IGNORED

Recommendations

dark

recommended these the other day: http://www.myspace.com/thewhiphand

they're playing in town on 12th March.

found their older stuff as well, changed name from Ji: http://www.myspace.com/jiworld

bit heavier on the old one.

good stuff.

listening to Hundred Reasons again today. first two albums are great, have to catch up with the newer stuff.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch My Name Is Earl? Quality program based around the life of Earl Hickey.

Todays Episode/Repeat

With Randy's birthday coming up, Earl gets him a new car. But the car is stolen before Earl can even present it to Randy. Apparently this means that Earl no longer falls under the code of criminals, which states that no thief can steal from another. Now that Earl is treated as a `civilian', he needs to decide whether to take the matter of the theft of Randy's birthday present to the police, or become a snitch.

Channel 4

Quit Your Snitchin'

The Veronicas

The Veronicas is a band consisting of identical twin sisters Jessica Louise Origliasso and Lisa Marie Origliasso (born December 25, 1984 in Brisbane, Australia). The Veronicas currently live in Los Angeles, California, United States.

The Veronicas dislike being called a female duo. “We like being called a band or group. We don’t want to be a pop duo group with two girls singing about relationships, we have everything that a rock band would have, so we are a band,” says Lisa

15482217.jpg

Sounds Like: Skye Sweetnam, Kelly Clarkson

Albums: The Secret Life Of..., Hook Me Up

Last.FM http://www.last.fm/music/The+Veronicas

Guest efctaxi
I've done it with Twins. <_<

My better half is a twin .

If I ever hear her say Bill in her sleep , you're dead :lol:

My 13 year old daughter looks older than those girls . I can see the site being shut down and the mods going to jail lol :P

My better half is a twin .

If I ever hear her say Bill in her sleep , you're dead :lol:

My 13 year old daughter looks older than those girls . I can see the site being shut down and the mods going to jail lol :P

Is she German. ??

they look a bit older in this pic ..

veronica_twins_mtv_avma_25__x87G3jW.jpg

I have recommended it a few times before but The Wire is one of the greatest most intelligent television series to have graced the small screen. Its a police drama set in Baltimore, it is incrdibly detailed and amazingly wirtten. Its slow to start with it but after 4 episodes you will be hooked. There are two types of people in the world, those that love the wire and those that have not seen it yet.

Its brilliant and must be seen by all.

I have recommended it a few times before but The Wire is one of the greatest most intelligent television series to have graced the small screen. Its a police drama set in Baltimore, it is incrdibly detailed and amazingly wirtten. Its slow to start with it but after 4 episodes you will be hooked. There are two types of people in the world, those that love the wire and those that have not seen it yet.

I wasn't into this song at first but after a few listens it grew on me. It's Kevin Rudolf's first single 'Let It Rock' featuring Lil Wayne. It's quite a cool video and a song which I'm liking now, its being doing well in the UK charts as well as inthe U.S. and Canada, the song reached #5 on the Billboard Hot 100, number #5 on the Pop 100 and #2 on the Canadian Hot 100. The first week, the song debuted at number 45 on the Australian Singles Chart and reached number 10. In the UK, the song climbed to number forty on physical release but due to an increase in airplay, due to BBC Radio 1 adding it to their A-list, the song climbed thirty places to number 10 in the songs second week on the chart; then it rose to number 5 the following week. :)

Red Dwarf, return to Earth, not Sammy Lee going back to Analfield but the real thing, one of the funniest shows ever and its on again next week, two final episodes linking the return of RD to home base

http://dave.uktv.co.uk/shows/sitcom/red-dw...CFQMEZgodslscmQ

It has to be a must for all Dwarfers

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I had a look at Esser on Last.FM and it seems that he has no tracks to display. I'm going to try and have a look on YouTube now. All I could get was this, his band description. I'm not a big fan of the Kaiser Cheifs but I've put them back on my Ipod, I needed something new and they seem to have been underplayed in recent times. Maybe its time to have some of their tunes coming out of my speaker.

I've always liked their classics - I Predict A Riot, Oh My God, Ruby

'Esser is a person not a band. I use a computer machine and some instruments to make popular songs. Most of my songs are in the key of E. When I was fairly young I managed to wear two ties to school. One on top and one underneath my shirt. But look at me now!'

Wrong Esser, they are defo a band, if you have msn dark send me it in a pm and i'll send you some of their songs.

Thanks for that mate. I'll look foreward to hearing them :)

And I'm having a route through my old music and found Evanescence. A good band that I haven't listened to at all recently when I really should have. I was a bit of a small time fan when they released their first album. I heard the single 'Bring Me To Life' on Kerrang and loved it (even though my parents didnt) and have kinda' followed them ever since. They have had some dramatic line-up changes but their music is still as good as ever. I'm going through all the songs now on my Ipod. Brings back some good memories.

They have two albums out entitled Fallen & The Open Door. These were released in 2003 & 2006. The gap after 2006 was due to line-up changes within the band. Some members quit halfway through the tour leading the band to go on a haitus (sp) so another album is questionable. Some songs are below for those that want a listen.

Going Under/Bring Me To Life/My Immortal/Call Me When Your Sober

Thanks for that mate. I'll look foreward to hearing them :)

And I'm having a route through my old music and found Evanescence. A good band that I haven't listened to at all recently when I really should have. I was a bit of a small time fan when they released their first album. I heard the single 'Bring Me To Life' on Kerrang and loved it (even though my parents didnt) and have kinda' followed them ever since. They have had some dramatic line-up changes but their music is still as good as ever. I'm going through all the songs now on my Ipod. Brings back some good memories.

They have two albums out entitled Fallen & The Open Door. These were released in 2003 & 2006. The gap after 2006 was due to line-up changes within the band. Some members quit halfway through the tour leading the band to go on a haitus (sp) so another album is questionable. Some songs are below for those that want a listen.

Going Under/Bring Me To Life/My Immortal/Call Me When Your Sober

That's a recommendation I will wholeheartedly second. Going Under is easily my favorite of theirs - one of those songs that every so often I just have to stop and listen to, but that whole first album is strong pretty much from top to bottom; I can't think of a bad song in the bunch. I wasn't as enamored of the second album, but it still had its moments. It's too bad that Lee and Moody fell out - I think that more than anything was what really did them in.

I would recommend another band to the people on this forum - Porcupine Tree

I've just bought tickets to go and watch them live in Bristol (October 10th) and think that the people on this forum might like them as much as I do. It started off with Steven Wilson having a bit of fun, recording some music and writing a story about this fictional band that he had, when people heard this music it seemed good enough to be taken seriously. Steven started to make his band a reality and has released many successful albums in the bands career with the latest one coming out this year.

For albums check out Deadwing & Fear Of A Blank Planet.

The singer isn't a big fan of Ipods either, he's posted a few videos on YouTube of his mission to rid the world of them, Ipod Destruction. Here is one of the five for you to see where he blowtorches the piece of kit to smitherines.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another recommendation I think. I've been getting into the new Starsailor stuff and it's really really good. They have just released their latest album and I have to say that I can't stop listening to it. Fantastic material from a band that come from down the road in Wigan. As of 2006, they have had four charting albums and ten Top 40 singles in the UK since 2001.

Discography:

2001: Love Is Here

2003: Silence Is Easy

2005: On The Outside

2009: All The Plans

• 4 weeks later...

Bloody hell. Has anyone heard the new Prodigy album? It was released a few months ago and I have to say that I'm really into listening to it. Songs like 'Invaders Must Die' and 'Omen' will go down in the bands history, along with their old hit Firestarter. I'd highly recommend to anyone to be honest. It's a break from the rock music that I usually listen to. A breath of fresh air B)

Also has anyone heard the new Metallica album - Death Magnetic? I'm gonna get it soon and was wondering people's opinions on it. Well worth the press that it's getting from the reviewers?

Im mostly listening norwegian black metal(yeah the burning church staff) and its bit too extreme to recommend any1 who aint liking metal, but when you wanna chill out and if you like even a bit of reggae, i would recoomend you very good and young songmaker Mishka. I dont know how well known he is in England or Britain, but heres example of him anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvUpWCognck

MMmmmm...Came on to check the recommendations!

You know a bit of easy listening, maybe a good film or something!

Came across things like "invaders must die"....."Smack my bitch up"....."burning church"....."Death magntic" :o

Come on lads, why all the hate?

When I was your age, ABBA, Brotherhood of man and Bucks Fizz, were singing about Love, peace and yellow ribbons around trees!!

It's not hate its just people expressing their opinions. In these times there are a lot of problems in the world. For me its good that people sing about the bad stuff as well as the good to remind us that its there. Nothing wrong with someone signing about the negative, it usually helps me get over things.

Death Magnetic Meaning

The meaning behind the name of this album is obviously being pulled to death. It started when the Metallica frontman thought about the people in the music buisness that had died. He then looked further into it and realised that all of us are pulled towards death. Some of us want to push it away but its still there. No-one can escape from it and its about dealing with that magnetic pull that death has.

Invaders Must Die Meaning

I think that the opening of this album is paranoia. The first track is about a guy who's 'invaders' are invading his mind and taking over. He wants nothing more than to see them leave. See them die. Invaders Must Die. The next song Omen is more of the same, he wants to turn away from the bad things in his lift but its always there. 'The writings on the wall, it won't go away' Pretty based around people being paranoid IMO.