IGNORED

Moutinho

All in all, a good replacement, and i think he'll do well. I think his major flaw (his foot work) is gonna improve imensely in the EPL, so now he just needs a proper aircut, cuz let's face it, those 80's curls.... ;)

his curls rock, scally chic!

he needs a partner in midfield, keep joao happy till then.

good luck, if you get the shite in the CL we will all be right behind you

i wonder where they got that comment from.

haven't seen anything about that down here.

Don't blame Everton for not trying, apparently Moutinho rejected a move to Everton. Moutinho although not ruling out a move to England (not Everton) he stated that he wished to remain at Sporting.

It seems Moutinho was using us to put himself in the sights of the top 4 clubs in England.

"It's true I was interested in going to Everton" "I never thought about another club" "I have a contract until 2013 and my body and soul is with Sporting"

"But who knows what might happen next season in terms of playing in England?" Makes sense doesnt it :rolleyes: I agree with you Mikel mate thats the impression i got aswell.

I dont think we will ever see this lad in an Everton shirt tbh and im not to botherd either alot of fuss for this lad which i think most of which is unjustified at present! plus the boys with the bigger wallets will come knocking next season and both Joao and Sporting will know that oh well at least we got Fellaini who seems to be from most accounts a diamond in the ruff.

Edited by EFC-Paul

i think this comment on his part is for internal consumption, if you ask me. Of course, i do thinks he plans on a move for a club with at least as much ambition as SCP, but the premier league isn't quite the same as the portuguese...

However, there's basically 2 types of players that sporting sells:

1- The guys that leave for big clubs, like figo, quaresma, simão, ronaldo and nanny. These, mostly turn out to be great players for their teams, influential in championships, etc.

2- The guys that leave for bigger leagues, but smaller clubs. these are almost too much to recount, but a few names are hugo viana, boa morte, ricardo, beto. for most of them, even if they have an impact on their team, that's as high as they go.

Moutinho clearly has the skill for grp 1, and while i'm not saying that everton are not a big club, take into account that the players i mentioned in grp 1 all went to barcelona and manchester united.

I think he wants to put this whole thing behind him and focus on the new season, BUT, i do think that if EFC come up with the money to take him, he'll go.

i think this comment on his part is for internal consumption, if you ask me. Of course, i do thinks he plans on a move for a club with at least as much ambition as SCP, but the premier league isn't quite the same as the portuguese...

However, there's basically 2 types of players that sporting sells:

1- The guys that leave for big clubs, like figo, quaresma, simão, ronaldo and nanny. These, mostly turn out to be great players for their teams, influential in championships, etc.

2- The guys that leave for bigger leagues, but smaller clubs. these are almost too much to recount, but a few names are hugo viana, boa morte, ricardo, beto. for most of them, even if they have an impact on their team, that's as high as they go.

Moutinho clearly has the skill for grp 1, and while i'm not saying that everton are not a big club, take into account that the players i mentioned in grp 1 all went to barcelona and manchester united.

I think he wants to put this whole thing behind him and focus on the new season, BUT, i do think that if EFC come up with the money to take him, he'll go.

All relevant points Sporting but you miss one big point......we were the only ones to come in for him :)

I'd just like to add my thanks to both the Sporting and Standard fans who have been on this forum for the last few weeks, great crowd and best of luck to both clubs in their respective leagues :rolleyes:

that is what i have said through out the summer about this lad. if he is so good why arent any other clubs intrested in him?

well, there was, just no one else came up with actual offers. i think that the fact we didn't go down from our set value for him caused others to back off. there was also a lot of interest in miguel veloso, but no one actually made an offer for him either, so...

I think there is no chance of us signing this lad in january, unless you boys have an absolutely disgraceful Champions League. After hearing that it was him that knocked us back, I reckon he'll be off to top 4 (or maybe Liverpool) or Italy/Spain next year!

Edited by DonKey

I think there is no chance of us signing this lad in january, unless you boys have an absolutely disgraceful Champions League. After hearing that it was him that knocked us back, I reckon he'll be off to top 4 (or maybe Liverpool) or Italy/Spain next year!

LOL.

well, if the belgian kid works out, i don't think u'll need him in january, unless you get more injuries (knock on wood). cuz i honestly can't see who'll take out to put him in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Everton are planning to relaunch a bid for 22-year-old Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Moutinho after having a £12m offer rejected in the summer. (Daily Star)

Imagine Arteta - Fellaini - Moutinho - Pienaar.

<_< :mellow:

Ha ha If its in the Daily Star it must be true!!!! :lol::lol:

If they wouldnt accept £16Million in the summer why would they accept £12Million in Jan and I doubt we will have that much to spend anyway?

I'd love him here but it's just not going to happen. We spent fuck all in the summer because we had fuck all (Fellaini was paid for with the Johnson and Faddy money) and I don't see how we'll have found money out of nowhere.

I just wonder why we all thought there was money available back in the summer :huh: ?

http://www.toffeetalk.com/Transfer-Budget-Sweep-t11743.html

if we are due to go for in for him again. then i say a january strike is necessary, as, he'll have the rest of the season where we dont expect much from him, but hopefully he show bits of talent, after which he gets a pre-season under his belt knows the squad inside out and we go on from this stronger.

if we are interested in the summer, i bet man city will suddenly be interested. (they are the new newcastle.)

• 2 months later...
Guest efctaxi

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl...l%3Den%26sa%3DX

"14/01/2009 FOOTBALL

Sporting Sporting

Moutinho de volta à agenda do Everton Moutinho's agenda back to Everton

A imprensa inglesa revela o Everton a preparar uma nova proposta pelo médio português durante o mercado de inverno. The British press reveals the Everton preparing a new proposal by the Portuguese during the middle of winter market.

David Moyes, treinador da equipa de Liverpool, tem como prioridade reforçar o meio campo depois de, durante o verão, o Sporting ter rejeitado uma proposta de 15 milhões de euros. David Moyes, manager of the team from Liverpool, has a priority to strengthen the field after a half, during the summer, Arsenal have rejected a proposed 15 million euros.

João Moutinho afirmou a semana passada que desconhecia o futuro em relação ao mercado de inverno pelo que a saída não está descartada. João Moutinho said last week know that the future for the market in the winter so the output is not discarded. "

Also on NSNO forum .

Thought this was a dead subject :huh:

Where would the money come from? If we have £15m (approx based on 1:1 exchange rates) then it's been the best guarded secret in history (not even DM knows!!!)

According to the Post, "A loan deal remains the more likely option although Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is working hard to release some funds for this month’s transfer window."

I love automatic translation..

"... the output is not discarded." :lol::lol: