IGNORED

Hatton V Pacquiao

Without has the potential to be the fight of the year.................i think its too close to call, two big hitters, one with a scintillating jab the other throws some really crippling body shots.........my heart says Hatton but I suspect Pacquiao may just have too much for him just like Mayweather...................

Hatton's greatest hope is the fact that he will be seven pounds or more ehavier than Pacquiao, that weight may just be too much for the little fella, it should be a fascinating encounter

Guest efctaxi

Oh my :huh:

What a sharp tool that guy is .

Ricky was totally annihilated from the word go .

He looked slow and oblivious to the dangers he was facing , and with respect to Ricky , looked like a pub fighter in the same ring as a top top pro .

Not sure he'll be back fighting again after that now .

Unlucky mate .

Would be pretty devastating to train for months and months only to be beaten to a pulp.

Nonetheless, Go Pacquiao!

Unlucky Ricky, he's a good fighter but it seems that it all went out of the window last night.

I guess that shows what a fighter Pacquiao is..congratulations to him.

I thought he'd lose but not that quickly. That will be the end of Ricky for sure.

The End? :mellow:

check it out here for anyone who missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsEuseLwicg

just watching it now. the first minute hatton was great, but manny took the piss. hatton had no defence at all, looks like he underestimated him to me.

the final blow was a beauty, no one would be getting up from that.

anybody excited about the prospect of manny vs mayweather?

Edited by StevO

Fighters are usually pretty proud by nature, he will want to restore some pride!Total over confidence destroyed him (well that and that other blokes fists)....Can't see him just giving up.

True, but what promoter is going to want to take the fight on? He's likely to just get beat again. Best to go out losing to probably the best boxer around rather than, as Stevo said, fight some nobody and lose.

Not really a boxing fan but watched the fight in the local, a very late stay behind haha. I managed to pull round three out of the hat in the sweep and raked in £65 so happy with that. Oh and by the way Hatton really underestimated the other guy and never looked like recovering after the second minute.

Guest efctaxi
Not really a boxing fan but watched the fight in the local, a very late stay behind haha. I managed to pull round three out of the hat in the sweep and raked in £65 so happy with that. Oh and by the way Hatton really underestimated the other guy and never looked like recovering after the second minute.

How did you win with round 3 ?

im sure he would reply, but his newly found wooden nose is in the way of his key board! ;)

mark - im sure he could find a promoter to take him on, i think de la hoya would stick with him. hes guaranteed to bring the money in with his british following, but i think one mroe high profile defeat would bring an end to the money he can bring in.

I just watched the fight and it looks like Hatton did get beaten fully out there that night. From the first time he went down there was no way that he would come back from it. Like the commentator said his legs were wavy and his punches just flapped at Pacquiao. Every time that Ricky went into a punch it was into one from Pacquiao and he just never looked like he was going to win.

The second round was one to forget and the knockout blow was some punch. :mellow: Hatton's whole face crippled in the replay. If it was live then I would have feared the worst for Hatton to be honest. His eyes looked goosed and he was a total cabbage on the floor. I hope he does continue and get a few more wins under his belt. To lose two in a row against Maywether (sp) and Pacrquiao isn't that good of a note to end on. Leave on a win? :)

Unlucky to the man, he's a sound bloke.

• 2 weeks later...
Oops sorry, I told you it was a late night, round 2 then, i think. Whatever I won the cash so that's good enough for me. :lol:

Well done on winning that money mate. Spend it wisely now ;) It seems that now people are starting to realise (and admit) that Hatton should never have gone into that fight. If I'd of watched it live I'd of feared the worst when he went down, he looked totally gone. Out cold and looking in a right bloody state.

Ray Hatton - My Son