IGNORED

Nakamura?

Nakamura would be good on a free. We woulden't want to be paying millions for him because he is yet to be proven in a league near enough the Premiership. He does a solid job for Celtic but I really wonder whether he could do it at us. He woulden't be a first team regular and could be restricted to substitute appearances. His contract is up and we should take a gamble in my opinion. He has done it for Celtic & Japan so lets give him the challenge of performing at Everton.

For adz09, I think that Watson was the last midfielder to score a hat-trick. I remember the game too, I'm sure one of the goals was an over-head kick from a corner. It was a shock to see him pop up with three goals! :) And it was 2003-2004 season.

Q: Watson scored three out of the four goals - who scored the other?

another link to the east eh as you say might sell some shirts and i cant imagine him wanting massive wages?

and i remember watson gettin that hat trick a bloke near me said to him when he came to take a corner are you gonna do anythin today steve? just laughed :lol: wasn't that mcfaddens debut too? sure it was and he was awesome that day

I have no problem if hes free and ok paycheck. He is very rated and skillfull player. He has been a rael threat and minds behind the game of celtic. TBH im not sure about hes paying ability atm, but hes good creative player. Havent checked hes bio when i wroted it, but hes the shining(only) star of Japan national team. Pace, set pieces, passing. Definitely ok for free if the salary aint too high

Talented lad on the ball but useless off it, wouldnt fit into our system at all. Besides he has stated for the last 2 seasons that he was going to run down his contract and return to japan. Besides I hope now that our days of signing older players past their best has now gone and the trend of buying younger potential stars is the way forward for us.

Not gonna happen this one.

Even though I do rate him at Celtic I do think that he's below our expectations. When we look at our team its hard to find where he would fit in, I doubt he would even get a regular place on the bench. He's good at free-kicks and quite good on the ball but when it comes down to it he's just not what we want. His work rate isn't fantastic and after so many years in Japan/Scotland he won't even be capable of making a mark in the Premiership.

I see him going back to Japan myself.

Might sell some shirts :)

He would definatly increase our fanbase in Asia, the fact is that its already large with Chang.