IGNORED

Arsenal

MikeO

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes on the OS:

"Tim doesn't look bad," said the manager. "I think he's just taken a kick on his foot. He was fatigued anyway so it was right that we took him off."

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats good news at least , pity about dropping 2 points today , havent seen the highlights yet , waiting on everton tv

Moyes on the OS:

"Tim doesn't look bad," said the manager. "I think he's just taken a kick on his foot. He was fatigued anyway so it was right that we took him off."

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got hospital in the morning and I needed my mind to be put to rest before I tried to sleep, thanks for that CT. Just hope he's up to it for Saturday :D

horrible ending to a very good second half..

first half was one of the worst first halfs of football we've played this season. picked it up very well in second half. cahill was awesome, so was the duo of lescott jagielka. fellaini worked harder than usual and finally managed to keep it up for a full 90 minutes.

deserved to win, i don't know if howard could have done something better to stop van persie's shot (it was probably hit too hard, but still .. initially i thought that a striker should never be able to score from that angle).

maybe missed our last chance at getting into the top5 .. we needed three with ManU waiting.

you take a draw before the game, but then that happens and you feel gutted. what was going on, we were passing it and they were hoofing it! RVP was the one player who was trying for arsenal last night and he's well capable of scoring ridiculous goals like that.

on a side note, ANICHEBE! If he's not willing to run into the back of defenders rather than just letting them pass to each other and then diaby, we should have ran it to the corner, yeah, but when they had it on the halfway line he still could have rushed them into making a mistake.

i think djouro (spell) stamped on cahills foot thats why he went off, i hope so anyway, what happened off the ball between cahill and gallas btw i missed it and then i saw him holding his arm.

Our lack of composure on the ball cost us in a game we more than deserved to win :(. That was a performance I could be proud of, unlike the last game against the shite. Hopefully that performance will be what we'll be serving up in our next few games, we're going to need it.

Howard - Possibly could have done better for their goal but he was solid when called upon otherwise.

Hibbert - I thought Hibbo had an excellent game tbh. Still backs off too much when players run at him though. Maybe he could have prevented RVP scoring with better positioning but the same can be said for Jags tbh.

Jagielka - Like above, he could have done better for their goal but he was solid for the most part. Had Adebayor in his arse pocket.

Lescott - Back to his best. It's that simple.

Baines - He is making the LB position his own right now. Excellent cross for Cahill's goal and he defended well again.

Osman - He just did not get into the game at all for me and was very sloppy. He's been like this for weeks now.

Arteta - Very, very quiet. Didn't impose himself on the game at all, he didn't even try and do Arsenal any damage. Hopefully it was just because he hasn't fully recovered from his injury.

Fellaini - I thought he had a very good game. He broke up play a lot, started off quite a few of our attacks and was alone in showing any sort of composure on the ball. Though, after the knock he took he went quiet.

Neville - His work mostly goes unnoticed but he was another one who had an excellent game IMO. He leads by example just like a captain should.

Pienaar - Fucked up at the end with that "pass" but apart from that he was the hardest working player on the pitch. Always available for the ball, always tracking back, always getting forward to support Timmy. If not for that pass he'd be getting a lot of MOTM votes.

Cahill - He is just immense. He must be fucking knackered after every game the amount of effort he puts in. He epitomises everything about Everton and I fucking love him. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad because if there is one player that we need, it's Tim Cahill.

good news about cahill and i wouldn't have taken a draw personally i mean arsenal aren't the team they were a few years ago and without fabregas especially! i mean still a decent side dont get me wrong but always felt we could have won and was gutted that we lost the 2 points but oh well shows how far we've come i suppose! dont think howard can be blame to be fair though was just an awesome goal by their only player!

We should have won and we didn't.

I'm not sure but i think defense forgot about Van Persie, and we lost the ball to easy a couple of times in last 5 minutes.

Apart from that, I really enjoyed the game, watching it made me confident that with a full strength we can get far this and next season

hibbert was out of position for their goal by like 20 meters

No, Hibbert was where he should be and Jags was quite tight on Van Persie when Diaby launched the pass - Van Persie just reacted faster than Jgas did (and I do not blame Jags either). For me their goal was a lucky pass and a great player taking advantage of that luck.

Where I think we screwed up was that corner routine in the 90th minute. You know there's going to be at least 3 minutes added on, and you cannot waste more than 15 - 20 seconmds doing what Arteta and Pienaar tried. So why not throw in a cross? May have caught their defence sleeping as they hardly expected us to cross the ball, and Mo-Fro was near the front stick not very tightly marked.

“I have seen something that has underlined what I have always felt, “Everton are as big a threat to us as Aston Villa.

“Everton are a very good side, and they are our rivals for a top four place just as much as Villa."

“They play with a fantastic spirit, and in Tim Cahill they have a player who is very intelligent, he always knows where to be. That is something that is hard to teach, but he always seems to be in the right place.”