IGNORED

Tom Huddlestone

Guest blueboy122

i dont think tom huddlestone would be wasted in our team at all. yes at the moment he isnt the makele that goes diving in but i am sure moyes could install that into him, he would be a fantastic signing for everton. he would speed the play up aswell and can switch the ball. the lad is an absolute tank also so he would be good to have when defending or attacking corners. noo not at all mopping up is mopping up, when a player mops something up it usually means the ball has come out of defence and they are there to pass the ball off to someone. also would you not be pleased if everton signed michael carrick?

Edited by blueboy122

also would you not be pleased if everton signed michael carrick?

Michael Carrick is so over-rated it's unbelievable. Looks like a lost kitten whenever he plays against anyone decent - the Champions league Final is a case in point and it's not the only time he's disappeared when it's mattered. I would hope that we'd be looking at better than the Michael Carrick's of this world tbh.

i dont think tom huddlestone would be wasted in our team at all. yes at the moment he isnt the makele that goes diving in but i am sure moyes could install that into him, he would be a fantastic signing for everton. he would speed the play up aswell and can switch the ball. the lad is an absolute tank also so he would be good to have when defending or attacking corners. noo not at all mopping up is mopping up, when a player mops something up it usually means the ball has come out of defence and they are there to pass the ball off to someone. also would you not be pleased if everton signed michael carrick?

i've never heard starting plays referred to as mopping up

how can mopping up not be mopping up?

and finally no, like mark i think carrick is an average footballer...same with huddlestone, good passer but you're right when you say he's like a tank, but who wants one of them on a football pitch, be half time before he's even in position.

Guest blueboy122

let me get this clear, you think that micheal carrick is an average footballer? pardon? lol lol lol. he starts for manchester united week in week out who are the champions of england and were the champions of europe and you think hes an average footballer?? some people on this forum ah! haha o well not to worry. anyway back on topic what ever your chatting about mopping up stop it. he sits infront of the back for anythin that comes out of it huddlestone has huddlestone passes it....... pienaar or who eva is on the wing on ya bike lad cus its going straight to your feet, we would be able to switch from defence to attack in one kick of the ball!

Manchester United never buy crap players do they, I forgot. Cough Djemba-Djemba Cough.

To find out if a player is really good you need to watch them in the big games, and every big game that Carrick has played for United he's been found wanting. So yes, Carrick is an average footballer.

Guest blueboy122

cough cough cough cough cough lmaooo!! was that player djemba djemba in the past two title winning sides was that player in the side that went to two european cup finals was that player in the finals united have been in the past 5 or so years? cough cough cough did djembadjemba start every game?? (cant remember him making any appearences really) no cus alex ferguson realised he was shite. what are u bringing united signing shite players for anyway that no point and the point u have made has just been silly hasnt it? djemba djemba? are u feeling ok mate? haha cough cough cough whats has united signing eric djemba djemba got anything to do with huddlestone being like a carrick tpe of player? cough cough cough. try beechams mate cough cough cough hasnt worked for me though

Edited by blueboy122

No, just pointing out that even United buy players that aren't that good. If Carrick was that good he'd have taken that Champions League Final by the scruff of the neck, which was his job btw. Did he? Did he like fuck, he shrank from the challenge. If you're going to say Huddlestone is like another player then please use a better example. I like Huddlestone you see.

Guest blueboy122

o right i see so carrick didnt win the game for united that means he is an average player? i suppose thats the same for ronaldo rooney etc. cmon ah mate stop chatting yer carrick started in a champions league final he plays for the best team in the world and thats not by look. you could say all that about players that havent preformed on occasions.. torres gerrard rooney ronaldo etc etc. you like huddlestone? so where in your opinion would we play him, and what would everton benefit from his services?

It's not the only game he's disappeared in, like I said earlier, he does it in every big game. He's a bottler against decent opposition because he doesn't have the skills to go head to head against truly quality players. He's fine against the Stokes of this world, but that's not the mark of a good player now is it? Like I said before, Manchester United don't always have quality players in their side. Just because you play for Manchester United does not mean you are a great player, it simply means you play for a great football side. Carrick has done nothing to earn the quality tag IMO.

Huddlestone would play just infront of the defence in the Carsley role; protecting the defence by stopping the opposition before they get to attack our defenders, breaking up attacks and starting our own.

Guest blueboy122

well my arguement for that it is he plays for england national side aswell?

yes i agree, was it you that said he isnt mobile enough though? why do you say this? i think the lad has lots of potential. would it be fair to say he is more of a holding player than a defensive mid? if you had to choose between him and that mbia? i would chose huddlestone.

well my arguement for that it is he plays for england national side aswell?

yes i agree, was it you that said he isnt mobile enough though? why do you say this? i think the lad has lots of potential. would it be fair to say he is more of a holding player than a defensive mid? if you had to choose between him and that mbia? i would chose huddlestone.

Once again, just because you get picked for England doesn't make you a great player either and he's had many a shit game for England too. On the big stage Carrick just can't cut it based on his performances.

No, I said I'd love Huddlestone here but the price was a bit too much. It's a bit of a pointless conversation though because we haven't made a bid for him. It doesn't matter what you call him, a holding player or a defensive midfielder, they do the same job in effect. I'd rather have M'Bia though tbh; he'd give us much more energy which is something we know Moyes wants in his team.

A fully fit hargreaves would be the perfect signing for us - I rate him a lot more highly than carrick. M'bia @ £6m or Huddlestone £8.5m - M'bia based on what I've heard, sounds more the type we need - the only way I'd have Huddlestone is if it was more £3-4m, then he'd be a good squad addition, he hasn't done anything to warrant otherwise.

fuck off stevo. what a nugget you are." get an english tutor" haha. yes sir. christ what a prick

as a religious man i personally find my saviour to have been a rather noble and generous man.

i don't see why you're having a go at stevo anyway, it's not his fault you can't master the language.

Edited by CraccerC

Guest efctaxi
Spurs have accepted bids of £8.5 million from Everton , Sunderland , and Aston Villa for the England Under 21 midfielder .

From todays mirror newspaper page 69

I doubt we would offer that much .

Huddlestone isn't worth 8.5mil, and Moyes wouldn't pay it, so I doubt this rumour very much.

Huddlestone is ok, but in reality, we need a different kind of player to what he is. We coped with the absence of Carsley and it means now we can have Fellaini in our midifeld who scores a lot more goals than Carsley too.

If anything, I think the carsley role died for us when Jagielka and Lescott were in form. Nothing was getting past the pair, and when we get Jags back, and if he can get back to his best, I don't think we'll require that position again.

I'd rather invest in a right midfielder/winger, as I think next season we should start to push Osman onto the bench. He turns up against teams like wigan bolton and fulham, but against quality opposition he goes missing. I'd much rather a pacy player like Pienaar on the right side to give us some semblance of balance in our midfield.