IGNORED

Lescott

Daily Mirror reporting that O'Neill wants him for £10mil. Allegedly, he was a Villa fan as a kid, but I don't think ten mill for one of the best defenders in the country is going prize him away from Goodison.

Link

10m i seen that too. davey would not let him go for 15m i dont think. i know he was a villa fan as a kid but i dont think lescott will want to leave everton it like a family.

with the end of the season coming up now, I think we're gonna hear a lot of rumours about clubs interested in our players and us interested in in such and such player. I've got a feeling that we will end up selling a player or two in the window, I just hope it's not one of our top players, and if it is, it's for a HUGE fee and we can in turn got two or three players in for the price of that one.

with the end of the season coming up now, I think we're gonna hear a lot of rumours about clubs interested in our players and us interested in in such and such player. I've got a feeling that we will end up selling a player or two in the window, I just hope it's not one of our top players, and if it is, it's for a HUGE fee and we can in turn got two or three players in for the price of that one.

That's exactly what we must do if we sell, Lescott, in the England squad, start talking at no less than say £20 mil, if they want him let them pay, for £10 mil they must be including two of their own overrated players as well

That's exactly what we must do if we sell, Lescott, in the England squad, start talking at no less than say £20 mil, if they want him let them pay, for £10 mil they must be including two of their own overrated players as well

Young and Gabby lol then i think we should consider maybe....

FansFC.com

Everton Football Club will resist the temptation to cash in on Mikel Arteta this summer.

According to reports earlier this week, Manchester City are willing to splash out a massive £25million to take the Spanish midfielder from Goodison Park.

The former Real Sociedad and Rangers man has proven himself as one of the best players in his position in the Premier League since his arrival in England.

For this reason David Moyes is hugely reluctant to accept whatever City may be prepared to pay for Arteta, and he will tell his board exactly this when the transfer window reopens.

Guest efctaxi
FansFC.com

Everton Football Club will resist the temptation to cash in on Mikel Arteta this summer.

According to reports earlier this week, Manchester City are willing to splash out a massive £25million to take the Spanish midfielder from Goodison Park.

The former Real Sociedad and Rangers man has proven himself as one of the best players in his position in the Premier League since his arrival in England.

For this reason David Moyes is hugely reluctant to accept whatever City may be prepared to pay for Arteta, and he will tell his board exactly this when the transfer window reopens.

Even Moyes will have to consider a £25 mill offer .

He's a good player , but he isn't in the same league as the best midfielders in the prem , or indeed Europe . £25 mill is very good money for him .

I just think it would cost at least £20M to replace him and then you dont know if the new player will fit in as well as Arteta does so for a £5M profit its just not worth it

Well said mate, we shouldnt even be thinking about this, I would rather have mikel for the start of next season than 25 million, no doubt about it. We could probably go out and buy moutinho then but id rather have Mikel, he is the heart of our team and when he's on top of his game he's up there with the best midfielders in the league, I know bitter liverpool fans and even they admit Arteta would be a good signing for them, he's miles better than Barry and I dont think Barry would even join us so that tells you something, Whats the point? we would never get a player better who is willing to join us to play in the uefa cup and we probably wouldn't even get the lot to spend knowing Everton, so lets make the most of him whilst he wants to be here.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Well said mate, we shouldnt even be thinking about this, I would rather have mikel for the start of next season than 25 million, no doubt about it. We could probably go out and buy moutinho then but id rather have Mikel, he is the heart of our team and when he's on top of his game he's up there with the best midfielders in the league, I know bitter liverpool fans and even they admit Arteta would be a good signing for them, he's miles better than Barry and I dont think Barry would even join us so that tells you something, Whats the point? we would never get a player better who is willing to join us to play in the uefa cup and we probably wouldn't even get the lot to spend knowing Everton, so lets make the most of him whilst he wants to be here.

Well said man.

Guest efctaxi

I'm not sure Arteta 'is' the heart of the team , but merely a big piece .

People only remember the good moments , and easily forget the lesser displays . He's a great dead ball man , and a very useful midfielder , but nowhere near as good as we tend to make him out as being .

If we can keep him and still spend , then all well and good , but I'd rather lose Arteta for big bucks , than one of our defenders at the moment .

£25 mill is a great way to go shopping , and we could possibly get 6 players who are slightly less in the spotlight , and next years superstars and still have a little change , with good scouting .

We're doing quite well without him at the moment , or has noone noticed ?

Guest efctaxi
^^^^^ 6 Players?????????

what planet do you live on....

Obviously not the same one as you . The one I live on tends to consider equations :)

Jags cost us 4 mill .

Pienaar cost us 2.5 mill

Arteta cost us 2 mill etc etc

Seeing a pattern here yet ?

Edited by efctaxi

Obviously not the same one as you . The one I live on tends to consider equations :)

Jags cost us 4 mill .

Pienaar cost us 2.5 mill

Arteta cost us 2 mill etc etc

Seeing a pattern here yet ?

You've got a point there, but to find 6 of those bargains in one summer is impossible.

2 or 3 players like that and I'm happy:)

edit: I forgot for a moment we will need to sell arteta to get money.

Don't really know what to think now, Except that it sucks.

Edited by Churinga

So lets sell an experienced first team player to "gamble" on a few championship players.... hmmmmm

fill a team with championshiop players you become a championship team.....

Moyes carnt get it right all the time... these players need time to settle and they may end up being shit anyway.

You dont improve your first team by selling possibly your best player to buy five or six squad players....

Anyway i think kyour 5 or 6 is being far to optomistic... a good player in the championship now would cost you 7-8 million

Ill wait for your moaning in the summer when we dont buy a superstar and wind up with five or six championship buys...

So lets sell an experienced first team player to "gamble" on a few championship players.... hmmmmm

Moyes carnt get it right all the time... these players need time to settle and they may end up being shit anyway.

You dont improve your first team by selling possibly your best player to buy five or six squad players....

Anyway i think kyour 5 or 6 is being far to optomistic... a good player in the championship now would cost you 7-8 million

Ill wait for your moaning in the summer when we dont buy a superstar and wind up with five or six championship buys...

well said

Problem is if we are skint and if people offer silly money can we really justify turning it down? don't get me wrong love Arteta and don't want Everton to get a reputation as a selling club. BUT 25mil we could buy three quality players for that money and probably three players who have been proven in the premiership. Wish we had cash but incase anyone else didn't notice we effectively spent nothing on transfers last year, other than money that came in from selling players. If you can turn £2.5 mil into £25mil and have him play for several years in the process can't be bad buisness.

I believe we also have to try and constantly sell players at the right age, when there still worth money and reinvest in young players [not saying Arteta is an old man but heading towards 30]. Its painful to have to let players who have been great servants to the club go but better to replace them before they have no value left. For this reason i would be far more tempted if we got a big offer for Cahill this year [we also have a replacement in Fellaini]

Edited by gy-blues

Excellent post. I wouldn't sell Mikel for £25m even if we spent all of that money on replacements. He is, imo, one of the very best central midfielders in this country and can also do a job on the wing, his set-pieces are excellent (we have missed him since he has gone) and when he plays we are a totally different team. Since he moved into the CM position he has been a revelation, his commitments is also unquestionable. We have no one in our squad with anything like his quality and I agree, Barry is not in the same league.

The question about Lescott is a more difficult one. I think Lescott has been brilliant this season, after an incredibly shaky start he has grown and grown and for me, he still looks the classier player than Jags and I think he will end up an England regular. At the same time, we DO have cover in the fact that we have Yobo in the wings who also formed a formidable partnership with Jags last season and is a brilliant defender. If we had a big offer for Lescott (say in excess of £15m) then in our current financial position I think Moyes would have to consider it. I'm not saying I think he should go for it but he would have to consider it.

Guest efctaxi

What makes you think that they would be championship players , and besides , do you really think the Championship players are not quality ?

Take a look around the prem , and at a few backgrounds . It's full of ex championship players ( and lower ) .

You wanna know what is a tougher league than the prem ? Possibly the Championship for varying reasons , so players are ' very ' ready for the step up compared to our European cousins . Only my opinon remember , and I have no problem with you disagreeing at all . :)

Don't get me wrong , as I understand and indeed sympathise with your concerns , and I too would like to keep Arteta , but I'm simply saying that £25 mill can buy a lot of players .

What makes you think that they would be championship players , and besides , do you really think the Championship players are not quality ?

Take a look around the prem , and at a few backgrounds . It's full of ex championship players ( and lower ) .

You wanna know what is a tougher league than the prem ? Possibly the Championship for varying reasons , so players are ' very ' ready for the step up compared to our European cousins . Only my opinon remember , and I have no problem with you disagreeing at all . :)

Don't get me wrong , as I understand and indeed sympathise with your concerns , and I too would like to keep Arteta , but I'm simply saying that £25 mill can buy a lot of players .

It would buy 1 2/3 Fellini's...... not exactly "a lot of players"

Edited by DangerMouse