My rare visit to the dark side left me in no doubt why you visit the wonderful Blues!

God, you went on RAWK didn't you....

TIA is where its at. B)

^^^ No I really dont think it was called RAWK :huh: ^^^....or TIA !

Other than looking at the rafa rant thread........I obviously checked out the game against Everton section!

A lot of posters seem to think you will win.......After all that is some team you have on paper, WOW! just how much did it cost to put together :o No wonder you are top of the table!

They seem very happy about Fellaini, and not too bothered about us not having any strikers, must admit things don't look too good for us.

So there you have it an easy 3 points for you.....even a draw would be a disaster :)

If we lose, we will move on and still qualify for europe......maybe even kick your ass in the cup!

If you lose..........Rafa out.... :lol: There will be no end to the people the reds hate...Fergie, Americans, Moyes.........Blue 250 ;)

Other than looking at the rafa rant thread........I obviously checked out the game against Everton section!

A lot of posters seem to think you will win.......After all that is some team you have on paper, WOW! just how much did it cost to put together :o No wonder you are top of the table!

They seem very happy about Fellaini, and not too bothered about us not having any strikers, must admit things don't look too good for us.

So there you have it an easy 3 points for you.....even a draw would be a disaster :)

If we lose, we will move on and still qualify for europe......maybe even kick your ass in the cup!

If you lose..........Rafa out.... :lol: There will be no end to the people the reds hate...Fergie, Americans, Moyes.........Blue 250 ;)

Sorry. Abbreviations ;)

RAWK is Red and White Kop and is by far the biggest Liverpool fansite.

TIA is This Is Anfield and the one I post on. It's a smaller forum but just as well known.

There's a few other decent ones: Boot Room, On The Kop. Then there's the main LFC forums which are just terrible because every numbskull heads there.

Sorry. Abbreviations ;)

RAWK is Red and White Kop and is by far the biggest Liverpool fansite.

TIA is This Is Anfield and the one I post on. It's a smaller forum but just as well known.

There's a few other decent ones: Boot Room, On The Kop. Then there's the main LFC forums which are just terrible because every numbskull heads there.

YEP!........The one where all the numbskulls go!......That's where I went :angry:

Funny really.......felt quite at home there :huh:

Can you not send that little speach to Moysie..... id love it if he came out with some pressure adding comments like that....

ID LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM

Guest efctaxi
i watched friday nite on sky the fat spanish waiters comments then found it rather amusing that shortly after wards sky then showed the idiot actually whining about the same things 2 years ago how hard they had it after a european game and then talk about players surrounding the refs did he forget about the mascerano who just wouldnt give up and got sent off last year also is his captain not the one who cant keep away from refs in a game its just a case of the kettle calling the pot grimey arse to me have people forgot when they dont win a game he come out with all the excuses under the sun and berates other teams in the premier himself

to come into this country and call the neigbouring team as a small club is an insult but nothing more than i expect from an arrogant shitbag ive got a feeling hes gonna eat his words come may mr ferguson may see to it when he lifts the prem trophy up

:huh: I tried to read it , but fainted half way through :lol:

......berates other teams in the premier himself to come into this country and call the neigbouring team as a small club is an insult

Except he didnt.

---------

I just dont know what Rafa said wrong the other day. It was spot on.

Also, the Mancs dont need extra motivation to win the league. They're the champions with a fantastic, experienced side who've won a lot and a manager who knows what he's doing. Dont think Rafa's speech adds anything to their game, if anything it makes the ref 'notice' things that they otherwise failed to. I dont think it will but if Rafa's 'rant' makes the Mancs get one less decision from the ref's than what they otherwise would have, i'm happy.

Mascherano was brought into the picture because its a fact. Even against Chelsea, Rooney didnt get booked for dissent when he was having wild goes at the ref many times. You see players get booked for taking free kicks early and celebrating an important goal a little extra but stuff like these from the Mancs goes unnoticed, unsurprisingly by the media too who are just scared of Ferguson not wanting to talk to them anymore.