IGNORED

Lescott

Been informed today by a man city fan that they have placed a bid for lescott. around 8 mill and Jo and APPARENTLY everton are thinking about it. this is the noise around one of the forums, not sure which one.

I dont really see this happening id much rather keep lescott over nearly every other player. he hasnt looked his best this year but when your standing next to jags and the season he's had ANYONE wouldnt look as good. Hopefully when Jags is fit again they will have the chance to carry on there trophy winning partnership.

Been informed today by a man city fan that they have placed a bid for lescott. around 8 mill and Jo and APPARENTLY everton are thinking about it. this is the noise around one of the forums, not sure which one.

I dont really see this happening id much rather keep lescott over nearly every other player. he hasnt looked his best this year but when your standing next to jags and the season he's had ANYONE wouldnt look as good. Hopefully when Jags is fit again they will have the chance to carry on there trophy winning partnership.

BIG 1st post! ???'s over mrfen already. If it happens you'll be the info man, but your probably another AlexNyarko with the inside sauce at GP or should I say HP!

Guest efctaxi

If they've placed a bid for Lescott , and offered £8 million plus Jo , then they will probably pay up to £15 million plus Jo if they want him enough .

For £15mill plus Jo , I would bite their hand off .

Guest efctaxi

I figured the Lescott / Arteta thread had gone a bit off topic , so have started a new one , as the Lescott rumour mill is on full steam ahead at the moment .

I was hoping I might be wrong when I said Lescott would go a long time ago , but there is no smoke without fire so to speak .

£18 million , and let Lescott decide ?

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/105...to-sign-Lescott

Micah Richards as part of package ?

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3474...p-priority.html

I think Lescott is a great player for us considering the cost in which he came to us and how well he has developed since coming here but offers of that size will be to much for this club to turn down in my eyes.

Take that fee and add a couple of million to it and we could really bolster the squad and bring in enough players to set us for Europe and so on, For £18mil i would take it and i would be very surprised if Joleon refused a double your money deal aswell.

I really don't want Joleon to leave for a number of reasons, firstly his impact since arriving at the club has been amazing, not only has he been a quality defender but also some of his goals have proved extremely vital for us. Also the idea of him going to Man City does not make me happy, as I hate the thought they could be better than us in the next few seasons all due to money :angry: So whilst that fee is a very good fee for Joleon, I would still like to keep him as I believe he will play an important part in the next few seasons for us

Add 10m to that fee for 28m + Richards, deal done.

stop dreaming, 18 million is the best we are going to get for him.

if the first article is true, He's gone. 18 million would be enough to find a more then decent replacement.

if he goes, he's only going for money

Can you blame him for that? and i don't think he is going only for the money, Manchester city aren't planning on finishing 10th again.

although i would love to keep lescott an £18 million offer would be hard to turn down. i.m sure with this type of money DM would find a good enough replacement and leave some change to go back in for moutinho.

on the other hand i would also say yes to a swap deal including micah richards, michael johnson and possibly Jo on loan for another year

18 Million + Micah Richards and Jo (on loan if need be).

Micah Richards is cover and is tall, Moyes could mould him into a Centre Back.

The 18 Million can then buy (well a share of it could buy)

- Kyle Naughton for Right Back back up.

- Joe Ledley

- Possibly M'bia

Would work IMO. But City won't do it with Richards and Jo :( - but they sure do need a quality centre back...

But I think of it this way. I would lose Lescott to have just Kyle Naughton, Joe Ledley, M'Bia and more cash left over. Imagine if City were dumb and added Jo + Richards?

Edited by `Moe Joe.

Tell City to fcuk off, Lescott is OUR quality player and that shouldnt change just because City have money! Does me head in this, teams thinkin they can get who they want just down to cash! Weve just got rid of Newcastle and now City have started!

Friend of mine is big city fan, says Richards is a disgrace and is not the player people outside of city think he is. Add to that a bad attitude and it's a no from me. If they want Lescott £20m, straight cash, - get our buys first though so we don't pay premiums and use lescott money as an I.O.U....

18 Million + Micah Richards and Jo (on loan if need be).

Micah Richards is cover and is tall, Moyes could mould him into a Centre Back.

The 18 Million can then buy (well a share of it could buy)

- Kyle Naughton for Right Back back up.

- Joe Ledley

- Possibly M'bia

Would work IMO. But City won't do it with Richards and Jo :( - but they sure do need a quality centre back...

But I think of it this way. I would lose Lescott to have just Kyle Naughton, Joe Ledley, M'Bia and more cash left over. Imagine if City were dumb and added Jo + Richards?

Richards & Jo are crap so I wouldnt go near that deal

Also if we sold Lescott for £18M and replaced him with the 3 players you suggested we would have to play until December with only one CB

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Richards & Jo are crap so I wouldnt go near that deal

Also if we sold Lescott for £18M and replaced him with the 3 players you suggested we would have to play until December with only one CB

i think thats a bit over the top that mate. 12 months ago richards was rated at £20 million and on of the best defenders in england and Jo proved that he has the potential to score 15-20 prem league goals a season given a good run like he had at everton. if both these players were brought in early they would get a good pre season learning how to play the moyes way. don't get me wrong i would prefer to keep lescott and bring these playersz in but thats never going to happen

on top of that richards can play centre back(has done for city and england), rodwell is actually a centre back playing midfield and i think jagielka will be back before december!

Edited by jayc3

I can't stress it enough. Jo would be a key player for Everton if he stayed. He beats the offside trap and catches our hoofballs well, he drops back and helps the powerful midfield of Pienaar, Arteta and Fellaini push forward. He has a knack for getting into 1 v 1 positions but it is just his finishing which lets him down, but that would come with time. If he had the finishing of Yakubu Jo would have had at least 10 goals for us. If he trains with Yakubu...........

Richards is strong and would fit in well with Yobo and Jagielka, he and Jagielka would push for that England squad and would be good company for each other. Actually, Richards and Jagielka would be quite the pairing in my opinion.

I can't stress it enough. Jo would be a key player for Everton if he stayed. He beats the offside trap and catches our hoofballs well, he drops back and helps the powerful midfield of Pienaar, Arteta and Fellaini push forward. He has a knack for getting into 1 v 1 positions but it is just his finishing which lets him down, but that would come with time. If he had the finishing of Yakubu Jo would have had at least 10 goals for us. If he trains with Yakubu...........

no, he doesnt.

if lescott goes to double his money, fair enough, i'd do the same. its just a job at the end of the day.

Not to sound funny but people need to pull their head out of the clouds to be honest:

18 Million + Micah Richards and Jo

Not in a million years would that happen Lescott is good but he is far from world class and thats the type off offer a world class player would command the £18mil alone is a great offer that will more then likely never to happen again.

Lescott is OUR quality player and that shouldnt change just because City have money! Does me head in this, teams thinkin they can get who they want just down to cash!

Well from as far as im aware thats how football transfers are conducted with money? regardless of how much they have in the bank. If clubs like City are willing to pay big fee's then so beit it will only benifit the clubs who they pay as we all know throwing a team together with money does not work in most cases.

I dont want to lose Lescott as he is a good player but we have to look at the potential this sale could have for this club in the longer run, We could buy a good RB a good RW and also a couple of other cover/squad players as we should have some cash to add to that to build up our squad if people really want this club to move forward and have a realistic chance in Europe and so on then sadly this in my view is the only way to take us one step closer, if Moyes has full control of the money gained.

Edited by EFC-Paul

i think thats a bit over the top that mate. 12 months ago richards was rated at £20 million and on of the best defenders in england

But since then his form has dipped remarkably and he has been involved in various off the field incidents has put loads of weight on and dropped way down the pecking order. Moyse likes to do his research and likes to sign a player who has the right mental attributes and he definitely doesnt fit the bill

i think jagielka will be back before december!

Well thats not what the medical staff at Everton are saying so unless you have some inside info!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

totaly agree with you there.but i read somewhere that an 18 million deal with jo thrown in.sounds a good deal considering how much they payed for him.dm is always liked jo.would sort out our sriking options and mabey get a deal done for moutinio and some change for a decent centre back..i dont know just looking at both sides of the coin..lescott would be badly missed hes is a quality player..but for that deal what would you do?