IGNORED

Sanli Tuncay

I'm not going to pretend the Daily Mail is in any way reliable, but it's a link nonetheless.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1198104/THE-INSIDER-Toffees-target-Tuncay-Sir-Alex-land-angel-Gabriel-Carvalho-closes-Italian-job-Jose.html

I'd love to see him here, great combination of spirit and class, I think he'd work great with Pienaar and Arteta.

I think he's a great player, ability and work rate. I would go in around £5m, if we get him for that we can use him anywhere upfront, would be a great foil for Yak as he will run all day and cause defenders problems. Similar in effort to Vaughan, gave everthing for Middlesboro and scored some important goals. Deffo yes from me.

No from me.

He is a good player..but..we don't need him.

How can you say we dont need him? we have the Yak upfront, Vaughan is injured, Vic looks to be on his way out (hopefully), Jo might be in on loan, Cahill is a makeshift striker.

That leaves us with how many strikers?

There is also Saha here, and Vaughn is fit. Tuncay plays more of a secon striker though (similar to Cahill) not as an out an out forward. With him here there would be Yak, Jo, Saha, Cahill, Vaughn, Anichebe and even possibly Fellaini all going for the same spaces. With limited funds availbe for fees and wages it seems clear to me that signing Tuncay is no where near a priority. If we sign a RM and a RB and still have money left over then why not go for him, but he is not a priority signing at all.

How can you say we dont need him? we have the Yak upfront, Vaughan is injured, Vic looks to be on his way out (hopefully), Jo might be in on loan, Cahill is a makeshift striker.

That leaves us with how many strikers?

5 'strikers' you missed out Saha. Yakubu, Saha, Jo, Vaughan and Cahill...that makes 5 all fighting for a 4-5-1 position. so we dont need him :)

There is also Saha here, and Vaughn is fit. Tuncay plays more of a secon striker though (similar to Cahill) not as an out an out forward. With him here there would be Yak, Jo, Saha, Cahill, Vaughn, Anichebe and even possibly Fellaini all going for the same spaces. With limited funds availbe for fees and wages it seems clear to me that signing Tuncay is no where near a priority. If we sign a RM and a RB and still have money left over then why not go for him, but he is not a priority signing at all.

u got there 1st lol

Saha is also injury prone, you would be lucky to get a season out of Vaughan and Saha combined so you could class them as 1 striker, Jo hasnt signed yet, Yak is still not fit, nor is Vic and it looks like he could be on his way out, so whilst on paper we may have 5 strikers, in theory we dont. I agree that it would not be a priority signing but i still think he would add more value to our team/squad.

quote: Known for his passionate affinity with fans at his beloved Fenerbahçe SK, Tuncay has developed the same kind of relationship with the fans of Middlesbrough. His efforts aren't going unnoticed, with Middlesbrough supporters singing in his favour, "we've only got one player!" in reference to their admiration of his non-stop attitude.[6]

Tuncay's endless energy and passion shown during matches has won him many plaudits. In May 2009, Matt Le Tissier of Sky Sports acknowledged his performances: "If they [boro] had 11 Tuncay's they'd be in the top half of the table; this boy is quality, he works his socks off as well. He showed great technique with the overhead kick and was a great example for the rest of the team - it's just a shame there are not a few more like him in the side.[7]"

The 2008-09 season saw him pick up all four of the club's major awards for 2009: the Players Player of the Year, Garmin Player of the Year, the Middlesbrough FC Official Supporters’ Club Prize and the Terrace Legends Award. [8] He won the Player of the Year with a massive 75% of the vote.

Anyone who seen him play for Middlesboro could not have failed to have been impressed with him, can play winger, in the hole or up front. Given the lack of matches Saha, Vaughan and Yak played last year we could do with him - £4m is a snip, go on many a forum, Middlesboro fans rate him highly, similar player to Hunt but far better and more versatile.

Agreed hafnia, I think he's much more versatile than just a striker. I think he can play any attacking position, and like Pienaar he works so hard that if we were to play him on the wing he'd give great cover to the RB. I don't think he'll go for 5M though, I'd guess 8-10 but we'll see.

Agreed hafnia, I think he's much more versatile than just a striker. I think he can play any attacking position, and like Pienaar he works so hard that if we were to play him on the wing he'd give great cover to the RB. I don't think he'll go for 5M though, I'd guess 8-10 but we'll see.

Would love this guy to come Goodison. Great work ethic (love slipping words in that no one ever normally uses) :rolleyes: , can play just about anywhere, scores goals, sets them up and loves to loved by the fans. Players like that work their arses off!!

if we can get him for under 8m... snap your hand off. Already up to speed in the prem, no real settling in time, and can cover just about any of the attacking positions.