IGNORED

Piotr Trochowski

Piotr Trochowski has emerged as a shock target for Everton, according to reports from Germany this morning. The German international midfielder is regarded as one of Hamburg's best players, but could be allowed to leave as part of an £8.5 million deal.

Piotr Trochowski has already picked up 22 caps for his national team, Germany. The attacking midfielder was born in Poland, but decided to represent the German national team.

Trochowski started his career at Bayern Munich before making the move to Hamburg where he has slotted his way into the first team squad.

Piotr Trochowski has emerged as a shock target for Everton, according to reports from Germany this morning. The German international midfielder is regarded as one of Hamburg's best players, but could be allowed to leave as part of an £8.5 million deal.

Piotr Trochowski has already picked up 22 caps for his national team, Germany. The attacking midfielder was born in Poland, but decided to represent the German national team.

Trochowski started his career at Bayern Munich before making the move to Hamburg where he has slotted his way into the first team squad.

where has this news came from?

Really good player but I dont believe this story one little bit, a lot more teams than the ones mentioned would be interested in him and he is worth a hell of a lot more then £8.5mill.

Also says he is a replacement for pienaar who is set to leave us this summer????

Unfortunately I think its a rubbish article :(

well i dont think anyone who is mentioned in the press will be anyone we actually sign..moyes keeps his cards close to his chest he knows who he wants(i think)...hes tending to start leaving these transferes more later than sooner even though he said he wants them done quicker..

with naughton i think he thought he had him and was out of his hands when the droopy eyed ugly f***er stole him from us/but hey thats football..id hope to expect mabey 1 or 2 quality signings but thats it imo...lets hope its done quite soon so they can get training soon for start of the season..

well i dont think anyone who is mentioned in the press will be anyone we actually sign..moyes keeps his cards close to his chest he knows who he wants(i think)...hes tending to start leaving these transferes more later than sooner even though he said he wants them done quicker..

with naughton i think he thought he had him and was out of his hands when the droopy eyed ugly f***er stole him from us/but hey thats football..id hope to expect mabey 1 or 2 quality signings but thats it imo...lets hope its done quite soon so they can get training soon for start of the season..

Maybe I'm being pesimistic, but I cant see us making any 1st team signings. Moyes admitted that it was too late last season, and that he wouldnt do it again, but guess what... it looks like he's doing it again!

I am expecting a couple of loan signings, probably Man Utd players that Fergie doesnt want any more, like maybe Scholes/Nani. I love this rumour though, hes a quality player but i just really cant see it.

Maybe I'm being pesimistic, but I cant see us making any 1st team signings. Moyes admitted that it was too late last season, and that he wouldnt do it again, but guess what... it looks like he's doing it again!

I am expecting a couple of loan signings, probably Man Utd players that Fergie doesnt want any more, like maybe Scholes/Nani. I love this rumour though, hes a quality player but i just really cant see it.

mabey loan signing but should think he would buy at least 1 1st team player weather it would be right back or midfield..

he has got some cash coz he bid on naughton.time will see..hope so

Nani would be a quality signing and fit right in. Not going to happen with Man Utd's lack of signings.

Nani would be a quality signing and fit right in. Not going to happen with Man Utd's lack of signings.

No chance as you say of getting Nani i dont think Fergie would let him go even if they did bring in more players i think we will see him star for United this season and show why he was bought to replecate Ronaldo.

i dont think moyes actually said he wont sign any top players for 1st team he did say he would boost the squad...i think its time for baxter to step up its games he needs now in the 1st team to gain experience..gosling also...i dont want anymore castillos/vandermyders lets blood some youngsters

Thats EXACTLY what he did say, that we didnt have the finances to make any big signings so he was going to concentrate on youngsters and squad players that could step in and give the regular players a rest when neeeded

He didn't say that EXACTLY. At one point he said he doubted we would break the transfer record again, and he also siad he would be looking at the loan and bosman market. At no point has he specifically stated that we wont make any big signings. Just we wont spend over £15m on one player, no shock, and that we will be looking at some loans, no shock. He's never siad there will be no big signings.

He didn't say that EXACTLY. At one point he said he doubted we would break the transfer record again, and he also siad he would be looking at the loan and bosman market. At no point has he specifically stated that we wont make any big signings. Just we wont spend over £15m on one player, no shock, and that we will be looking at some loans, no shock. He's never siad there will be no big signings.

Why would I lie about it?

He said that "we would not be making any big signings and that he would instead be looking at squad players that could come in and give the starting XI a rest when needed"

Those were HIS EXACT WORDS

I do remember the interview and moyes did say his focus was going to be on youth and squad players as he is happy with the quality in the first team. Personally I think a lot of this would be down to the budget he has to play with ( or lack of) as i think we all know the first team needs improving in certain area's.

One thing is for sure we will not get this lad as he is very highly rated in germany and is one of their hottest prospects, he would command a massive fee.

TBH im not to down heartened so far with our lack of transfer activity but the only one i am gutted about losing out on is Lorik Cana as i feel for £6mill and 35k wages he would have fitted into our structure great and is also that top quality Defensive Midfielder we have been crying out for since Carsley left. ( Surely we are more attractive as a club than sunderland????) so can only think moyes didnt make the move.

Moyes and Kenwright have done great so far so lets just trust in them a little more and see what the rest of the transfer window brings :)

DM's most recent comments (24th)...

“We have got a decent team but we have a concern as we’ve only got two centre-backs at the club just now,”

“That means I am going to have to add a central defender. It’s a priority – we don’t have cover at left-back either."

“Joleon could cover for Leighton Baines but we just don’t have the options to do that at the minute. There is a shortage there as well."

“We don’t have Mikel Arteta fit, nor do we have Yak, Jags or Victor Anichebe and our numbers are dramatically down, so it’s something we need to address.”

“I’m pretty sure that players will be keen to come here, I’m sure they will see a football club that has improved and will go on improving."

“You only have to look at the squad we have got to see that the players have made progress, they are a hard working group and hugely determined."

“The market is quiet at the minute and only Manchester City seem to be buying big but I think that others will start buying before too long."

“We know that we have got to add players. Yes, I would have liked them in before now – but I will definitely be adding to the squad as soon as the right one becomes available.”

At the shareholders forum on the 15th he did say...

“We will be bringing in people and maybe not people who I would think are first team players; maybe squad players, Bosmans to build up the squad to cope with things like that (Europe)..."

"Maybe" is possibly the word you missed dunc? Unless there was another interview I've not seen.