IGNORED

Moutinho

fingers are still crossed, he would attract other top players too. but i cant see him fancying us after all the trouble at the club lately, and the well documented tiny squad

what do you mean by trouble? to me trouble is club going into administration, player revolt, manager leaving etc

trouble in most fans eyes is not meeting expectations from finishing 5th etc I cannot see why a player, in this case Moutinho, would see Everton as in "trouble".

It was just reported again on SSN, but this time it was properly mentioned, not just reading from the Daily Mail which they did this morning. Just saying that apparently Sporting had lowered there valuation of Joao, lowering from 22m to around 17m. To be honest if they are willing to lower there price then it really shows that they are willing to sell.

I still have a very small glimmer of hope for this one, very small glimmer of hope though mind!!!

Hi, guys. Haven't written in a few days, tough break on the weekend, even with all the problems, you had really bad luck to come away with no points.

Anyways, news from here, regarding this issue, i haven't heard ntthing in our media about lowering the value. Haven't read anything about a delegation arriving either, but, who know, maybe they have. BUT, atm, João is with the National Squad, and he's playing on our friendly with Faroe islands midweek.

Also, since we took our version of the charity this weekend, 2-0 vs Porto, moral is pretty high atm, and i still think that to take him you'll most likely have to match the release clause, so unless they're prepared for that, they're going back empty handed.

Hi, guys. Haven't written in a few days, tough break on the weekend, even with all the problems, you had really bad luck to come away with no points.

Anyways, news from here, regarding this issue, i haven't heard ntthing in our media about lowering the value. Haven't read anything about a delegation arriving either, but, who know, maybe they have. BUT, atm, João is with the National Squad, and he's playing on our friendly with Faroe islands midweek.

Also, since we took our version of the charity this weekend, 2-0 vs Porto, moral is pretty high atm, and i still think that to take him you'll most likely have to match the release clause, so unless they're prepared for that, they're going back empty handed.

This thread hasn't been used in days, and all of a sudden you appear after a few hours. You're a red wind up merchant in my opinion. You've been waiting for this thread to start again :rolleyes::blink:;)

what do you mean by trouble? to me trouble is club going into administration, player revolt, manager leaving etc

trouble in most fans eyes is not meeting expectations from finishing 5th etc I cannot see why a player, in this case Moutinho, would see Everton as in "trouble".

i see a club with 16 recognised players as trouble.

and have you not seen the bad press we've had? the media have been all over us, ceo leaving (good thing imo) and the clubs obvious lack of finances and the kirkby deal fall through in the press (again good thing imo) it all adds up. it may have a lot of media spin on it, but if you throw enough shit, some of it will stick.

This thread hasn't been used in days, and all of a sudden you appear after a few hours. You're a red wind up merchant in my opinion. You've been waiting for this thread to start again :rolleyes::blink:;)

hes defo portugese, or at least in portugal. we can search his ip address and his posts are coming from lisbon

Edited by StevO

i know, but doesn't mean i haven't been around reading. pretty much everything i tell you, you can check online at the portuguese sports sites. or you could, if you could read portuguese... ;)

But until you do sign him, you can check this and imagine it's him doing it for EFC:

32183.jpg

:D

i know, but doesn't mean i haven't been around reading. pretty much everything i tell you, you can check online at the portuguese sports sites. or you could, if you could read portuguese... ;)

But until you do sign him, you can check this and imagine it's him doing it for EFC:

32183.jpg

:D

He obviously enjoyed his last trophy as sporting captain - the next trophy he lifts will be in an everton shirt!!!

depends on what moyes has planned.

if he wants to save the season and play for mid-table or uefa spot, he'll loose the big signings and go for quantity instead of quality. i think it's pretty easy to find players out there for loan or for close to no cost that can fill in gaps and keep EFC above the line easily. players like tiago, hugo viana etc, who don't fit into their current teams plans and could easily fill in the gaps in midfield you guys have, and they'd cost virtually nothing to sign.

IF, however, he wants to aim higher, he'll need quality, and quality costs. The longer it takes, the more it's gonna cost, since it's no secret atm that EFC are in dire need of fresh blood. if he goes for quality, i sincerily doubt it's possible to sign 3 or 4, much less the 6 or 7 he mentioned he needs, so i see a very tough choice for moyes.

for ex, imagine you go for quality, and sign 3 top players, moutinho, m'bia and love (note this is an example, i know love's deal is pretty much dead). if you get another major injury, like the one you have now, you'll be short again, and strugling again. if you go for numbers you can compensate.

In all fairness, from JM's performances the previous season, he's an extraordinarily regular player. lsat season he didn't miss a single club game. that means no injuries, major or minor, no misses due to red or yellow cards, and i never saw him play badly. not always good or brilliant, but never badly. That boy is the definition of regularity, and, looking at both our squads atm, you definitly need him more than us. but like i said a few days ago, i doubt we'll give freebies...

Edited by Sporting4ever

I'm still waiting to see EFC paying the 25 million euro. Until they do, I'm pretty sure he'll be staying with us.

I'm still waiting to see EFC paying the 25 million euro. Until they do, I'm pretty sure he'll be staying with us.

well, we do have plenty of mid-field solutions this year, and we'd get a replacement fast enough, i believe Soares Franco has something already lined up in case they do. I think a bit like you do, but i don't discount the possibility that they will in fact pay it. They need him alot, at the moment. i hope he stays, i really want us to make a strong start this year, seeing as we play pretty much everyone in the 1st 6 weeks. I honestly think this is the best squad yet to challenge porto, and i'm sick of those tripeiros winning every fking year. ;)

a very good sensible post - I agree, forget about this guy, we can't be spending 17mil + on a single player particularly not one who may or may not be worth the price. let's get a couple of of cheaper signings and loans and bulk up the squad.

He's worth the money, as sporting fan will agree with. What's the point of getting cheaper signings if they don't improve the squad, Joao should be a priority, even if he's the only one.

He's worth the money, as sporting fan will agree with. What's the point of getting cheaper signings if they don't improve the squad, Joao should be a priority, even if he's the only one.

yeah i think he will be worth the money in the end, definately should be a priority

one question directed at sporting fan, how do actually pronounce his whole name???

yeah i think he will be worth the money in the end, definately should be a priority

one question directed at sporting fan, how do actually pronounce his whole name???

What do you mean? You don't have the sounds in the English. Listen to how the commentator pronounces it here

. Or tune in to Sporting's games in the Champions' League this season and wait for him to score! :rolleyes:

What do you mean? You don't have the sounds in the English. Listen to how the commentator pronounces it here
. Or tune in to Sporting's games in the Champions' League this season and wait for him to score! :rolleyes:

oh ok thanks for the video, it was more his first name i was confused about pronouncing

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-20601930/ Really wouldn't mind this 1 coming off. Thinks its great that where actually getting linked with these type of players.

Yeah but take a look at the date of that article its dated 2 months ago when the rumour surfaced and since we have seen nothing so its clear were not gonna get him

i've looked around the portuguese papers' sites, and the only thing i saw was that "A Bola" news that Everton gave up on him.

Seeing has they're benfica-sided paper, i tend to think it's true, and this may indeed be over.

there's a translated link in the other topic, on a post by storm.

jamie said there we're opposing reports in our press, but i couldn't find none.

http://www.correiomanha.pt/noticia.aspx?co...00-000000000214

Here is one of them. There is another report I read as well but can't seem to find it now. Its all paper talk rubbish though. I'm bored of this story now, just want it resolved, either way

Didn't spot that one. i really don't credit much on CM's hability to report news ;) anyways, what they say is that EFC bid €19M (~£15M), but that SCP don't want to negociate with anything bellow €22M (~£17,4M).

So it isn't a conflicting report, and it may be that EFC bid as much as they could, and we didn't take it.