IGNORED

England.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi

A good result at the end of the day , with some decent performances from a few players , and not so decent from others .

I thought Rooney had a good game , as did Crouch .

Ashley Cole was pretty dire to be honest .

There is definitely still confusion on how to pick the squad , and hope it will sort itself out before the end of the qualifiers .

Also think that Barry is just not doing it in an England shirt. I have always been very critical of him in the past but I would prefer to see Carrick in that central role. He can pick out a brilliant pass at least, Barry just bumbles by.

I agree Jamie he is very hit and miss for England as he is for Villa at times, I would much rather as you say have Carrick or even Huddlestone sat infront of the back four ready to pick out a pass and clear up any danger at the back.

I also dont like Lennon on the wing he has very good pace but nothing else he can not tackle and can not cross the ball well, We have the players to do very well its just we dont seem to get the cohesion spot on apart from the Croatia game where we looked balanced.

Then we come to calamity James he is to much of a liability he goes to sleep as seen last night and his communication is shite with the back four we need to blood in Hart while we are comfortable in our table or that tool James could cost us big time come next year.

------------------------Hart

-G.Johnson---Terry------Ferdinand---A.Cole

----------------------Carrick

-J.Cole-------------Gerrard-----------A.Young

---------Walcott

-------------------------------Rooney

Would be my pick if we had a fully fit squad or something similar plenty of pace and quality on the ball when we play all three Barry Lampard and Gerrard atleast one of the three goes missing and we cant afford that and Gerrard is the best man going forward and for me Carrick is better then Barry at pinging the ball around and cleaning up anything from the back four.

Guest efctaxi

I wouldn't play Rooney as a striker to be honest . I personally think he is much more valuable to the England team playing behind the strikers .

Gerrard and Lampard both played ok last night , but there is something not right , and perhaps one of them need to be on the bench . Carrick is a good player , and it also came into my thoughts last night that he might be a good alternative .

Crouch proved once again what a good player he is , with some great passing , and headers , and ultimately a well taken goal , but the team need to try and play it to his feet , rather than hoof it up to him .

Lennon did some good work , but lacked initiative .

A few times there were opportunities to attack the goal himself , but he was totally focussed on passing the ball . He needs to be a little greedier and more attack minded .

Barry was very lucky not to be sent off , and could have cost us a penalty last night too .

Terry again needs to stop making stupid mistakes . The bloody nose he gave to Voronin was worthy of a sending off , regardless of intent .

James did well overall , but again a few moments where I wondered what he was doing .

Cole was shockingly bad all night , and hopefully will pull his socks up , or move aside . It's not the first time he has had a very bad game .

Beckham was a good substitution , but what on earth was Capello thinking when he replaced Crouch ( one of our better players on the night ) with Wright-Phillips , and moving Rooney forward ? :huh: SWP is very inconsistent , and if on from the beginning often has a good game in drips and drabs , but isn't an impact sub .

Glen Johnson played quite well to give him his due , but there was uncertainty across the back line on many occasions last night that needs fixing from the whole defence .

I can't wait for Joe Cole to get back into the squad , so that Gerrard can play straight down the middle again .

I wouldn't play Rooney as a striker to be honest . I personally think he is much more valuable to the England team playing behind the strikers .

Gerrard and Lampard both played ok last night , but there is something not right , and perhaps one of them need to be on the bench . Carrick is a good player , and it also came into my thoughts last night that he might be a good alternative .

Crouch proved once again what a good player he is , with some great passing , and headers , and ultimately a well taken goal , but the team need to try and play it to his feet , rather than hoof it up to him .

The thing is that Rooney does not look as effective as he could for England due to the way we play with Crouch or Heskey being used as knock on men which encourages the shite long ball football we have seen fail for so many years with England.

If we had Walcott and Rooney up top we could play fast pass and move football with playing it up and hoping either Crouch or Heskey will get a touch on wont work against the better teams its to predictable we need to start playing football along the floor and although Crouch is a decent player and does play well for England he would be better used as a impact sub for me. When we play the ball up to Crouch it also cuts out players like Gerrard and Lampard from being able to move forward as they do for there clubs we need fast paced football like when we hammered Croatia.

As for James he had very little to do and what he did have to do he did it poorly the lapse in concentration with that long drive which had very little swerve on it he can not command the back four as his communication is shite he needs to go asap to be honest.

For me if i had a fully fit squad to choose from id choose:

-----------------hart------------------

Johnson---terry----ferdinand---cole

---------------hargreeves-----------

Walcott-------Gerrard--------J.cole

--------------Rooney--------------

------------Owen-----------------

• 5 weeks later...
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has lent his backing to keeper Manuel Almunia's potential claim to play for England. The Spaniard, who has said he would consider playing for England, will be eligible to apply for citizenship this summer having signed in 2004.

Woulden't mind him playing in goals for England. Better than James & Hart?

^^^I disagree with that, since capello came in things have changed, he tells the press straight, for example when they said "gerrard should be played as the second striker" he replied "remember the france game where i played him there?"

Capello is doing well imo

David James is far past his best, he's not up to England's standards, he seems to do well when he's just playing for Portsmouth and then when he gets a efw England games under his belt he goes crazy. The goal against Arsenal was sackable and it's a shame because he has put in some good games for Pompy this (and last) season.

Just looking who we have got and there is some bleak candidates for the GK'ing spot.

Paul Robinson

Ben Foster

Scott Carson

Joe Hart

Manuel Almunia

David James

Those names from the top of my head. Feel free to add to the list, the only players there that I would want in net are Hart, Almunia & Foster.

If David James is England's best we're in desperate trouble.

See Arsenal's first goal today? Typical of the man. Laughable.

We are indeed.

Carson flatters to deceive, Robinson is shite, Hart doesn't play for City any more, Almunia is just as error prone as James. So who else is there? :huh:

EDIT - I forgot about Foster (thanks Martin). If he playing regularly for United then maybe, but we can't have a first choice international keeper who doesn't start for his club.

Edited by Romey 1878

Joe Hart has said that he wants a loan move away from Manchester City due to Shay Given taking his place. Around January time when Given was at Newcastle Joe was breaking through into the England team. It's a shame really because he is a decent lad, I'd expect him to be at a new club in September playing first team football.

Ben Foster seems the best candidate at the moment. Wth Van der Sar injured it's the perfect opportunity for Foster to show just what he can do. For me if he can get first team football then he will be wearing England's #1 shirt.

Robinson isn't that shite btw B)

• 3 weeks later...