IGNORED

Martins?

Just seen on SSN his agent has claimed that us, Arsenal and Villa have made enquiries. Unfortunately I expect he'll end up elsewhere but depending on the price I'd definitely have him here, he'd feel right at home with us already having a strong Nigerian presence and he is one of the few barcode players thats decent. Maybe we could do a swap for Vic eh?

No room for Championship players here thankyou :lol:

Haha i like it :lol:

He's a good player who wont be plying his trade in the Championship next season thats for sure, If the price was right i would take him but i expect as usual Newcastle will be deluded and ask for silly money.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Personally I think that he'll end up going to Italy, I think Fiorentina is a decent bet for what I've heard about. He obviously has talent and he has one of the strongest shots in the Premier League, however with our financial position and his probable cost I can't see it being a good business or tactical decision.

I like him but it's not likely that we'll play a conventional 442 is it, so we'd be paying £10millionish for a player that probably won't get that many starts.

Doubt that this one will pull off. He seems to much like the Yak or Vic to make the move, the price tag that he would come with is large and his return woulden't be all that impressive. I'd say that he'll go to Italy like Jamie said, won't be a Newcastle thats for sure :lol:

Personally I think that he'll end up going to Italy, I think Fiorentina is a decent bet for what I've heard about. He obviously has talent and he has one of the strongest shots in the Premier League, however with our financial position and his probable cost I can't see it being a good business or tactical decision.

Heh, it's funny that you say that because I was thinking the same exact thing regarding Martins. He seems like he'd be a natural fit in Italy.

His wages alone would disqualify him from joining us.

Heh, it's funny that you say that because I was thinking the same exact thing regarding Martins. He seems like he'd be a natural fit in Italy.

His wages alone would disqualify him from joining us.

seeing as he played for Inter for a fair few seasons I think you might be right ;)

Seen it a few times this week with him being linked to Fiorentina for £7.5m, but it could be called off as he is injured atm (seems to be injured alot for a young lad)

seeing as he played for Inter for a fair few seasons I think you might be right ;)

Seen it a few times this week with him being linked to Fiorentina for £7.5m, but it could be called off as he is injured atm (seems to be injured alot for a young lad)

Remember, as Moyes has stated before, he's a Nigerian 24, not neccesarily actually 24!

Hardly prolific is he.

No point in having pace if they are shite as well.

He scored 17 in 46 some of which where off the bench appearances in his first season with Newcastle and more then likely would have done the same the following if not for fat Sam using him as an impact sub, He also scored 6 in 12 at the start of this season not prolific but not shite and we have to be realistic we can't afford to buy a player with a prolific record who is still young enough to have an impact.

He has great pace and a good eye for goal if the price was right i would take him.

Guest efctaxi
Once every two years mate so its not as bad as people go on about a pain yes but not a deal breaker.

It's not a deal breaker if we only lose him , but picture losing Yakubu , Pienaar , Yobo , Anichebe and Martins .

another african to go missing for a month in january, no thanks from me. plus he's past it anyway

if he is actually a real 24 not a Nigerian 24 then saying he is past it is abit wide of the mark for a young lad, he isnt all that bad tbh very powerfull shot on him, depending on the price then im intrested, nothing over £6m

I wouldn't say he has past it. Not at all. He has had a bad season but so has everyone at Newcastle, its imprtant to note that he had a bad injury this year and then was rushed back. He still has alot to offer. The problem would be wages and a fee, I think he'd do a job for us, but I don't think we could afford him.