IGNORED

Lescott

Guest efctaxi
lol I just dont see why you cant see in Lescott what you see in other Everton players!

You seem hell bent on getting rid of Lescott so who do you suggest we should replace him with? Bearing in mind Lescott also provides cover for left back dont forget you will probably have to sign another left back as well

Lol , NO , I don't want rid of him , but I think he will be sold :lol:

When asked which club he supported , he didn't seem to even remember he played for us lmao :D

As for cover , don't have a bloody clue . :lmaosmiley:

Everton’s Lescott rules out Arsenal or Man City moveMay - 25 - 2009

Both Arsenal and Man City have been linked with the Everton defender Joleon Lescott this weekend, but the 26 year-old is adamant that he will be staying at Goodison Park and helping his team to break into the top four in the near future.

“It flatters me but I’m focused on my job here and I don’t need distractions,” Lescott said yesterday.

“I want to be part of Everton’s future.

“I’m sure he manager will look to bring in more this summer. He’s done well in recent years.

“This year it was Marouane Fellaini, who’s been outstanding. You can see where the club is going.

“Next season we will have all our injured players back. Phil Jagielka, Mikel Arteta and Yakubu will be like three new signings.

“It’s important to keep everyone together because we’re really not that far behind the top four.”

OK - this post contains no factual information whatsoever and is based solely on snippets of conversation I overheard on Sunday so take with whatever amount of salt you like :D

I get the odd free ticket to see Reading or Fulham through a work connection and it usually includes a bit of grub and some drinks before/after the match. The chance of a ticket to see my beloved Toffees play on Sunday came up so I grabbed it. The two chaps sat opposite me were football agents representing players from both Fulham and Everton (Baines was the only name I caught) and to be honest they were stereotypical football agents - slimy, arrogant pricks. But they were chatting between themselves about various players and deals and I heard snippets of a conversation that revolved around "Joleen will be at City", "Hughes will get who he wants this summer, no matter what the cost, he'll get who he wants", etc. One of them was quite adamant about this deal but I'm not sure about this because:

1) They were assholes (declining to even try and get some Everton signatures for a 10 year old blind, disabled Everton fan who my missus works with - nice style :angry: )

2) I got the impression that they were trying to out-knowledge each other (if you know what I mean).

3) See above post.

So its most likely a load of b*llocks, just thought I'd share. I hope he stays. I think J-Lo knows that he's in the middle of a revolution at Everton and if he does stay he'll be in with a good shout at some silverware and be playing for a team that works the right way on all levels - whether its how we instill a certain work ethic in the players to how we give young and new players a chance to how the manager behaves in the press - right across the board Everton are seen as a stand-up club and I think he'll want to be a part of that. Just my tuppence worth.

And as terrible as it was watching the Everton fans celebrate whilst being stuck with a load of Fulham tw*ts I could at least take solace in their misery when each goal went in!

Roll on Sunday.

Interesting insight into the world of the slimeball agent, but they're so disconnected from any aspect of the game (other than money) I'd take their opinion with a Siberian salt mine :) .

Roll on Sunday.

What's happening on Sunday :huh: ?

Tons of Lescott to City rumours around this morning.

With the amount of money city are going to throw around, I wonder if that is going to change the market?

I mean if we get £15m for Lescott then what will be that actually buy us? Clubs will know we we have money and the going rate for players will have increased.

City have given Gareth Barry £130k a week! That's more than Lampard and the same as Ronaldo. Crazy.

Tons of Lescott to City rumours around this morning.

With the amount of money city are going to throw around, I wonder if that is going to change the market?

I mean if we get £15m for Lescott then what will be that actually buy us? Clubs will know we we have money and the going rate for players will have increased.

City have given Gareth Barry £130k a week! That's more than Lampard and the same as Ronaldo. Crazy.

That is crazy.

And 15 million for lescoot is too. will be hard to keep if they really offer that.

why would he want to go to City? sure they got loads of money, but that doesn't make a team. He in europe with Everton an City arn't. The only reason he would leave is for cash. An i'd reather have lescott then Jo anyday

The more teams who want him the better .

If he goes , he will go anyway , and if he stays , then he will stay .

At least if he does go , he will go for a decent sum .

I think we should hold out for a kaka'esque sum...£56m sounds nice :lol::lol::lol:

I would not want to lose Lescott as he has done a great job for us over the last couple of seasons but as Taxi says if he goes he goes and if that club where City then i would take full advantage of them and drain as much out of them as possible, If true and they really want him im not sure he will stay lets face it loyalty is a different breed in todays game and im sure most on here would take a job on if they offer you double your money or something similar.

He is far from irreplaceable though and anything over £15 mil is a good return and a suitable replacement could be found for a lesser fee Bassong from Newcastle is a great young player who would be pretty cheap.

I heard Arteta being linked with Villa now Barry has gone to City

Hope we can keep them both don't want to sell our best players, we don't need the money and we need to build on last season. Ripping the squad apart isn't going to help. Replacements for the two would be far to much hassle especially when we need to be concentrating on other positions

No deal thank you Moyes :D

Newcastle have slapped a 15 million fee on Bassong. We could have got him last season when we were linked

Fifthteeeen millll cheeky buggers only paid £500.000 last season for him oh well good player who i doubt will stay and very much doubt will go at that price that club need a reality check but i suppose big clubs in the championship can do so ;)

I don't doubt that they could afford him (if they really wanted to), but it's just down to squad dynamics.

Who would they get rid of? Start of the season, I would've said Ireland, but he's been probably one of their best performers.

Apart from that, I've mentioned before that I don't think Spud will be fully fit until after the transfer window. I had my cruciate done in August last year, and it's still not 100%. He'll have better treatment and rehab, but still.....

I don't doubt that they could afford him (if they really wanted to), but it's just down to squad dynamics.

Who would they get rid of? Start of the season, I would've said Ireland, but he's been probably one of their best performers.

Apart from that, I've mentioned before that I don't think Spud will be fully fit until after the transfer window. I had my cruciate done in August last year, and it's still not 100%. He'll have better treatment and rehab, but still.....

They're selling Elano though.