IGNORED

Yobo To Leave

Oh dear: apparently Yobo has turned down a new contract and is set to leave in the summer according to THE DAILY MAIL:

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1185165/Arsenal-City-alert-Yobo-prepares-turn-Everton-contract.html

What does this mean......?

Read in the paper today that Joey is looking to leave! Frustrated at a lack of starting oppos is the reason, although getting injured and having to earn your place back seems to ring truer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...n-contract.html

Anyone know anything about this? If he did go, what we would expect with only a year left on his contract?

Is anyone concerned? I mean we have Rodwell, Lescott and Jags, but not alot beneath that.

i am concerned...

Lescott and Jags are fantastic and people have to just work hard and wait for there chance i hope he doesnt go but if he doesnt want to say then whats the point of having him

Sell him to city for 20 (mill)

EDIT next year is his last year shit we wont get 20 then lol

Edited by Sprooly

Don't believe a word of it.

He's the man in possession of the place, he'll start next season as first choice due to Jag's injury and if he performs he'll stay in.

To guarantee himself first team football he'd have to drop a level. Why would he do that?

Silly season crap guesswork journalism of the first degree.

He won't sign a new deal knowing that as soon as Jags is fit he'll be back on the bench. Add to that he'd probably get a starting place in Arsenal's XI and that guarantees Champions League football so I'd imagine that he's on his way in the summer. We'll likely get no more than £3-4m for him.

That will then leave us very lightweight at the back as no Jags to start the season, Rodwell isn't ready for central defence as yet and if City come sniffing for Joleon with big bucks we could quickly find ourselves without any centre backs.

I'd hope to get Mancienne on loan stitched up sharpish.

Sorry to present a negative slant on things but the reality of the situation is we sohlun't have let him get down to the last year of his contract, and now we have we can't let him run it down completely and lose him for nothing.

Wenger was sniffin around a few seasons ago wasnt he? If we got around 7 million for him id take it! The annoyin thing is if he got his head down and defended as well as hes capable why would he get dropped from the team? Injury was the reason he didnt get a game wasnt it?

He's not been dropped ever as far as I can remember, and I don't believe for a minute that if he and Lescott are playing well and keeping clean sheets that Jags will walk straight back into the team. Just won't happen.

Injury caused Moyes to give Baines a shirt and push Joleon into the middle proper.

Baines was a revelation, Joleon and Jags were great as a CB pairing and Yobo takes the bench when he's fit again.

With Baines' emergence there's no room for Yobo, Jags and Joleon in the starting XI and of the 3 Yobo loses out.

If he wants guaranteed first team football then he'll leave as he won't get it at GP. Will be a shame as we need the numbers but that's football.

We won't get £7m for him, that's decent money for a defender with years on a contract, £4m max I'd say (unfortunately)

If City are intrested then i'd haggle for a swap involvin Dunne i know not everyone will agree but hes turned into one hell of a good defender! Then again who knows how much truth is in this story i heard the negotiations only started about a month ago anyway!

I'll be honest here, Joey has been great for us over the years, but in all honesty if this Arsenal rumour was true and he's worried that he's had very little game time here, I don't think he'd walk straight into an Arsenal side and stay there. Personally I'd like to keep him here, will certainly get some decent game time now that Jagielka is out.

he wont get past gallas and toure not a chance and i think he'd struggle to get bast dunne and richards to be honest, or onouha for that matter. he's had an easy ride before the emergence of jags and baines id say cos he's been number one except for the spell of weir and stubbs. but if he gets pissy about losin his place when hes injured and not wantin to fight for it then to be honest i dont want him here

That's the Daily Mail view, but is it just some hack rekindling old stories?

This article would suggest that it's not completely true!

Meanwhile Complete Sports can authoritatively reveal that the Everton FC defender has been given a fresh five year deal by his club even as he still has one year to run on his current contract.

The player’s manager, John Olatunji Shittu exclusively confirmed this in an interview with the newspaper even as he debunked media reports that Yobo was demanding pay parity with the club’s top earners.

“There is no question of wage parity as Yobo is already one of the club’s best paid players. He was the first player to break Everton’s wage structure when he signed the present renewal three years ago and I can tell you we have agreed a new five-year deal in principle which he’s likely to sign before the FA Cup final on May 30”, Shittu said.

http://completesportsnigeria.com/details.p...ews&id=8248

Dont think Yobo's going anywhere. He loves the club, has good relationships with the manager, players and fans and is a top earner. With Jags out for a while he has the chance to play and make a case for his role in the side. Also playing in Europe regularly and part of a team who will be challenging for the top 4 next season - please god!

Only if Arse came calling would he be tempted - but even then I think he would stay -I hope!!!