IGNORED

Lescott

a bit worrying.

I think Moyes would be very reluctant to accept an offer of 10 or 12mill but I think Arteta would be very keen to go so that he could play the kind of football he wants to play with like minded players and manager.

However on the other side of it for Arteta, he'd be Fabregas replacement so would only have a couple of months guaranteed in the side before probably dropping to the bench.

He's played pretty well this season though his crosses from open play and free kicks are very hit or miss and he can slow the game too much at times when were needing pace.

But there's no way i'd want us to lose him, he works hard all over the pitch, the good deliveries are very good, he can talk the language of every football player we hae and may buy in the future and as has been said we wouldn't be able to replace him for anywhere near that price, especially with someone proven in the Premiership.

I dont think there is much in this. Has he not said he wants a creative midfielder and a holding midfielder? It is pretty obvious the creative midfielder he wants is Arshavin, and although Our Teta has been playing in a more holding role for us recently, i wouldnt say that is what he is renowned for.

Albeit it is rather worrying.

of course wenger wants someone already routined for the premier league, the seasoning arteta has is worth more at this stage, since he wants someone to play immediately, not someone that needs adjusting to weather and pace and all that. If he goes abroad, he risks getting someone that, by the time they're settled in, fabregas is back. Would be a stupid move to let him go, if wenger wants him so badly, make him pay dearly for him.

as for a defensive mid-fielder, wenger hs had his eyes on Miguel Veloso for some time now, but isn't willing to pay for the goods, so he's still here...

However, how is that 6+5 rule going on over there? Wenger especially must be foaming at the mouth because of it...

From an Arsenal Forum

corkeosaurus - Anyway on the subject of arteta hes a good player who has had some great seasons. If we were gunna go after arshavin y not arteta. Hes the same age, would take no time to settle in as he know the PL. spect he would cost the same as him, out of the two i would go for arteta but cant see it happening tho.

So100

It looks like he will be leaving Everton this summer with Atletico Madrid being the current linked destination. A fantastic player who would no doubt be an great replacement for Pleb. Don't think he is too old (27?) and can certainy retain the ball......very skilled player Maybe an Eboue swap deal.............

AllArsenal1886

Funny enough.. I don't think Everton would say no to Eboue.. In fact i reckon at least 10 teams would snapp up Eboue if he was avalible at the right price.. I think he would walk into at least half the teams in the Prem

Reverand Gooner

I think Arteta is a quality player but i don't want someone to come in who could stop Theo getting in the team. This is a key season for Theo and i feel that even if Theo is playing really well then Arteta's refined quality could still keep him off the teamsheet.

Of course it is always good to have supreme quality all over the pitch, i am no suggesting that it is not but i just fear that if Theo does not get his chance this year then his Arsenal career could take a direction for the worst.

I think Arteta leaving could be a disaster for Everton.

A the moment ther is a good balance in the team, and a key player like him leaving could take that away.

I hope he'll consider he will have a hard time competing for a spot in arsenal when rosicky, fabregas and walcott return form injury.

Funny really!.......a few weeks/months back, people on here were saying he (Arteta) couldn't even take a corner, his free kicks were poor and he had lost his fight!

More than a few would have taken £12million for him then!

A year left on his contract and Moyes could have been tempted, at this moment in time, no way will he sell Arteta!

no chance unless Arteta begs to leave, in which case make it more like £18m and they may have a deal. £10-12m is a joke, he's our best player and one of the best in the league when used correctly imo.

I think we would miss him if he left but I wouldn't say that he was our best player and he is too inconsistant to be considered to be one of the best players in the league. His stock has raised in all of our opinions after stringing together a few brilliant performances, but persepective needs to be gained.

Still, I would not want to see him go. He has been poor for awhile but has obviously relished the new role given too him. On top of that we can't afford to lose him in this window as we couldn't replace him, especially with the joke of prices paid in January.

Without pissing on anyones chips, we are a selling club and Spuddy is a commodity. I have seen £12m as a starting point and to be honest we cant refuse that kind of money. I dont like it any more than the rest of you, but this is a simple fact of life in football today. sell and move on.

ATB

Mac

Without pissing on anyones chips, we are a selling club and Spuddy is a commodity. I have seen £12m as a starting point and to be honest we cant refuse that kind of money. I dont like it any more than the rest of you, but this is a simple fact of life in football today. sell and move on.

Thanks Mac....my chips taste f'king dreadful now :angry: .

(Thinks....chips/Spuddy...Spuddy/chips....there's a joke in there somewhere :P )

Take your point but £12m is just nowhere near reasonable the way fees are gong to be....as from about ten minutes time.

£20m I'd give it some thought, any less is derisory.

After thinking about it, the only way I'd sell is if I knew Moutinho or Veloso was coming in.

If Arteta didn't request a transfer over the summer, I don't think he will now. I don't think you could find a handful of fans at Goodison who dislike Arteta. I also think he likes the Everton way.

Pip or Hibbert on the other hand... :D

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger:

"Although we are not close to signing anyone at the moment, if we do buy I think what we need is maybe someone with a bit of experience. I need a creative midfielder and eventually another midfielder, because we are short.

"We already have many young players so, if we buy, it will be somebody who is ready to play straight away. A loan deal could also be a possibility.

"What we might need is someone who can create a little spark."

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger:

if we do buy I think what we need is maybe someone with a bit of experience. I need a creative midfielder and eventually another midfielder, because we are short.

"What we might need is someone who can create a little spark."

maybe its Neville that is off to there then :rolleyes:

Edited by Blue4Ever

Guest efctaxi

Might get a little ' messi ' when the guys read this thread lol :lol:

Just watched DM on Sky sports and he states that NOBODY will be getting sold , as there is NOBODY that he wants to sell .

He again underlined that we won't be buying anyone either , and that a striker will be a loan deal only .

I wonder if that would stay the same if City 'did' come in with a silly offer for one of our players :huh: