IGNORED

Lescott

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

HUGHES IN £12M MIK BID

EXCLUSIVE

By Alan Nixon

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes is lining up a £12million move for Everton's stylish Spanish star Mikel Arteta.

Hughes, armed with the financial power of the Abu Dhabi Group, will make a formal offer in the next few days.

Arteta is officially unavailable according to Everton but Hughes will test that resolve with a bid and hopes to turn the player's head with a deal worth around £75,000-a-week.

It is the latest show of Hughes's spending strength - and could be one of a handful of captures this month.

You never know, City are looking shite at the back and we're skint.

If they come in with mad money then we may be forced to sell. And with Lescott getting miffed with his position then he could be forced into a move. If we are going to sell Lescott then we would have to do it quickly to get a replacement. If we get silly money for him then we could maybe replace Joloen will half the money and spend the other half on a striker (e.g - 10 million on a defender and 10 million on Vagner Love?) I woulden't want to see him leave but he dosen't have to stay either. We will see when the offer comes in what to do.

If they come in with mad money then we may be forced to sell. And with Lescott getting miffed with his position then he could be forced into a move. If we are going to sell Lescott then we would have to do it quickly to get a replacement. If we get silly money for him then we could maybe replace Joloen will half the money and spend the other half on a striker (e.g - 10 million on a defender and 10 million on Vagner Love?) I woulden't want to see him leave but he dosen't have to stay either. We will see when the offer comes in what to do.

:lol:

Do you honestly believe that Moyes would be given the full £20million?

He'd get half at best.

we should just come out and say - if you want him, we want £40m or something stupid. if city are prepared to pay it with their zillions of quids then bite their hands off, if they have any sense and they're not prepared to pay it then fook off! same with arteta...

Guest efctaxi
we should just come out and say - if you want him, we want £40m or something stupid. if city are prepared to pay it with their zillions of quids then bite their hands off, if they have any sense and they're not prepared to pay it then fook off! same with arteta...

Maybe they already have .

We all know how close Moyes keeps his cards to his chest .

The papers today are reporting a £22 million bid for lescott. I would take it. We have baines and could by Berra (hearts) for £3 mill. that leaves us £19 mill to beef up the squad

If £22m is true, then every player has his price - I love Joleon but that is silly money, saying that I'd only be happy if moyes has players in mind now, £22m without replacement is no good to us now, we may as well hold out til summer but £22m to be spent on a centre back (maybe berra), a striker, a winger, a battler for the middle and maybe a bit of change for the summer, now that would be fine by me.

I know getting a lot of players in jan can be unsettling, but none need to go straight in, we have a ready made replacement in yobo for lescott, we'd just run the risk of being caught short should we not get players in immediately with a couple of injuries.

In a perfect world I'd wish us to have a bit of money to strengthen our team who could push-on and worry the top 4 this season, but we don't and this MAY be too good to turn down.

If £22m is true, then every player has his price - I love Joleon but that is silly money, saying that I'd only be happy if moyes has players in mind now, £22m without replacement is no good to us now, we may as well hold out til summer but £22m to be spent on a centre back (maybe berra), a striker, a winger, a battler for the middle and maybe a bit of change for the summer, now that would be fine by me.

I know getting a lot of players in jan can be unsettling, but none need to go straight in, we have a ready made replacement in yobo for lescott, we'd just run the risk of being caught short should we not get players in immediately with a couple of injuries.

In a perfect world I'd wish us to have a bit of money to strengthen our team who could push-on and worry the top 4 this season, but we don't and this MAY be too good to turn down.

I completely agree. I would love to keep Lescott and be able to add more faces. If he is to go, it needs to be quick so we can spend the money. We don't want another rooney situation where we sell on deadline day and don't have any time to bring in replacements

• 2 months later...

Was going to make this a topic to..

I think Everton isn't going to be arteta's last club, so a good price is considerable.

Lescott isn't unmissable. with yobo, jagielka, and according to many on this forum, rodwell, we aren't short on replacements in the centre back.

25 million for them both is too little, make it 35 million and it's considerable for me.

Considering the size of city's pockets and that they will (potentially) be one of our main rivals next season I think £35mil is much nearer the mark. We could get Moutinho, Love and another defender for that, maybe even have enough left over with whatever kitty is available to get a nice speedy winger of the Arsharvin mould.

I don't like giving our best players to teams fighting for them same spot as us but with the amount of stupid money that city are likely to spend, I don't why we couldn't take a slice of that pie. But it'd have to be serious money though.

If it was Yobo instead of Lescott... hmmmmm id have a serious think about it.... I think we need to make keeping hold of Jags and Lescott our top prority this summer.....

If replaced Id let Arteta go.. just because i can see him wanting away in a year or two anyway

Guest efctaxi

If it is £25 million plus Jo , then that's a decent offer when you consider how much we paid for them both , and how much City paid for Jo .

I said this might happen a few months ago , and it ruffled a few feathers , but now it seems I might have been nearer the mark than I first thought . :huh:

Arteta might never be the same player after his injury , and Lescott is certainly replaceable .

It's not a million miles from being a fair price .

If it's not including Jo , then we need a little more .