IGNORED

Lescott

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Joleon's in talks with Villa because his contract talks at Everton are on hold (Vital Aston Villa LINK has it on good authority).

But as he signed a new one running to 2012 last year the big question would have to be, "What contract talks?"

I see no reason for him to go there. They wouldn't pay him much more than we do, and they're no better than us. He'd be swapping to a club that is pretty much exactly the same as us and IMO Joleon would only leave us for a better club, a club challenging higher in the league. That isn't Villa.

^^^ Gerrard wasnt a everton fan, He was made to wear the everton top.

I loved this comment on that website that said JLO for JO:

"

You certainly have got the Everton puppets worried with this article, well done.

Lescott is to good for average Everton, no big buys coming in, no ambition despite the fact they are regular 5th and 6th. Pathetic old school football club that has failed.

Lescott needs a home like City where he can continue to prosper.

Straight swap, Lescott for Jo, nice one gov, nice one.

"

BELLEND!

Guest efctaxi

He hasn't been at his best this year anyway , so if he wants out , I'm still willing to let him leave as long as the price is right .

That almost sounded like I have a say in the matter :lol:

He hasn't been at his best this year anyway , so if he wants out , I'm still willing to let him leave as long as the price is right .

That almost sounded like I have a say in the matter :lol:

This is better I can get back to disagreeing with you!

Yes he had a dodgy start to the season, much like the team as a whole, but I think he has been superb since October.

If we sold him we would have no cover for CB and I dont think Jags is going to be ready until at least November so we would have to find 2 centre halves so I really cant see the point

Guest efctaxi
This is better I can get back to disagreeing with you!

Yes he had a dodgy start to the season, much like the team as a whole, but I think he has been superb since October.

If we sold him we would have no cover for CB and I dont think Jags is going to be ready until at least November so we would have to find 2 centre halves so I really cant see the point

Nope :D

On numerous occasions throughout this year , I feel he has been below what we've come to expect .

Do I want him to stay ? Yes I do .

Do I think if an offer came in for him that was too good to turn down that we should sell ? Yes I do .

There is a lot of hype regarding Lescott at present , which is probably responsible for my reasoning .

Subconsciously , I probably feel if everyone thinks he is a world beater , and numerous teams want him , then I expect him to play like a world beater . ( probably unfair on my part ) .

Then I hear speculation about huge sums of money , and think , well , perhaps we could pull a fast one here and turn a huge profit on an overrated player . ( Again , probably unfair ) .

As for replacements , the world is a big place .

I can't be the only Evertonian considering these points , surely :)

Arteta isnt goin anywhere coz of his knee and as for Lescott id be really shocked if he went to Villa as their fans fcukin hate him! Ive never heard anyone get so much abuse! Oh and City are around 2/3 years away from being a top team imo so no need to go there yet!

On numerous occasions throughout this year , I feel he has been below what we've come to expect .

Do I think if an offer came in for him that was too good to turn down that we should sell ? Yes I do .

There is a lot of hype regarding Lescott at present , which is probably responsible for my reasoning .

Subconsciously , I probably feel if everyone thinks he is a world beater , and numerous teams want him , then I expect him to play like a world beater . ( probably unfair on my part ) .

Then I hear speculation about huge sums of money , and think , well , perhaps we could pull a fast one here and turn a huge profit on an overrated player . ( Again , probably unfair ) .

Completly agree Tax!

By definition if an offer came in that was too good to refuse then Everton would accept it. But what price are we talking about?

Even if City came in with a £15M bid it wouldnt be enough. We would have to find 2 centre backs and a left back plus 3 sets of wages to replace him then we could blow the change on improving the squad!

Its just not a viable option IMO

I see no reason for him to go there. They wouldn't pay him much more than we do, and they're no better than us. He'd be swapping to a club that is pretty much exactly the same as us and IMO Joleon would only leave us for a better club, a club challenging higher in the league. That isn't Villa.

The only reason that he would go to Aston Villa is because he supports them. He seems happy enough at Everton but that could sway things for him, they have done well this season and he may want to be part of their next big team (and they have Europa) I think that he might actually go this time, not Manchester City, Aston Villa.

Wayne Rooney, Stephen Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, etc... are boyhood blues, doesn't count for much these days!

Steven ;)

The only reason that he would go to Aston Villa is because he supports them. He seems happy enough at Everton but that could sway things for him, they have done well this season and he may want to be part of their next big team (and they have Europa) I think that he might actually go this time, not Manchester City, Aston Villa.

Steven ;)

I could be wrong, but i think the villa fans we're taunting lescott when we played against them.

So i don't think he'll go to them. but as i said, i could be wrong.

Guest efctaxi
If you've got the computer skills to do that you could have at least sorted his clingon head out!

Not guilty I'm afraid :lol:

Here ya go .

Joleon_Lescott_Pics_Getty_790556062.jpg

Guest efctaxi
How come the sponsor has changed in the boob picture?

I needed a pair of boobs , and that was the only pair I could find at short notice lmao :D

I thought the 321.com was the new sponsor , but might have gotten it wrong .

I'm not a bloomin' professional you know :upsidedown:

Edited by efctaxi

Guest efctaxi

I don't see in Lescott what I see in the other players at Everton . I think he will definitely be sold Jim .

Just how much and who to is the question .

I don't see in Lescott what I see in the other players at Everton . I think he will definitely be sold Jim .

Just how much and who to is the question .

lol I just dont see why you cant see in Lescott what you see in other Everton players!

You seem hell bent on getting rid of Lescott so who do you suggest we should replace him with? Bearing in mind Lescott also provides cover for left back dont forget you will probably have to sign another left back as well