IGNORED

Rugby

Romey 1878

Played a quantity of league as a youth, but dont really follow anyone. Widnes would be it I suppose.

Been Dragged to a few Brisbane Broncos games here Down under, & had enjoyable evenings ( for Obvious reasons they play many games @ night here).

Though to be fair I have been as much impressed by their facilities.

Fantastic modern 60,000 seater, right over the action with superb support facilities & transport to & from.

Dont liek Union, to stop n start personally.

Still trying to work out this Aussie Rules buzo....I thinks I have the genreal jist..but still I dunno.

To me it still looks like 38 Confused men running around in circles Smashing each other in Ski jumpers. Think a ball may even be involved somehwhere along the line.

GIVE ME FOOTY>>!!!

Yeah but that was because they changed the rules (again), they used to put it in central and push and shove to gain control, but now they just put it into their own side. Just a way of giving whoever was attacking, the chance to keep the ball.

Just a way of giving whoever was attacking,  the chance to keep the ball.

Exactly...why go through the charade when everyone knows who's going to get the ball anyway? Just give it to them. I also disagree that union is more stop and start. In league they stop and re-start every time someone is tackled..how can you get more stop and start than that?

Rl halves deffo feed the scrum striaght in to their own second row these days.

My belief is they persist with Scrums in Rl simply to have a 7 on 7 situation, whilst the forwards are breaaking from the said scrum.

Most deffo more art in the Union scrum...However same could be said regarding the rules & interpretations of the union scrum.

Very, very greay & open to indiv interpretation.

I watched a game on tele here other week super 14 0r whatever it is...Has county, state sides form OZ, NZ & S/Africa.

TWas a big game finals hinging on etc & the better side that lost, got done by a scrum penalty that no one could fathom, no one new how & why?

Then on a refresh they announced the referee was infact correct as far as the letter of the law. ( a law universally no longer enforced) The fact no one on the pitch had been born when one of these penalities was last blown left a real sour taste for all involved.

Have seen some hum dinger ties in my time, though still am not it's biggest fan.

And as most Leauies would attest ill stick to my insular views, that they cant tackle, cant pass & paint is sometimes better to watch dry.

Just an honest & humble opinion of which everyone is entitled to have their own.

Any hows these are Minor Sports..."BRING ON THE ASHES"

but I would rather watch dogs f*cking

What breed Mac? Do you like the repessed aggression of the German Shepherd, or possibly the subtler courtship of the Labrador? Even perchance the slightly comical coupling of Daschund and Doberman? Just curious..it's an unusual hobby but who am I to judge...how does Tara feel about it?

Mike, you know T encourages me in all endevours undertaken, and in answer to the question I would like to see the coupling of a Great Dane and a Chuahah (don't know how to spell it :unsure: )

Mark, I have my hobbies and she has hers, never the twain shall meet. ;)

ATB

Mac

Guest Reg Reagan

use to play a lot of RL back in Sydney when i was around 7-12 years old until my move to st helens couldnt find a single juior rl club around merseyside

rugby yawmnion as i like to call it is as boring as bat shit

rugby yawmnion as i like to call it is as boring as bat shit

...bloody hell Reg try saying that ten times fast...yawmnion, yawmnion, yawmnion, yawmnion...rolls off the tongue :lol: .

Each to there own...but why do they wear such ridiculous tiny shorts like footie seventies style??

Oh..and thanks for the offer, but I don't think I know you well enough :unsure:

Edited by mikeo