IGNORED

Sean St Ledger

I very much doubt Moyes would bring him in as we are pretty sound in the middle at the back plus with Yobo having put pen to paper i cant see this one being true plus all my mates are massive whites and none of them have heard this.

Edited by EFC-Paul

The point being this is meant to be a rumour around Preston which its not unless this chap works for the club and has inside info which i very much doubt, I actually forgot about Jags being out :rolleyes: so yeah take back the we are covered comment ;) He's a decent player tbh he's been one of North Ends better players this season could given time become an ok player at this level but i doubt he would come just to park his arse on the bench because what we have is far better.

He has also just moved into a brand new home not far from me and i know he's happy at North End as i've met and talked with him a few times but you never know i guess.

i think 3s fine for now, if it comes to it there's always rodwell who was and will be a centre half most likely.

but look now, we have 3, one is injured, so we have two. we have no cover, and as sure as i am that rodwell will be a great centre half, he is way to young to be playing back there. we need one asap

If you dig into the Archives i was touting this fella years ago when he was a kid playing for Peterborough.

Club career

St Ledger is a central defender by trade but has played on either flank.

In 2004–05, St Ledger became the only player in Peterborough United's history to win every single player of the year awards, these included Player of the year, Young player of the year, BBC Radio Cambridge Player of the year and Supporters Player of the year and Peterborough evening Telegraph Player Of The Year. Sadly, the season ended in relegation to League 2 for Peterborough United.

St Ledger starred in Sky's Big Ron Manager, a behind the scenes look at Peterborough United's struggle to enter the League 2 play offs at the end of the 2005-06 season. St Ledgers' attitude came in for much criticism by Posh fans and he took some of the blame for their failure to reach the play offs.

Impressive displays linked him with a move to Aston Villa (the team he supports) and Birmingham City.

However, it was Preston North End that made a firm bid and he joined them on a three year contract for a fee of £225,000 on 7 July 2006.

But after his move to Preston North End he has flourished and formed a formidable partnership with Youl Mawene.

St Ledger, tipped as the future Preston captain continued with his good performances for Preston and swept the board at the Player of the Year awards 2007–08, winning seven player of the year awards in recognition of yet another outstanding season at Deepdale.

Think he's matured a bit since his Early days, is probably worth a bit more than the £225.000 PNE paid for him.

I very much doubt Moyes would bring him in as we are pretty sound in the middle at the back plus with Yobo having put pen to paper i cant see this one being true plus all my mates are massive whites and none of them have heard this.

We are looking poor at the back with injuries and contracts so we do need someone to come in and make it all work again. We say it over and over but Moyes does have a nack of getting Championship players and turning them into superstars. I'd like to see this one pull off because we do need to the cover. He's highly rated enough so let's go for it.

And his statistics for Preston North End is currently 8 goals in 120 appearances.

We are looking poor at the back with injuries and contracts so we do need someone to come in and make it all work again. We say it over and over but Moyes does have a nack of getting Championship players and turning them into superstars. I'd like to see this one pull off because we do need to the cover. He's highly rated enough so let's go for it.

And his statistics for Preston North End is currently 8 goals in 120 appearances.

Important stat? If preston had conceeded 8 goals in the 120 games he had played then it's worthy stat, but 8 goals in 120 games as justification to sign him as back-up?

I'm with a lot of people with mancienne on-loan seems a good option.

Not really that important no, but it's just a good statistic to have. I guess you could say that he's a proven goalscorer :P

Important stat? If preston had conceeded 8 goals in the 120 games he had played then it's worthy stat, but 8 goals in 120 games as justification to sign him as back-up?

I'm with a lot of people with mancienne on-loan seems a good option.

Mancienne would seem a better option as he has had more experiance. I'm not Moyes though, so I don't know who would be the best because I don't know the ins and outs. I'll just see what happens and watch them next season before making a judgement B)

Edited by dark

Not really that important no, but it's just a good statistic to have. I guess you could say that he's a proven goalscorer :P

Mancienne would seem a better option as he has had more experiance. I'm not Moyes though, so I don't know who would be the best because I don't know the ins and outs. I'll just see what happens and watch them next season before making a judgement B)

Like I say its just a rumour, I actually think hes a better player then Mancienne, but fans always seem to go for players who are on the fringes at so called big clubs like Chelsea.

St Ledger has just been included in The Republic of Ireland squad and has been outstanding for PNE, Moyes is a regular at Deepdale and must have taken notice of this.

There is also talk of Villa coming in for him too, so who knows this may happen

I think we look pretty good at the back and all of our centre backs are tied up on long contracts

how the hell has he had more experience? st ledger has been a professional footballer for years, playing week in week out, mancienne is a kid whos been out on loan. i dont doubt the lads talent, but that comment is just plain ignorant!

You thinking of the right player? The one being talked about is a chelsea youngster who is the spit for Lil Wayne.