IGNORED

Portsmouth (away)

dark

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts so far are:

Jacobson - cannot header a ball and is far too slow on decision making.

Saha - needs to get himself into this game if we want to win it, been too quite, same for mo.

Howard- again i feel at fault for their goal, stood and watched, maybe should have tried to save it at least.

Jo - looks lively, needs the passes for him to do his thing

Pieman - playing well so far, kaboul should have been booked for the tackle on him

baines - great free kick, needs to keep concentrating when taking cross free kciks

Glen Johnson - by far their most dangourous player so far, need to keep him quite!

My thoughts so far are:

Jacobson - cannot header a ball and is far too slow on decision making.

Saha - needs to get himself into this game if we want to win it, been too quite, same for mo.

Howard- again i feel at fault for their goal, stood and watched, maybe should have tried to save it at least.

Jo - looks lively, needs the passes for him to do his thing

Pieman - playing well so far, kaboul should have been booked for the tackle on him

baines - great free kick, needs to keep concentrating when taking cross free kciks

Glen Johnson - by far their most dangourous player so far, need to keep him quite!

Jacobsen has made a few good crosses which have caused some danger but he isn't making his mark at the moment. I think we can cut him some slack though, his first game for Everton. His first game in the Premier League after coming back from injury. It's not going to be easy. Agree with you on the points about Saha, Jo, Pienaar and Baines. I woulden't blame Howard for the goal to be honest.

Tried that link, it's crap

Look on the first page for streams mate.

I just feel howard could have attempted to try and save it, he just jumped backwards, again showing that he is not on form, a inform howard would have threw himself at that regardless of if it was unsaveable or not. I was abit harsh in saying the goal is his fault as it was the refs poor decision but i still feel howard should have done alot better.

I just feel howard could have attempted to try and save it, he just jumped backwards, again showing that he is not on form, a inform howard would have threw himself at that regardless of if it was unsaveable or not. I was abit harsh in saying the goal is his fault as it was the refs poor decision but i still feel howard should have done alot better.

Well if Howard was in form then maybe he would have come out for it. He did seem to just jump backwards and I will agree with you there. I don't think we should blame Howard for the goal (even though you didn't) he's saved our bacon many times before and he's just going through a spell. From that close range it takes a good goalkeeper to get anything on it.

The first goal was poor goalkeeping, beaten at the near post. Questions are bound to be asked by Hart.

Didn't see the first 20mins, but what I've seen Portsmouth seems a lot more up for this match than we do. They're doing exactly what we should be doing; closing men down quickly and realising balls to the front/wings. I can see us coming out in the second half a lot more fired up though, still think we'll win this one - as long as we get the next goal.

Loan from FM09: drab match so far. Surely the second half can be better?

Were losin all key headers, so long balls are frustrating at attacking and defensively pompey looked to win all in our box or if we got it for free the clearances were awful. Passing also absolutely shite. Jacobsen looks nervous but wouldnt expect else, he has been so long time without games. Midfield is coming way too slow back down ecxept nev who is fighting hes heart out again and showing the others what they should do also. We cant press them at all cause 3 midfielders are too high when we loose ball. When we have ball its usually so deep on our defence that long balls are only way to try, but cause the distances are so horrible , those look useless. We have been this season mostly the one half team, so ill only keep my fingers crossed that the first half were the worse one today.

Edited by LexKing

After first 10 minutes was looking good but have to say the half time verdict is Crap!!.

Cant name anyone thats played that well. Jacobson has been just OK, Jags has been steady enough and it was a Great freekick by Baines. Pienaar has run around a lot but done bugger all with the ball. Jo is not a good footballer. Fellaini has been missing, Saha looks out of sorts. SHIT!! perhaps I'm being a bit too negative, We Will need to improve to get anything from this game.

Gosling to come on and get the winner. (there thats a better attitude). :thumbsup_still:

I can see us losing this one. We can't get any kind of hold on this game. I do feel that Saha would be alot more effective coming off the bench, he always seems alot better as a substitute rather than a starting player. We now have few people who can make a real difference from the bench in a physical game like this. I would like to see Baxter come on though.

I can see us losing this one. We can't get any kind of hold on this game. I do feel that Saha would be alot more effective coming off the bench, he always seems alot better as a substitute rather than a starting player. We now have few people who can make a real difference from the bench in a physical game like this. I would like to see Baxter come on though.

We just need to break their defensive line. They arn't playing that well a team its just that we can't get our foot on the ball and make things happen. We should win this and with a good move and a bit of composure this game should be all set for the win. Let's not look at losing for now because with Portsmouth where they are in the league that would be heartache. Let's not get negative until the whistle blows.

Also Nugent's just been replaced by Kanu.

Good to see that arsehole off the pitch.

Guest efctaxi

Need to make some changes quickly .

Portsmouth fully deserve their lead .

Our final pass has been awful all game , and our midfield non existant .

Could be a key game in our season today .