IGNORED

Twenty Twenty Cricket

The championship starts as I type, who will win this money spinning contest.

It cannort be denied that this game is exciting, we used to play it regularly after work and its is great fun but purists believe it will bring an end to test cricket..................is that a good thing or could it kill the game at grass roots.

IMO if this takes the game forward then it has to be a good thing. I would like to see the bowlers allowed five overs each which would at least make their contribution more worthwhile. I'm looking forward to an England victory although South Africa are the most likely winners.....................I'm off to watch us hopefully kick six kinds of crap out of the Dutch despite the fact that they have one of the fastest bowlers in the world.

I also fancy Lancashire to win the national title this year, their young team are awesome

Any serious interest I had in cricket died with my dad: used to follow it avidly and watch a lot but it was always something I did with him (or talked about with him). Not really got the heart for it since he went.

I'll still watch occasional highlights....I don't even know who's got the rights to show the 20/20 :huh: . I'll keep track of it but the Ashes are what it's all about this summer.

It was simply disgraceful. our openers managed to get to 100 after just eleven overs we then arsed about playing county cricket for the next nine overs getting just 62 runs for the loss of five wickets. Collingwood did not have a clue on how to set his field and the Dutch ended up winning because of a stupid unnecessary over throw by Broad. I feel ashamed but must add the Dutch deserved it in the end

Edited by Jimmy the blue

As im from New Zealand i find it hilarious how staruss can come out and say england are going to win it only for them to lose to holland in the first game. Although i shouldn't be supprised as england always does this in anysport. I can see a Aus, South Africa, NZ , India in the semis maybe Pak or Sri Lanka as dark horses.

As im from New Zealand i find it hilarious how staruss can come out and say england are going to win it only for them to lose to holland in the first game. Although i shouldn't be supprised as england always does this in anysport. I can see a Aus, South Africa, NZ , India in the semis maybe Pak or Sri Lanka as dark horses.

It is an English disease but 20/20 has a history of such results, Ireland beating Windes and little Bangladesh screwing the Aussies. On reflection it may just have been the kick up the arse we needed

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Cricket is weird, only thing i believe i understand from it , are the tea-breaks :P

well that is one of the most important concepts :lol::lol:

20/20 is the game played in a very condensed fashion and can be very exciting as the Dutch lads found out last night winning by a fielding mistake off the last ball.

We play Pakistan on Sunday, at least they are not Holland, it will be make or break :lol:

i haven't been watching it really or seen the team so i ask, is the england team made up of the usual lot, or lads from country cricket that play it all the time?

There are more county players in the squad and some of them have shone, Luke Wright has been excellent with both bat and ball, young Foster as keeper has played well Todays result was the opposite of the Dutch match as we took Pakistan apart, I suspect that the Dutch could well beat them as well any way we have qualified for the next series of matches so all is well.

I wonder why none of our Aussie friends have mentioned the arse whipping they took from the Windes............strange I thought they loved cricket down there :D