IGNORED

England.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, im fully behind supporting my country (unlike the kopites who seem to think they are now spanish...) but ffs we are awful. We actually are the most over rated team to ever grace the international pitch imo, the team do not try hard enough like they do for clubs, lampard, gerrard and terry being the main culprets imo. The 6 nations rugby game today, the national anthems where being absolutly screamed out by the squads, and i mean they gave it beans! The footballers? most mime, others dont sing at all then you get one who sings along quitetly. No pride at all.

Capello - drop these people who will not try, call up players who will give it there all to win on the international level and get some pride back in english football.

Guest efctaxi
On another note, im fully behind supporting my country (unlike the kopites who seem to think they are now spanish...) but ffs we are awful. We actually are the most over rated team to ever grace the international pitch imo, the team do not try hard enough like they do for clubs, lampard, gerrard and terry being the main culprets imo. The 6 nations rugby game today, the national anthems where being absolutly screamed out by the squads, and i mean they gave it beans! The footballers? most mime, others dont sing at all then you get one who sings along quitetly. No pride at all.

Capello - drop these people who will not try, call up players who will give it there all to win on the international level and get some pride back in english football.

Goal : Ozzie Osbourne

Defence : Robbie Williams , Liam Gallagher , Mick Jagger , Paul Weller .

Midfield : Gary Barlow , Johnny Rotten , Rick Astley , James Blunt

Up front : Craig David , Adam Ant

That should do it :lmaosmiley:

Pah, England should get their own anthem. Even if I was English I wouldn't belt out the British anthem for England.

And nobody cares for the England football team because of the way they treat and respect the Liverpool players (not at all).

Carra's interview couldn't have said it better. I'm not originally Scottish but I get more peed off with the England team by the day. The way SSN dressed round their loss was ridiculous. The big news was Beck's 108th cap, not that they'd lost.

Guest efctaxi
Pah, England should get their own anthem. Even if I was English I wouldn't belt out the British anthem for England.

And nobody cares for the England football team because of the way they treat and respect the Liverpool players (not at all).

Carra's interview couldn't have said it better. I'm not originally Scottish but I get more peed off with the England team by the day. The way SSN dressed round their loss was ridiculous. The big news was Beck's 108th cap, not that they'd lost.

Becks has probably brought more publicity to both the England team and the prem than Everton and Liverpool put together .

Good on the lad :)

Edited by efctaxi

Bollocks. Liverpool players get the same as everyone. Why would a e.g. southend fan not care for England becuase they asked Gerrard to come for a scan to make sure Rafa wasnt just keeping Gerrard back for liverpools sake. People dont care for england anymore as the players dont, the FA are idiots and we are extremely over-rated.

• 2 weeks later...
Bollocks. Liverpool players get the same as everyone. Why would a e.g. southend fan not care for England becuase they asked Gerrard to come for a scan to make sure Rafa wasnt just keeping Gerrard back for liverpools sake. People dont care for england anymore as the players dont, the FA are idiots and we are extremely over-rated.

Coulden't agree more mate - We've got a game soon against Slovakia (and then Ukraine) what does everyone think?

For me:

Slovakia, 2-0 win

Ukraine, 1-0 win

Whether that will happen is a differant question altogether. :mellow:

Guest efctaxi

Talking of shirts , what's the reason International shirts have no sponsorship ?

They could earn a few quid , and plough it into the lower league facilities etc .

I don't know the reason. England are sponsored by Nationwide, and that is on the shirt for all the training that goes on. If you buy a replica coat/jacket or something like that then I'm sure it will have Nationwide on it somewhere. They use that space to fill in the match details nowadays anyways. The thing about donating to the smaller clubs seems like a good idea - if it was done right, knowing the FA they would make a rule or find a way to make it all go tits up.

England jacket showing the Nationwide Logo

• 2 weeks later...

Playing the role of 'Smithy' from Gavin and Stacey the charismatic handyman quickly takes the opportunity to deliver a unique team talk in order to inspire the players. John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, David Beckham, David James, Peter Crouch, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard and Michael Carrick all benefit from Smithy’s wisdom. The hilarious seven-minute sketch was filmed in the build-up to England's game against Spain last month. Despite only having 48 hours together to train as a squad, the players were all keen to do what they could to support Comic Relief - squeezing in the filming session just before they flew to Seville.

I fully recommend the watch - hilarious :lol: :lol:

Stuart Pearce has named his U21 squad for the games against Norway and France

Pearce has selected Jack Rodwell, for the first time, Danny Welbeck and Kieran Gibbs, but the trio will meet up for a shorter period, due to games with other England teams.

Rodwell and Welbeck are in the U19s squad for their game against Czech Republic at Walsall on 25 March and will meet up when the Under-21s return from Norway. Meanwhile, Gibbs will make the trip to Sandefjord, but will then meet up with the U20s as they take on Italy at QPR on the same night as Pearce's men entertain France.

>More<

Baines, Jags and Lescott get the call:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12098_5087079,00.html

Fair play all 3 deserve it and how great would it be to have them at the back on the international level, if nothing else but to show the rest of the world what a great set of defenders they are. With Johnson at RB, it would make quite an impassable defence. Screw Ferdinand and Terry and Cole, their time is going. Jags and the boys are the future.

Always nervous when we get players called up for any international squad. Nice for the players to get the recognition, but we just cant take any more injuries otherwise jimmy the kitman will be lacing up his boots and playing alongside Moyes himself.

ATB

Mac

Fabio Capello has named a 24-man squad for the upcoming double-header that sees England take on Slovakia in a friendly before facing game five of their World Cup qualification against Ukraine.Tottenham Hotspur defender Ledley King is recalled while Leighton Baines and Ben Foster are included along with West Ham United forward Carlton Cole who made his England debut last month in Seville.

Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard return to the squad having missed the first match of 2009 through injury, while Aaron Lennon moves from the Under-21s into the Seniors for the first time under Capello/ As people have been saying Leighton, Joleon and Phil are in the squad.

Full Squad

Ben Foster has set his sights on becoming Manchester United and England No.1 after being called up to The Three Lions squad for the friendly with Slovakia and the World Cup qualifier against Ukraine.

The 25-year-old was a surprise inclusion but Fabio Capello was hugely impressed by his match-winning performance in the League Cup Final. And Foster admits the call-up was a shock but says he aims to show the Italian what he can do by ousting Edwin Van der Sar at Old Trafford.

Read On

Edited by dark

A win but a dull game

The first half started rather brightly. The passing that was displayed was something to be admired and it could easily be a 3-0 scoreline at the moment. A bit more from Gerrard's shots and just a little bit of luck from Wayne Rooney could see us with the game in the bag. I can't see Slovakia doing much against us and scoring. It's all but won for now, another goal would seal it.

What does everyone think of the retro kit anyways?

What do people think of the new England kit? I like it. Very retro.

I'm hoping for our defensive unit to get a bit of a run out in the second half, would be great to see Baines on the pitch. He has deserved it with his recent performances

Have you seen the price of it :o

Just had a look on the Umbro site.

£50 for short-sleeved

£55 for long.

Always a stupid price when they first come out. I always wait for a tournament to start and then you can pick them up for a decent price. Last World Cup Asda sold the shirts for a very reasonable price if I remember. I think I might get this one for the next world cup though. I am liking it more and more, I can see alot of people not liking it though!

At first it was like WTF...but its really really nice now and I'm definatly going to be getting the goalkeepers one when I can. I do hope that the prices come down because paying that kinda' money seems stupid. I'll just wait until they start being sensible :)

Their coming back onto the field by the way.

COYE?

Downing, Beckham and Foster on at half-time. Cole and Crouch came on in the first half. Only one substitution left.

Fuck :angry: .

Wanted Foster and Beckham to come on, I just can't see why Downing is there. So bloody over-rated

Who's been taken off Mike?