IGNORED

Portsmouth (away)

dark

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to comment back on my post it was whilst the goal went in meaning we was at 1-1.

OT: We have looked poor up front but once again its the referee that has cost us. The first goal which came from a corner should never have been allowed due to the ball going nowhere near Baines. Anyone could see that it was a goal kick apart from the fat wanker in charge. The second goal like Jamie rightly said should not have been allowed due to Kanu holding on Howard. I don't mind losing fair and square but this takes the piss. I hope the video gets played back to the FA so they can analyse how shite their staff are.

Need to make some changes quickly .

Our final pass has been awful all game , and our midfield non existant .

Could be a key game in our season today .

1) I agree. Without any changes there will be no goal. This game is for the young one's to perk up, with thier help we could maybe grab something from here.

2) Indeed it has, ever since Crouch scored thier first we've been wank.

3) Again I agree, if this knocks our confidence we can kiss goodbye to Europe.

Edited by dark

Done for a double by Portsmouth ffs....not a nice feeling :( .

It's not considering that their shite. They deserve to be down at the bottom because of how poor they are, I really expected this to be easier than the Stoke game, go down to Fratton and smack their arse. How wrong I was. I woulden't really mind if Pompy scored again, it's what we deserve. I just keep thinking to myself, we have no Cahill and no Arteta and lose the plot...pathetic

Next game against Wigan? Yes, I'm worried.

The result were direct from doctors order. We have run out of luck.Saw pompeys second coming and we couldnt do shit today. Absolutely shite. Jacobson, Nev and Baines were ok. Others totaly taking a day off duty. We would needed to do changes lot earlier than last 5 minutes. Thats absolutely pathetic. Long time i havent been thinking about this of Moysie, but he didnt know what to do to get back in the game. Second half were just like last 35minutes of first half, SOMETHING WOULD HAVE TO BEEN TRY BEFORE IS WAS TOO LATE... hopefully players will get their workgloves back from naftalin, otherway we aint gonna get lot points rest of the season... sad but true

That was the worst match I've seen for a long time - probably since the start of the season. Utter crap, we just didn't want it, we hoofed it aimlessly up the pitch far too often, there was no final ball, we are simply not a threat going forward. We've got no chance of winning any cups lads, if we play anything like that, forget all this take of Champions League as well, not only will we not make it there, but even if we did it'd just be repeat of what happened last time, out first round. I'm well annoyed... The only thing I can take out this match was that we got to have a look at Jacobson at last; and to be fair, he didn't do too bad, tried to get forward, tried to get some balls in the box, linked up with Peinaar a few times. Still gutted and annoyed by today's result. I'm off the get drunk.

Guest efctaxi

All I can say is well done Portsmouth .

They were easily the better team for 80 minutes , and didn't deserve to lose .

Our team lacked ideas , lacked belief , lacked direction , lacked the final pass , and most obvious of all lacked Cahill .

Without Timmy , our heart isn't beating properly . Saha and Jo never looked like scoring , and had no idea how to play off each other . Both need to learn to pass the ball harder .

Midfield absolute terrible , and why Moyes took so long to change things he only knows . When he did , he took Jacobsen off :huh: What is the point of that ?

To hit the guys confidence ? Jacobsen was not the problem today .

Fellaini non existant . Neville not good enough . Osman non existant .

Pienaar dribbling as normal without a flippin clue what to do at the end of it .... as normal . Someone needs to tell Jo to keep on his feet , and see out the movement .

Only Baines showed anything like what is expected today going forward . Some good tackles from both Jags and Lescott , and forward movement from Jacobsen and a great save from Howard , but overall not good enough .

As for Moyes , a day to forget . Should have showed a little faith in fate , and brought on some youngsters , and done it a lot earlier than he did .

Portsmouth wanted the result much more today , and had much more determination to get it . After the first 5 minutes , all looked good , but we need to learn how to push on and stay on top .

Let's hope this isn't the start of a bad patch , and that other results go our way .

Edited by efctaxi

Moyes: Should have brought on a sub around the 60th minute mark. Portsmouth were just settling down and thinking about pushing men up-field, they were confident and controlling the game. If someone like Rodwell or Gosling would have been on the pitch at that time then they could have had the flair and passion that gave the other ten a good kick up the arse. I'm a fan of Moyes and think that he worked wonders for the club but today he needs to take some of the blame. His poor decision making evidently led to Portsmouth's win.

Team: I'm unsure what to make of Jacobsen. He did do average considering that it was his debut but if he wants to be a solid week in week out defender then he needs to step up his game. Wigan are just as bad as Portsmouth but they will punish if there are slip-ups. What it needs is captain Phil to motivate the back four and put in a good clean sheet. We had no midfield today which is always going to let you down. Fellaini and Osman were none existant whilst Pienaar didn't do anything with the ball when he had it. The foreward partnership of Saha and Jo might as well stayed at home. Those two should equal goals galore whereas Jo was the laughing stock. The number of times that he could have scored and he failed to hit the target.

Wigan: We should put the game behind us now and not let it affect our season. Having said that we do need the realise that performances like that will lead to a slip down the league rankings. We are within touching distance of Arsenal & Villa and will just throw it away if we start to play like this again. Wigan don't pose many threats and the game is at home. Let's just hope that we get back into the mindset and take the three points. Today has simply not been up to standard.

Our team lacked ideas , lacked belief , lacked direction , lacked the final pass , and most obvious of all lacked Cahill .

Saha and Jo never looked like scoring , and had no idea how to play off each other . Both need to learn to pass the ball harder .

Midfield absolute terrible , and why Moyes took so long to change things he only knows . When he did , he took Jacobsen off :huh: What is the point of that ?

To hit the guys confidence ? Jacobsen was not the problem today .

Fellaini non existant . Neville not good enough . Osman non existant .

Pienaar dribbling as normal without a flippin clue what to do at the end of it .... as normal . Someone needs to tell Jo to keep on his feet , and see out the movement .

Only Baines showed anything like what is expected today going forward . Some good tackles from both Jags and Lescott , and forward movement from Jacobsen and a great save from Howard , but overall not good enough .

As for Moyes , a day to forget . Should have showed a little faith in fate , and brought on some youngsters , and done it a lot earlier than he did .

Well said, Some good points there.

Pienaar dribbling as normal without a flippin clue what to do at the end of it .... as normal. Did nowt today.

why Moyes took so long to change things he only knows . Very frustrating!!.

Someone needs to tell Jo to keep on his feet . Why he stayed down at the end I dont know, cost us 1 minute. And You can add Pienaar to the stay on your feet list.

Jo (& saha) needs to learn to pass the ball harder .. Yep, Jo underhits far too many passes.

Jacobsen was not the problem today . Thought he did OK overall.

lacked Cahill . Very true, Are we turning into a one man team?????.

Edited by Maghull70

Are we turning into a one man team?????.

I've been asking that question for a while now. Ever since Arteta was out we have looked without creativity and no real clue of how to get the ball into the net. He was obviously going to be a big blow for us but it all seems to have gone out of the window. What worries me is that Arteta will leave Goodison at some point, does this mean that from then on we will just fail? Are we turning into a one man team? I have every confidence that I am wrong and that we are not but with no creativity it begs the question.

No Cahill = Shite

No Arteta = Shite

I just don't want to think about where we would be without Jagielka. :(

We need to sort this situation, Wigan should be three points, if it isn't then its going to come back and haunt us in May.

i'm hoping moyes sticks with the 1 striker formation against pompey, in that case we'll win comfortably 2-0 ..go blue.

Jo and Saha upfront just doesn't work ... One striker, stick Cahill and Fellaini behind the striker ... if Cahill is out, put in a midfielder, not a striker ...

Also I think Howard should have come out on their first goal .. that assist-header was slow and high .. he should have gotten there ... high balls is actually one of the things he's really good at .. I think he's really low on confidence right now.

That's two games in a row now where I think he's culpable on a goal ..

These games where a whole bunch of players just seem to go missing are happening more frequently ... Moyes needs to do something... our midfield was non-existant..

shite.

Complete and utter wank. There was no fight, no determination, no heart, nothing. I'm just surprised we didn't get a right tonking on the scoreline. I've said it before but I'm going to say it again; we must have the STUPIDEST players in the league. Every single one of their defenders are giants so what do we do? We fucking hoof the ball up at every opportunity and the ball comes right back at us. You'd think they'd learn the lesson after the first few times but we keep doing for the whole game. We're suffering right now because we have no one in midfield that the rest of the team can trust with the ball, Osman and Pienaar are an absolute joke so we're just bypassing the midfield completely. The shitness of our midfield means that there's no service to the strikers to speak of and if you don't create chances then you ain't going to score. Oh and we may as well not have a bench if Moyes refuses to use it. I don't see the problem with throwing on the likes of Baxter and Agard if the more established players are playing like shit. Right now we have Osman and Pienaar under absolutely no pressure to perform because they'll play 90minutes regardless. Anyone suggesting Moyes could manage a Top 4 side is a fool because he doesn't have the balls for it. I'm very pissed off.

Howard - He was Tim Howard, that is all.

Jacobsen - I thought he did ok but what the fuck was he doing for their second?

Jagielka - I don't rememeber him putting a foot out of line but he didn't stand out either IMO.

Lescott - Same as Jags really.

Baines - He took his goal well but he was shit defensively and for the most part he didn't use the ball well and hoofed far too much.

Pienaar - If the Russians come calling in the summer get shut of him. It's all good well working hard and tracking back but he's supposed to be a creative player and he has no intelligence with the ball. He's simply not good enough.

Neville - Another good performance from him today. Worked tirelessly and mopped most things up infront of our defence. My MOTM.

Fellaini - Started well and then disappeared completely.

Osman - Leon should get a job in the circus because he is the invisible man. Another player not good enough for Everton and we should be looking to replace him.

Jo - A frustrating performance from him today. He worked hard and dropped deep to try and help the midfield but his use of the ball was shocking, so he ended up hindering us when trying to help.

Saha - An off day for him today. He just didn't look up for it at all.

Was only able to watch two periods of the game, no more than 20mins in total.Didn't see any of the goals.The observations I made was the two players who stood out in that short time were Neville and Pienaar!

Portsmouth seemed to want it more and that's been backed up by what many of you have said!!

Reading other reports, you have to face certain facts, if Yakubu and Vaughan had been fit and firing then Jo and possibly Saha wouldn't have started.Arteta and Cahill are obviously our main attacking options....so that really our entire attacking force.

The defence is pretty solid, but would be helped more by a midfield who posed a threat and therefore kept the opponents on a back foot.

If you were told before hand that our attack would be poor and the midfield were lacking Cahill and Arteta added to the fact that the opponents were one place above the relegation zone and would be up for the fight, then I'm sure we could have seen this coming.

To be honest I'd rather have Crouch than Jo or Saha.I think Crouch and a fit Vaughan would be great combination.

Yakubu, Cahill, Arteta, Anichebe, Vaughan, Yobo, Hibbert!!....we have a small squad at best, those players could have made a difference today.

I think it's a case of start scrapping and hang on to that 6th place at all costs, it would still be a great achievment, considering.

^^^ Pienaar, stood out for me because during the small amout of time I was able to watch the game, he at least seemed like he wanted the ball and was ready to put a foot in, probably the same reason Neville stood out.Piennar might well, when he has the ball run and then not create, BUT he does tackle and run and put himself about.....which is something! If the rest, from reading reports had put as much effort in, perhaps, just perhaps we could have got something today.

What I saw today was poor.....I just hope Moyes saw the same as most on here.

If he's saw the same 20mins I saw, Neville and Pienaar would at least be on the teamsheet for the Wigan game, match winners or not.