IGNORED

Wigan Athletic (home)

dark

We are going to struggle again today.................with so many not pulling their weight at Pompey I suspect DM will have great trouble lifting their spirits for this clash. The obvious think to do is warn them that any thoughts for a semi final appearance depends on how they perform today, below par and you are out. That said I really fear a defeat, Wigan are a strong side with an outside chance of a European place and almost a full squad to pick from..................if Saha and Jo perform the way they did at fratton Park we'll go down 0 - 1 or 2, I'm worried :o

I always find that when there is a international break it will almost nullify previous form. You can come back fresher and come back with a clearer head, hopefully.

I think we could struggle today, but I don't think it will be becasue of the pompey resultor the team moral, its becasue we are bereft of creativity.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to struggle again today.................with so many not pulling their weight at Pompey I suspect DM will have great trouble lifting their spirits for this clash. The obvious think to do is warn them that any thoughts for a semi final appearance depends on how they perform today, below par and you are out. That said I really fear a defeat, Wigan are a strong side with an outside chance of a European place and almost a full squad to pick from..................if Saha and Jo perform the way they did at fratton Park we'll go down 0 - 1 or 2, I'm worried :o

Wigan are a tough side no doubt, but they have their own problems with cattamole suspended, the Zaki fiasko and I think they have other injury worries. Moyes will have no problems motivating the players as:

1) We are home

2) Players pride, dont want to lose twice on the bounce, certainly dont want to have the double done on us twice!

3) Europe, with West Ham winning yesterday we need to get a result to maintain the gap to them. Aston Villa face Man U and if we win we are right on their tail.

4) FA Cup players are playing for a place in the team ( although with our small squad the team mostly picks itself)

The thing is we have to cheer them on, if we are nervous the players will pick up on it and it will effect them. So shout out and turn nervous energy in to volume. COYB

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Osman, Neville, Cahill, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jo.

Subs: Nash, Van der Meyde, Castillo, Saha, Jacobsen, Rodwell, Gosling.

As strong as we can hope for really. Glad to see Hibbo back, and relieved that Cahill features.

Edited by jamiemaher85

TC and Hibbo in....

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Osman, Neville, Cahill, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jo.

Wigan: Kirkland, Melchiot, Bramble, Boyce, Figueroa, Watson, Brown, Valencia, Scharner, N'Zogbia, Mido.

Subs: Kingson, Edman, Sibierski, Koumas, De Ridder, Rodallega, Kapo.

....on the basis of that team I see three points :) .

EDIT:Beat me by a fraction Jamie!

TC and Hibbo in....

Wigan: Kirkland, Melchiot, Bramble, Boyce, Figueroa, Watson, Brown, Valencia, Scharner, N'Zogbia, Mido.

Subs: Kingson, Edman, Sibierski, Koumas, De Ridder, Rodallega, Kapo.

....on the basis of that team I see three points :) .

EDIT:Beat me by a fraction Jamie!

and me by seconds Mike, far happier seeing that side with the possible exception of Jo, i'll go for 2 - 1 but look out for Scharner, he will be dangerous as a backing forward

i think everyone has played well so far.....fellaini and osman look great. and am looking forward from a lil bit more of an attack on timmy's part in the second half.

howard has been a bit weird recently. every since his mexico game i feel like he is a bit off of his norm.

looking to get more in the second half. Jags and Jolean in the back is flawless.... COYB!