IGNORED

Tom Huddlestone

I would be glad to have him at everton but it does seem alot to spend on a player where we have ample cover for the CM.

We seemed to be linked to alot of CM when it seems obvious it is outwide that we rquire players

moyes doesnt really do wide players though. look through out our midfield, not one player who is naturally a wide player. even pienaar, probably our only wide player, has been excellent in an advanced central role for SA

look around and lets find a better deal, 3/4 spurs fans don't rate him, he aint mobile enough for our team, and he doesnt even get into the spurs team, when in fact were a better team than spurs. So overall a big no from me. Moyes can do better, don't just think we had slow movement in the transfer market last year, that we have to go all guns blazin with 8mil+ for that kind of player. Think Moyes Think!!!

How do you explain Fellaini then? :mellow:

Apparently fellaini is "deceptively" quick.... While watching the season review DVD the commenter said so on several occasions :o:o:o:o

When Moysie bought him his hair was short...... you get were I'm going..... now his drag when sprinting is considerably higher... hence he moves soooo slowly.... Moyse couldn't have thought of this.....

Fellaini also played in a much tighter kit when playing for Standard..... he moved like lightening when playing for them....

short hair and a tighter kit...... Moysie had the wool pulled over his eyes

Edited by DangerMouse

I always thought Reyes was pretty crap at Arsenal so that's good news, although I may have been tempted if he was really cheap. As for Huddlestone, he struggles to get into the Spurs side and has hardly set the world alight, he's not worth £8.5m from what I've seen. We need someone dominant, aggressive and physical in the middle to go alongside Arteta, then we'd have some midfield - although to be fair Neville did an excellent job during the back half of last season.

Guest blueboy122

I would definatley take huddlestone and reyes, both in my opinion quality quality players. huddlestone would be a fantastic signing i think because of his power size and passing ability he reminds me of a carrick, sits nicely infront of the back 4 and sprays balls around the park, but i suppose we do need winger for him to spray the ball to and jose reyes would be ideal! big name and i would imagine big wage!!

I would definatley take huddlestone and reyes, both in my opinion quality quality players. huddlestone would be a fantastic signing i think because of his power size and passing ability he reminds me of a carrick, sits nicely infront of the back 4 and sprays balls around the park, but i suppose we do need winger for him to spray the ball to and jose reyes would be ideal! big name and i would imagine big wage!!

hes just a passer, not mobile enough to sit protect a defence. as for reyes, player that never made it here and has since spiralled even further, i don't see why people are entertaining the idea of him TBH, didn't even try and learn english at arsenal apparently, i want him out of the vicente calderon but nowhere near everton.

Edited by CraccerC

Guest blueboy122

craccer, the defence in my opinion do not need "protecting" as such just sumone to sit there and mop up anything that comes out of the defence very much what michael carrick does. i personally like the boy and think he would be an ideal signing, also if he keeps that donkey felliani out of the team then i am all for it. the lad is a donkey and a liability. i will never know how he gets the praise he does! anyway thats a totally different topic! id rather have a young english player like huddlestone who can be worked on and could be so influential in everton rather than mr big time mbia. i just feel that with a player like huddlestone offers a fantastic oppertunity for everton to have one of the best but unknown passers of the ball and hes got two feet! we all know mikel can pass but when do u see him spraying balls across the park the way carrick, huddlestone, alonso etc does and can

is mopping up not a form of protection...look at the great sides, bar united at the minute, most of them have a good defensive midfielder. i don't think we need a huddlestone or a carrick, think they'd be wasted in our team, we need a carsley or a makelele that will dive in the way, plug holes and help the defence and just play it simple to arteta.