IGNORED

Gerrard, (Not Guilty).

There, I always wanted to be a headline writer :rolleyes:

So under oath captain fantastic denies losing control on the night he alledgedly assulted a businessman in a bar!

Therefore........." it's of mighty comfort to know that this public icon was IN TOTAL CONTROL.....as he smashed the poor blokes tooth out whilst raining blows into his face"!

I wonder if he'd have been as brave without his gang of mates behind him and ready to stick the boot in?

If it had been Everton captain Phil Neville in the dock, and he was found guilty, I would expect even want Everton to give him a lengthy ban.Duncan Ferguson got what he deserved.......will gerrard?

There, I always wanted to be a headline writer :rolleyes:

So under oath captain fantastic denies losing control on the night he alledgedly assulted a businessman in a bar!

Therefore........." it's of mighty comfort to know that this public icon was IN TOTAL CONTROL.....as he smashed the poor blokes tooth out whilst raining blows into his face"!

I wonder if he'd have been as brave without his gang of mates behind him and ready to stick the boot in?

If it had been Everton captain Phil Neville in the dock, and he was found guilty, I would expect even want Everton to give him a lengthy ban.Duncan Ferguson got what he deserved.......will gerrard?

From evidence of the CCTV, i think for Gerrard to claim "actions in self defence" is ludicrous. Its obviously clear a friend of Gerrards, antagonises the situation with an elbow, only for Gerrard to grab his top over his head and lay 3 upper-cuts into him. It can't be self defence unless the other guy acted first, which by accounts of the CCTV doesnt look like the case. Verbal abuse should not be followed by "acting in selfdefence" with your fists. If the guy in question had swung for any party member, then self defence can be claimed. For me Gerrard doesnt have a leg to stand on, but with a kopite Crown Judge, i think he will get a ban (from the lounge) and fined affray damages. Wank really, if i had done it it would have been 2 years, do 18 months.

Edited by tenaciousj

Thing is he is getting done for afray, not assult. I wouldnt go to jail for afray nevermind Jizzard. Assult chargers were dropped. But I can 100% say if it was an everton player in the same situation I would like to see the book thrown at them as I feel footballers get off with far too much.

I think this whole thing is absurd and stinks off Gerrard thinking hes Mr Big....... FFS this all started because The poor guy wouldnt let Gerrard take over his "CD player"

On the CCTV why was he even behind the bar / dj position .....

On the news this morning Gerrard is now claiming that although him & his mates struck first.... It "looked like" he was going to hit them...... I guess thats a stone wall self defence argument for a footballer these days.......

Thing is he is getting done for afray, not assult. I wouldnt go to jail for afray nevermind Jizzard. Assult chargers were dropped. But I can 100% say if it was an everton player in the same situation I would like to see the book thrown at them as I feel footballers get off with far too much.

I agree with this.

I think this whole thing is absurd and stinks off Gerrard thinking hes Mr Big....... FFS this all started because The poor guy wouldnt let Gerrard take over his "CD player"

On the CCTV why was he even behind the bar / dj position .....

On the news this morning Gerrard is now claiming that although him & his mates struck first.... It "looked like" he was going to hit them...... I guess thats a stone wall self defence argument for a footballer these days.......

In that case it's a bit like the penalty liverpool got against Sheffield Untd the other season, where Gerrard went down but no-one touched him, but they got the penalty for intent. It "looked like" he was going to foul him in the box, so i awarded the penalty.

Did anyone really doubt that he would be found not guilty. A total waste of tax payers money. The other six pleaded guilty to help him out, how can you have six people pleading guilty to something when the one person found not guilty is evidenced, by ccctv, as having the most active part. Does this verdict mean I can stand next to a guy in the pub tonight and smack him and plead that I though he was going to attack me first and our justice system is supposed to be the best in the world............ my arse.

"Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has been cleared of affray after punching a man in a Merseyside bar."

Anyone else not suprised by this turn of events, honestly if I had of been in court with the vidoe evidence stacked up against me I would have expected to be found guilty.... self defence my arse

The 29-year-old footballer, of Formby, Merseyside, denied the charge. Five others admitted affray.

Although i'm not suprised after his tearful outburst yesterday......

Anyway i'm off out with 5 of my mates for a few bevies ...................................

OK, ok!......So justice has been done.Gerrard has done the decent thing and dropped assult charges against the dj.Whilst he (Gerrard) admits that he was shocked that the dj would even try to bite his fist......(3 times)...and in the process losing a tooth, he understands that he has to just hope the assailant has learnt his lesson!Which is don't fuck with a luckypool player :angry:

On a more serious note!.......sure gerrard walks away a free man! BUT we all know he did assult the man (with his mates).......AND so does his CLUB AND FANS! so now the shit will really hit the fan and gerrard will be suspended by liverpool fc, who will want to show the world that they do not accept this type of behaviour and to once and for all prove they are not a one man team.....as their pre-season trip without him is proving.

I beleive him. He didnt see his mate elbow the fella in the face despite the fact he was looking straight at it from a bout 1 foot away because he was wearing Arsene Wengers contact lenses at the time

Then the way that bloke pulled his own jumper over his head then proceeded to repeatedly but Gerrards fist was terrible, poor Stevie could have hurt his knuckles

It comes to something when you cant go out with 6 of your mates without a DJ attacking you

Ok captain fantastic has convinced a jury that HE was wronged, he should never have even been accused.......what chance then one man in black, when stevie dives in the penalty area(Penalty)....when he jumps two footed into the groin of an opponent {(Naysmith)..the opponent is obviously to blame}....when he says to the ref, put away that yellow card and get out your red (He must be right)....after all he is Steven Gerrard :gay:

As Big Sam would say..."keep an eye on him ref".......thing is sam, your wasting your Fuc%ing breath mate :(

As soon as this thing went to 'trial' at Liverpool Crown Court it was only going to go one way.

To say I am disgusted is an understatement. A young lad I taught down here has just been given 12 months for affray, and his 'trial' was over in a few hours.

Gerrard must have had OJ Simpsons legal team backing him up. :D

The whole thing is a bit of a joke, but what sentances di the 5 guilty people get??? I'm sure it would have been something trivial anyway.

I think they get sentenced next week, but I suspect they won't be massive sentences. Otherwise they would've probably tried their luck with a not guilty plea. Still not too sure why they didn't to be honest

I think they get sentenced next week, but I suspect they won't be massive sentences. Otherwise they would've probably tried their luck with a not guilty plea. Still not too sure why they didn't to be honest

I reckon a deal was struck between Gerrard, the CPS and those who pleaded guilty. The CPS gets 5 out of 6 convictions without the time and expense incurred putting cases together. Those who admitted guilt get a pay off from their mate to take the flack, and the CPS put together a half arsed case against Gerrard which was only ever going to have one result.