IGNORED

Lescott

Come on lads be reasonable!!!.....We have offered 18Mil for a lad who the rest of the country sees as being worth no more than 10 - 12Mil. We will probably end up offering 22Mil for him and Moyes will Reject it (fair enough, that's been his stance from the very begining, and i have nothing but respect for him for doing that)....BUT. To say 22Mil AND ONOUHA!!! thats not even funny...

I can understand you're upset about the whole thing. It would upset me if an important player at City put in a transfer request to join one of our rivals. But i think Nedum will probably be better than Lescott within a couple of years. and he has just signed a new 5 year deal to quench any rumors of him being part of this deal.

Jo and 5Mil would be fair (we payed 18mil for him) but of course that would leave you short at the back. But there is still just under 3 weeks to get someone in

I agree. I wish this farce was all over and we could all just move on.

I did not say £22m AND Onouha, as Onouha would only be a loan. Being realistic the only reason we have not accepted the Lescott offer is cos of the situ with Jags. Ergo, if we have could get short term cover as part of the deal we may be willing to let him go.

Is Onouha going to get a game for you lot before Jan - I doubt it

Guest TheBlueBoy

I did not say £22m AND Onouha, as Onouha would only be a loan. Being realistic the only reason we have not accepted the Lescott offer is cos of the situ with Jags. Ergo, if we have could get short term cover as part of the deal we may be willing to let him go.

Is Onouha going to get a game for you lot before Jan - I doubt it

Sorry you're right. i quoted the wrong fella. It was the post before you (the one you also commented on) which said Onouah or Richards as part of a deal.

I mean there is every chance both those two will be better than Lescott. Onouha was our best defender from Christmas onward last season so, yeah, i think he will be a big player for us this year. He's absolutley top class and i'd personaly have ten Lescotts before i'd lose Onouha.

I'm one of the many (probably the majority) of city fans who believe Lescott is a bit overated, and is defo not worth the silly money being quoted. I'd rather have Hangeland, Carvalho or Alex.

So now Joleon has asked for transfer, but its denied? Dunno anymore what we should do. Obv we cant sell him before we have him at least replaced, but i dont wanna see any1 who wants to leave in our shirt. If it will effect his attitude, it will certainly cost us plenty of goals :(

Come on lads be reasonable!!!.....We have offered 18Mil for a lad who the rest of the country sees as being worth no more than 10 - 12Mil. We will probably end up offering 22Mil for him and Moyes will Reject it (fair enough, that's been his stance from the very begining, and i have nothing but respect for him for doing that)....BUT. To say 22Mil AND ONOUHA!!! thats not even funny...

I can understand you're upset about the whole thing. It would upset me if an important player at City put in a transfer request to join one of our rivals. But i think Nedum will probably be better than Lescott within a couple of years. and he has just signed a new 5 year deal to quench any rumors of him being part of this deal.

Jo and 5Mil would be fair (we payed 18mil for him) but of course that would leave you short at the back. But there is still just under 3 weeks to get someone in

What is your evidence that Lescott is only worth £10m-12m?

Last I saw Man City bid £18m so Lescott's worth is £18m - an asset is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

What is your evidence that Lescott is only worth £10m-12m?

Last I saw Man City bid £18m so Lescott's worth is £18m - an asset is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I agree... whats the evidence of that comment? You have to look at what the player offers.. not just what you or some bloke down the pub thinks he is worth.

You offered £28m for Terry - 29, bad back, one position, 2 goals a season. But very important to Chelsea for his leadership.

If you examine Lescott, to us he is 27, plays two positions at international level, scores on average 8 goals a season for us, and so in short is like 2 defenders and a good midfielder in goal return. To a side like us that is priceless. If you want to buy him, you have to satisfy us that we can replace what we lose... which would effectively be 2 defenders... and someone who can get 8 goals. So I think he is def worth 22m if Hangeland is gonna cost 10 - 12 and that Naughton chap, untried in the prem was 6m...

I agree with you that 22m and Onouha (who's just signed a 5 year deal) is a farcial offer. I personally think that Everton would go for something like 15 + Richards or maybe 22 on its own. The problem here is not what Lescott's true value is but what is value to us is at the moment. We are not going to sell for his "true" value as we are not in a situation to do such a thing. To sell him would leave only Yobo as a fit centre back, whom goes to ACN in January. We will only take a stupid;y inflatted offer in terms of his talent because of the dilema that we are putting ourselves in. We are not in a strong situation to sell, this is why we are looking for a huge price to sell. The numbers banded around may not be his real value, but Everton and Moyes need alot more than this valuation to begin to make it worth our while and take the risk to sell such a valuabel player to our squad right now. This is busness at the end of the day, risk and profitablity is a huge factor that needs to be considered.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Do you think Jolean is going to be as effective now his head has been turned?

I wonder how professional he is?

Surely he will be annoyed by Moyes denying his request?

I can't remember players that have been made to stay and have continued to play well.

Must be better to let him go and take the cash?

Taoure and Gareth Barry had fantastic seaosons last year....... both turned by the dark side now though....

Thought occurred to me this morning; if City are serious about becomming the "biggest" club in the world then they're going to need a bigger stadium aren't they?

They're 30,000ish down on Real, United and Milan (Napoli, Dortmund and Galatasaray as well incidentally) and 50,000 short of Barcelona.

Can the CoM be developed or are there plans to move?

The other thing is that if they want to be the "best" in the world (rather than the biggest) then they're going to need to get a better center-back pairing than Lescott and Toure....sooner rather than later. I wonder if Joleon's thought of that?

£100m bids for Ferdinand, Terry & Vidic in Jan maybe? £250,000/£300,000 a week each? J-Lo could end up spending a lot of time on the bench.....but never mind, he'll have his bank statement to comfort him.

My thoughts exactly.......

another little fact I heard the other day......... Santa Cruz has never scored more than 10 League goals in a prem season....... 17m well spent

IF an a big IF city get 4th then it will be diffrent, ALL the big names will come because of CL, if they don't they be stuck, picking up mercaniers, like Barry an Lescott, who only see pound signs.

If Lescott goes an they get 4th, then they buy 2 big name defenders an Lescott will be out on his ear.

Its what I keep saying..... 5 clubs after (need) 4 places.... This season could be the most exciting yet..... what effect does this have when the big four were more or less GAURANTEED champions league football EVERY SEASON....

Maybe why Non of them have splashed out BIG this summer.....

What would a season or two out of the big four do to these teams?????????

You SMUG little Bastard

Edited by StevO

"......irrespective of whatever the player feels" he said.

It could mean the following

- EFC does not respect players' feelings....In directly he is hinting to Lescott that EFC does not bother about his feelings and will force him to stay

- It purely reflects his character, as he does not bother about his players feelings.....

City's $$$ does not gurantee success for sure...and its beautiful to see most other club fans are standing by EFC in this issue...sure they love us when we stuck the middle finger at them!!

It's laughable itsn't it. Moyes has consistantly said he does not want and will not sell. He then rejects a transfer request. Yet Hughes believes that still publically decalring that he is chasing Lescott constitutes as some decorum of respect.

Exactly, hence why Lescott and Hughes would make a lovely couple! It's amazing to hear how arrogant Hughes has become regarding transfers this summer, as they say you reap what you sow so he better pray their backers don't back out. Would be even more funny if he got sacked by Christmas, very funny indeed.

I just wish the saga ends with Lescott going and us getting at least four players in.

Exactly, hence why Lescott and Hughes would make a lovely couple! It's amazing to hear how arrogant Hughes has become regarding transfers this summer, as they say you reap what you sow so he better pray their backers don't back out. Would be even more funny if he got sacked by Christmas, very funny indeed.

I just wish the saga ends with Lescott going and us getting at least four players in.

and all by tomorrow lunchtime :lol:

If Lescott plays on Saturday..... (Im sure he will have picked up a KNOCK) What reception do you think he will get?

Im still hoping that he's picked up some sort of cock flesh eating disiese while in Holland but for the sake of the blues....

I hope it doesnt fall off until Sunday :lol: sooo no Boos from me.....

There are rumours on another site that Lescott will have to go if Moyes wants a transfer kitty.

http://members.boardhost.com/peoplesforum/msg/1250161169.html

Could you have found a more shity site with a more shity story...... But Im guessing that this fits with your own thinking...... and everyone likes a chance to do some Bill Bashing...... directly or not...

Few thoughts on this now rather tiring subject!

Those hoping Hughes gets the sack by christmas....He wont be bothered! he will pick up millions from his contract and he can blame the players for not performing.He will also walk into another managers job, with the sob story that everything was stacked against him in the first place, so I can't see him being to worried.

Mentioned above was the Terry saga.....29 years old, bad back, doesn't score many, price about £30 million.Lescott.....27 two dodgy knees, kinda overated price £22 million.

Point being....How much for a central defender early 20's good knees and back who can score goals and dominate the defence......I'm sure city will find him and bully the player and club to sell :rolleyes:

I'm amazed no-one's picked up on this...

"We are still trying to speak to the people that will ultimately make the decision on whether or not the deal continues,"

Translates as, "I don't give a fuck what Moyes says and we're trying to go over his head," doesn't it? Prick.

I'm amazed no-one's picked up on this...

Translates as, "I don't give a fuck what Moyes says and we're trying to go over his head," doesn't it? Prick.

In fairness, that is precisely what they should do. Its a club/board decision whether to sell or not. Its up to our Board to decide how much notice they take of the manager - and in fairness to them they have backed him all the way so far. We don't need to get too wound up about this, City are entitled to bid and keep bidding, we're entitled to answer however we want and journalists have newspapers to sell.

Sell him. Good player & professional for us, but its now a distraction. Sell him and genuinely reinvest the money in the squad.

The thing is i can't see Moyes selling him until January unless he has somebody lined up aswell as Senderos but surely he would have got somebody in already if that was the case. I'm just happy at the minute Jags is injured because he is by far the outstanding defender at our club and City would probably be after him. The way im feeling is sell for 22million get senderos for about 4 million and maybe Sharner for about 6 million? Can play centre half and centre mid if needs must then you have the rest to play with.

In fairness, that is precisely what they should do. Its a club/board decision whether to sell or not.

Quite possibly, but the point is (that Hughes is obviously having a dig at) that it's Moyes who has publicly been the one who's turned down the bids. His new contract pretty plainly stipulates that he has say-so on all transfers....of course the board could sell behind his back but they'd very quickly be looking for a new manager as well as a new center-back.

Bit of envy from Hughes perhaps that he doesn't have anywhere near the same level of control as DM does?

Guest TheBlueBoy

Taoure and Gareth Barry had fantastic seaosons last year....... both turned by the dark side now though....

My thoughts exactly.......

another little fact I heard the other day......... Santa Cruz has never scored more than 10 League goals in a prem season....... 17m well spent

Its what I keep saying..... 5 clubs after (need) 4 places.... This season could be the most exciting yet..... what effect does this have when the big four were more or less GAURANTEED champions league football EVERY SEASON....

Maybe why Non of them have splashed out BIG this summer.....

What would a season or two out of the big four do to these teams?????????

You SMUG little Bastard

MMmmm...Nice.

Don't believe a word of this, Mirror have simply read the Hughes quote the same way I did and embellished it...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-go-over-head-of-David-Moyes-to-sign-Everton-defender-Joleon-Lescott-article113925.html

Completely inconceivable that he'd be sold against Moyes' wishes, Davey would be out of the door.

I don't see this at all!!!! ha ha.

So apparently now Man City are employing 2 'super negotiators' to 'respectfully' talk BK and Earl into selling. REALLY?!?!?

Joorabchian is a massive egotist from what I've seen in interviews etc and I think would be highly unlikely to work with someone else if it wasn't to his own major benefit.

I agree on the fact that Moyes would be out the door if this were go ahead behind his back.

Guest TheBlueBoy

If things move very fast and he signs for City tomorrow. And he lines up in a Sky blue shirt instead of a Dark blue one on Saturday, How will most Everton fans react in your opinion fellas???

Sad, Angry.....Not bothered, Calm ???

I really don;t care if he stays or goes it's a win win situation for everton f.c.. If he stays we have an international player that has proven to be great when paired with Jags. If he leaves we get a lot of money to improve the squad and when Jags comes back he'll just make the person he's paired with look just as good as Lescott. Jags is the rock in the back not Lescot thank goodness he's hurt and no one wants him.