IGNORED

Luke Garbutt Joining Everton From Leeds

England Under 18s International and Captain Luke Garbutt is joining you lot from us.

Big blow for us as he is highly rated here, we offered him a new deal over the summer but he turned it down and a few Premiership Clubs have been in for him, seems Everton have won the race, according to his facebook page the deal will be completed on Friday.

Link to Leeds messageboard about it

http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=152380

Edited by tomjones1

England Under 18s International and Captain Luke Garbutt is joining you lot from us.

Big blow for us as he is highly rated here, we offered him a new deal over the summer but he turned it down and a few Premiership Clubs have been in for him, seems Everton have won the race, according to his facebook page the deal will be completed on Friday.

Link to Leeds messageboard about it

http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=152380

Nice one tommy lad! Are we getting Delph too?

Is this guy good enough to get on the bench with a view to pushing on ?

He's a left back is he not ?

hes a left back yes. Also captain of the England youths, were in the 3rd divsion and he still manages to captain players from most Premiership clubs in those England squads, so shows how rated he is, But in a way he probably has a better chance of breaking into your first team than ours despite us being leagues apart. Its probably our strongest position in the squad. But id assume he will go into your academy and push for the reserves very soon.

We have Ben Parker from the academy who is one of the most improved playersn we have so hes nailed on in that positon.

We have Aidy White who with Delph are our best two youngsters that we have.

and we have Alan Sheehan who is pretty shite, but hes our third choice left back.

Edited by tomjones1

I have been waiting to see a left back being signed as a cover for Baines, (meaning lescott sale to be done) may be too raw for that now though, but who knows. If we start making £10m signings next then bet bottom dollar Joleon is off. Must admit, pleasing to be linked with players of great potential, we need great current players too.

I have been waiting to see a left back being signed as a cover for Baines, (meaning lescott sale to be done) may be too raw for that now though, but who knows. If we start making £10m signings next then bet bottom dollar Joleon is off. Must admit, pleasing to be linked with players of great potential, we need great current players too.

He's 16 years old, if he's been brought in as cover then I'd be very surprised. He'll be playing in our under 18's or reserves at best.

lol talk about adding 0ne and one and getting 30001203923023909402848.12131!

How did you manage to come up with that connection? Fair enough if we sign 3 £10M centre backs!

I was thinking along the same lines as everyone else as I read this........

:lol::lol::lol:

Jose Baxter is on his friends list, I wonder if he had anything to do with him moving to Everton

Possibly, hes about the 6th, 7th youth international that we have had through our academy playing for England in past 3-4 years who will be leaving :angry: , which is still brilliant for a League 1 club to produce these players, but sadly from our point of view these players then go on International Duty and have the other players whispering in there ears to get them to move to a higher level. There was a famous one a couple of years back where a player moved to Chelsea from Sheffield United, and he was berating one of our lads to move there, and taking the piss out of him cos he played for Leeds. In the end our lad moved there with him.

Whilst playing for a Prem club and the wages is what footballers want, it doesnt guarentee them a career.

The lads above only one of them played any first team games for there new club, and most of them are rotting in the reserves. sometimes its best for them to stay where they are like Delph and play 50+ first team games than just sit in the reserves at a premier league club,

The OS has just posted a story about all the academy graduates starting their new full time job at Goodison today....Garbutt and Orenuga ( 16 year old winger signed from Southend) amongst them!! Welcome to you all!!!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/acad...s-graduate.html

been reading a coupe of your other fourms who reckon we will be getting £1 million for him and not 300k, any of you lads on here know how much we will be getting, Any money we get would be nice to go in the first team kitty, but I wont hold my breath as basically we generally just sign players on a free or for low undisclosed fees these days. :angry:

In principal I think that the compensation is right to a point, there certainly needs to be a cap or a banding on it though. Imagine if somone stole Rooney or Rodwell at an early age, we would be pig sick.

On the other hand, back in Sep 1998 when we played Leeds at home (dacourt sent off - bowyer), the Leeds fans thought that given their elevated financial status they could wave £20 notes at us. Move on to 2009..........Funny old game.