IGNORED

Lescott

Guest efctaxi

I think he is more than happy at Everton .

City had a good game today , buy their still relegation material untill Hughes sorts them out , if in fact he does .

There was a time I would have been disappointed had City been relegated , but after they treated Sven that way , who imho was easily the best manager they could have hoped for , plus the cash injection , my evil side wouldn't lose any sleep if they fell :P

If Sven had been given the same money , I think it would be a totally different scenario for them this year .

City fan pal of mine reckons that it's all over their fansites Lescott going for £10m PLUS Jo!!!!

Bearing in mind that they signed Jo for £18m 3 months ago that is one heck of a lot for a Centre Back/ Left Back. Granted, Jo hasn't shown to be worth £18m but even so... lot of money and if Moyes has people lined up for CB this could be good business.

Can't see Jo being involved personally (unless on loan???) but Lescott continues to complain at having to play LB (the position he got into the England squad playing in) so maybe he wants to jump ship for a big pay day. Saying that, once Richards is fit, he and Dunne will be City's first choice centre back partnership so he'll probably end up fighting with Michael Ball for their left back space :lol:

I cant understand why anybody would be in favour of this move. Joleon has been back to his best over the past month

and we cant afford to lose him.

Nuno is out for the season an Yobo has a hamstring injury which means we have no cover at centre back or left back at the moment as it is

If we let him go it would be a clear sign that we have no ambition what so ever

rodwell an gosling both can play centre half aswell.

wud be v.good move 4 us financially

Neither of them are ready to play week in week out in the Prem and Gosling is not a centre back anyway

It would make no sense financially because we would need to then buy a left back and a centre back and have two sets of wages to stump up for as well

Neither of them are ready to play week in week out in the Prem and Gosling is not a centre back anyway

It would make no sense financially because we would need to then buy a left back and a centre back and have two sets of wages to stump up for as well

Have u forgotten about leighton Baines who sits on the bench week in and week out waiting for his chance? And by the way Rodwell isnt far away from being capable to play week in week out.

goslings lookin v.good in las 2 matches, looks ready enough 4 1st team football all the time. Rodwell has been a 1st team regular this season. We already hav a better left back anyway in baines. if we get anythink over £10 mil for are 3rd best centre half, i dont see any reason not to let him go.

Have u forgotten about leighton Baines who sits on the bench week in and week out waiting for his chance? And by the way Rodwell isnt far away from being capable to play week in week out.

No I havent!! If we sell Lescott, Baines comes in at LB Yobo & Jags in the middle and then as I stated we have then got no cover at LB or CB

The few times Rodwell has played hes been in midfield so he is still untried as a CB in the Prem so to let Lescott go for £10M would be a massive backward step

goslings lookin v.good in las 2 matches, looks ready enough 4 1st team football all the time. Rodwell has been a 1st team regular this season. We already hav a better left back anyway in baines. if we get anythink over £10 mil for are 3rd best centre half, i dont see any reason not to let him go.

I agree Gosling has done well but he is not a CB so its immaterial , Rodwell has been playing in midfield an hasnt been a regular he has been a fringe player

Can't see the point in this thread myself? :huh:

Lescott isn't going anywhere, again the panic and frustration of the first couple of months has ebbed and like most of the squad Lescott has dialled up his game and is now playing at his best. Our squad is thin enough as it is so Moyes won't consider selling a utility player like Lescott, not least when we don't have another centre half spare and he is already doing invaluable work, shown from the fact that we have kept 4 clean sheets in the last 4 games.

Besides, 10 mil and Jo? What are you stoned? A striker they paid 18 mil for plus 10 mil, so effectivley 28 mil..........for Lescott? :blink::blink::blink:

Guest efctaxi

It would be a very dangerous thing for us to do , and a replacement of the same quality would cost much more .

When I think about it , our squad is so small , that I look at every player , with only a few exceptions , as key / essential players .

I would rather not buy a striker , than sell our midfield or even defensive players .

£10 million is a joke offer in todays dealings .

Guest efctaxi

It might also work in our favour .

Arsenal being admirers of him won't do his confidence any harm , and might make him raise his game further , and possibly a similar scenario for Lescott .

Let's hope their hearts ( and their heads ) remain blue during the hype window .