IGNORED

Are We The New Arsenal?

About the striker situation...Yak is the highest scoring African in the Prem. So I think, when all are fully fit, our strike force this next year is just as potent as Arsenal and even Chelsea and certainly better than Citeh.

In the middle third, we hold our weight. And as I'm sure everyone would agree, we need more depth in terms of pace and creativity. I think we saw glimpses of creative potential in Peanut late in the term...who knows if it'll come around any more once Mikel is back. As for pace...well let's quit screwing around and give Usain Bolt a ball and sign him up (doubt anyone in the prem could keep up down the wing!!!). I don't even think Arry Kidnapper could get in the way of that deal. We need two more midfielders to break top 4...creative CM and a lighting (BOLT) fast RM.

In defence, we're as strong as anyone. I would put our defense up against Manure's any day. If we manage to seal the now unlikely Naughton deal, we'll even be set for a few more years. Again 2 defenders for depth (and a good Europe run's) sake and we'll be set.

So yeah, we're like the new and improved Arsenal without the god awful yellow shirts. :D

About the striker situation...Yak is the highest scoring African in the Prem. So I think, when all are fully fit, our strike force this next year is just as potent as Arsenal and even Chelsea and certainly better than Citeh.

So yeah, we're like the new and improved Arsenal without the god awful yellow shirts. :D

Blue tinted glasses?

Im a big fan of yak, probably my fav player, but to think he is as good as the top four or city is crazy!

Robinho, tevez, adebayor, van persie, arshavin, drogba, anelka, torres, rooney and berba would all push ahead of him.

And im pretty sure drogba and adebayor are african and impretty sure they score more goals (unless were gunna add up all prem goals and ignor the fact yak has been in the prem longer)

and still, no, we arnet the new improved arsenal

Completely agree we are nowhere near good enough to be top 4 and we are not likely to be in the forseeable future ( unless of cause the top 4 all sell their best players and replace them with donkeys!)

We are 5th best, wich is near 4th best, so your wrong there.

we have a better defense the Arsenal, keepers are the same level, when Adebayor leaves we our offensive players are about the same level.

only their midfield is better with fabregas an Arshavin, and they have a wider squad.

Edited by Churinga

churinga i admire you're enthusiasm but we won't be '5th best much longer' i don't even think we are now but we're just in possession of the title. i don't think we'll be playing european football the season after next.

following your edit arsenal are far far better than us upfront, they're even better without adebayor because he's so overrated it's untrue. having lived in london and been forced to watch arsenal with some of their fans i've adopted their views that he's a waste of space.

Edited by CraccerC

We are 5th best, wich is near 4th best, so your wrong there.

we have a better defense the Arsenal, keepers are the same level, when Adebayor leaves we our offensive players are about the same level.

only their midfield is better with fabregas an Arshavin, and they have a wider squad.

:lol: comments like that just show how naive you are.........

:lol: comments like that just show how naive you are.........

Loose the self pity. Everton were 5th in the best league in the world last season (without any fit strikers half of the time!) and all we should do is moan about Man city and Tottenham, and Doom awaits us??

Please enlighten me to why we can't look up only 1 spot in the league? Man city have proven nothing yet and Tottenham have been a big money club since forever.

The only time i felt there was a big difference between us and a top4 team was at old trafford.

we won against liverpool, drawed 2 times against chelsea (and we should have won one of those) and the draw against arsenal at goodison we should have won to.

that's like looking up at a mountain and saying well we're already on land. it's not like we were close to 4th and our teams nowhere near as good at the top 4 or even city on paper now. by all means look up but you're looking at one monster of a climb.

no wonder the papers don't rate us when our own fans don't

So these new super clubs (Man City, Spurs and Villa) that are going to romp past Everton this coming season.Are they not prone to injuries, new players not settling in and playing as a team!Perhaps they are better than liverpool who were held at home by some not very super clubs (Stoke + a few others)Also the MORE "BIG" clubs that are about the more points the "BIG" clubs are going to drop.

Moyes keeps winning awards, keeps getting us to 5th and even 4th once, with a squad that have been more than stretched!He's learning all the time, maybe he can pick a team from that srtetched squad this season capabale of beating these new money boys!

Birmingham might come to Goodison and get thrashed, then go to mighty Man City and hold them to a draw......anything could happen.

We managed to keep Moyes, if we can hang on to Lescott and our injured players Arteta, The Yak, Jagielka , Vaughan and Anichebe get back quickly, then we have a damed good chance of that 5th spot again.

Tell you what! With our best team out, the present top 4 don't and wont fancy playing us.........the likes of Villa, Spurs and Man city would probably be very happy with a point.

Might lose Lescott, Jags propably wont be fit for a few more weeks, likewise Arteta...

..But I'll be fuc%ed if I'm going to concede to teams who couldn't finish higher than us last year, even with all our problems......Sure it'll be very hard to get above 5th, but EVERTON should be sending the signal to the pretenders....."It'll be very hard for YOU to get above 6th place"