IGNORED

Wigan Athletic (home)

dark

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although not a convincing a victory as the score suggests we played some delightful football. The Cahill and Fellaini substitutions robbed us of momentum but what the hell we have improved our goal difference no end. For once I'm prepared to say that Fellaini had a cracker. We flowed forward better because of Hibbert's contribution and crosses, something we have lacked over recent weeks as we relied heavily on Baines and in doing so made us one dimensional. It was a really good all round performance by the entire team, well done lads :D:D:D:D

Maybe time to rest some players and give the young kids a chance ?

I was thinking that same towards the end Taxi. Good to see both Rodwell and Gosling making appearances (Saha looked dangerous too)

Great 4-0 win there, I'm now fully behind Wengar in awarding points for goals :rolleyes:

Edited by dark

I have to agree with what Moyes has said now, Europe is ours if we keep a cool head.

'David Moyes believes the 4-0 victory over Wigan means European qualification is now Everton's to throw away. The emphatic victory over Steve Bruce's side - courtesy of a brace from Jo and strikes from Marouane Fellaini and Leon Osman - moves Everton to within one point of fifth placed Aston Villa and seven points clear of West Ham in the battle for a Europa Cup spot'

okay so todays performance put a smile on my face. seemed like we were flowing quite nicely during the match. given wigan arent the greatest squad in the world.

jo fellaini and osman played very well in my opinion and deserve a lot more credit than some people might suggest. i have been reading some other forums on the EFC webpage. blueroom. and lads are talking about...

On Fellaini's Potential

"hes getting better but on a whole still been a disapointment for me so for this season"........

On If Jo is worth Keeping....

wanna know what ever one has to say about these two. i seem to be getting the feeling that some people are really harsh to judge the big name signings, and no one is looking at the fact that both of these players are young and with moyes as the manager. only better things can come from them. i think fellaini has what it takes to be top class. I love Jo at the moment and i hope he keeps it up. today shows he has a lot of skills in his bag of brazilian tricks.

lemme know what you guys think

Well that was a stroll in the park for the boys today. Some of it was to do with Wigan being dog shit but for the most part we were just far superior to them, a complete contrast to how we played against Portsmouth. Some of our passing today was immense; lots of one touch moves and it was lovely to watch. Wigan just couldn't cope with it so it annoyed me when we went through periods of just hoofing it because it let Wigan into it for short periods. That was a proper team performance for me and it's put a smile on my face. It pissed me off that after the 4th goal we completely switched off and let Wigan have the ball. It's fair enough to stop going forward but we should have just kept hold of the ball and ripped the piss. Osman, Fellaini, Jo and Neville were immense today and deserve a lot of credit. The Villa game will be a completely different proposition but we've put ourselves in a good position, I hope we do them over like they deserve.

Howard - Didn't really have much to do but commanded his area well. Was he injured at the end because Jags was taking the goal kicks?

Hibbert - He had a really good game, especially when you consider he's been out for a fair while. His crossing looked to have improved and he got an assist. Nice work Tony.

Jagielka - His usual flawless self.

Lescott - Same as Jags. Their partnership is just going from strength to strength.

Baines - Not a bad game but not a good game either. I'm a little indifferent about his performance tbh.

Osman - He was fantastic today. His attacking play and ball control were top notch. Not only that, he tracked back tirelessly all game. He deserved his goal for that performance. My MOTM.

Cahill - He wasn't very effective going forward due to him being a proper CM again but he was always available for the ball and harrying the opposition when they had the ball.

Neville - He broke up all the Wigan attacks tbh, he was brilliant in my eyes. I can't believe how well he's playing in midfield if I'm honest but long may it continue.

Pienaar - He was OK in the first half and then I forgot he was even on the pitch in the second half. He needs to pull his finger out.

Fellaini - He ran Osman close for my MOTM vote today. He was everywhere for us today. He was brilliant at holding the ball up, picking the right pass, winning header after header, actually RUNNING, tackled. Full deserved his goal and it was very well taken too. One of his best games for us.

Jo - I thought he was going to have a bad game at the start because he looked off the pace. However, he grew into the game and he was brilliant. He held the ball up well and chased back at the Wigan defenders and GK. He rounded off the performance with 2 goals, taking the first of them superbly. I hope he keeps it up.

Howard - Didn't really have much to do but commanded his area well. Was he injured at the end because Jags was taking the goal kicks?

I don't know for sure Mark but when I was looking at him he seemed to be holding his right leg a few times. He let Jagielka take his goal kicks like you mentioned and he wasn't walking normally. Just a little strain I think. He ran out to catch the ball after a poor cross which meant that he wasn't severly injured. He'll be fine for the Villa venue.

Guest efctaxi

Fellaini today looked a world apart , even from his good performances today .

The lad can shoot at goal without doubt .

Could it be that we are clicking back into shape once more at just the right time ?

Wigan are very good passers of the ball , and the table doesn't lie .

Villa will be dejected after today .

Arsenal still have to play United , Chelsea and Liverpool , so they may drop a few points .

What a game, what a result. The players, manager and staff deserve all the plaudits they will get for this result. The crowd was nervous at first, but as the team started to play some sublime passing football, the crowd rawed them on - just amazing!

Reminded me very much of the way we dismantled Bolton, just we did it better.

Fellani repaid my faith in him - Ive been saying that he was quality and next season wil be the making of him, today we saw a glimse of what he can do for us.

I hope we sign Jo he is getting better and better for us especialy at home!

Fellani repaid my faith in him - Ive been saying that he was quality and next season wil be the making of him, today we saw a glimse of what he can do for us.

I hope we sign Jo he is getting better and better for us especialy at home!

Thought that Fellaini did have a good game yesterday afternoon. Good to see him back on form and looking threatening with his afro in full swing.

Question is now - Will Jo become part of the team on a permenant basis?

Thought that Fellaini did have a good game yesterday afternoon. Good to see him back on form and looking threatening with his afro in full swing.

Question is now - Will Jo become part of the team on a permenant basis?

Jo scored 5 goals in 7 ( I'm not sure) games, but thats a little deceiving.

He had only 2, maybe 3 good games so far. So I'm not fully convinced yet.

I hope he can prove himself in the next 2 matches.

Edited by Churinga

Jo scored 5 goals in 7 ( I'm not sure) games, but thats a little deceiving.

He had only 2, maybe 3 good games so far. So I'm not fully convinced yet.

I hope he can prove himself in the next 2 matches.

I have a feeling he will do, especially after reading THIS

What does everyone else think? Jo, Yes or No?

Mick Rathbone has said that the injury that Tim Howard picked up on Saturday is very minor. On the official site there is a page explaining that the reason Jagileka took the goal kicks towards the end was as a precaution. Nothing serious has effected the Everton Camp after the Latics clash, even Tony Hibbert remains fit.

Seems like he will be in-between the sticks against Aston Villa.