IGNORED

Wigan (Home)

Bill

There was a lot of improvement to be seen there yesterday. Whether that's more to do with Wigan being wank remains to be seen in the next few weeks. Some of our football was as dire as it's been this season but so much of it was lovely to watch - one touch, quick football. We looked a lot more like the side of last season and that pleased me no end. We're still backing off the opposition and giving them too much space and that pisses me off more than anything tbh. Fingers crossed we keep improving because there's still work to do.

I have to say I was absolutely terrified when they broke on us at 1-1. They were running right towards where I was sitting and it was like a herd of gazelles bearing down on Pip and Hibbert. I could barely breathe.

Howard - World class save to keep us in it when they broke on us, everything else he did in the game pales into insignificance.

Hibbert - Poor defensively but going forward I thought he was very good and put in some outstanding crosses,

Yobo - He's full of stupid mistakes and I hope there's no place for him in our side once Jags is back, he doesn't deserve his spot IMO.

Distin - Brilliant debut for Distin, I thought he was really composed and slotted in with no bother.

Baines - Another weak defensive performance but at least his attacking play was somewhat improved. He had some balls stepping up for that penalty as well, fair play.

Osman - I've lost patience with him, he needs to sit on the bench to maybe give him a kick up the arse because he's completely off the pace.

Neville - I thought he was really good for us. While a lot of our players were backing off and standing around when Wigan pressurised us he was one of a few who were closing them down and harrying them. He must have been knackered after that match with the amount of running around he did.

Rodwell - Excellent, excellent, excellent. He broke up play well, was always available for the ball and always looking to move the ball forward. He was so calm when he had the ball and was put under pressure too - one turn in particular was sublime. He's probably out only player who was willing to have a crack from outside the box as well - left foot, right foot, it doesn't matter with him. He oozed quality and he was my MOTM.

Pienaar - Brilliant in the first half but I barely noticed him in the second half.

Cahill - That's Cahill's first good game for us and it's no coincidence that it comes when he's moved back into his favoured position. He worked tirelessly for us and put himself about, and even got into a few positions to try and set up goals.

Saha - A really good performance from Saha and fully deserved his goal.

Fellaini - I don't normally comment on any of the subs but Felli deserves a mention after the stick I've given him. He was fucking brilliant when he came on and added so much to our game. He looked a lot fitter and hungry to show what he can do. Well done.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pienaar at fault for the goal not osman or hibbert. watch it again pienaar didnt pick up scharner hibbert was inside marking someone else pienaar knows it is hes fault you can tell by his reaction! i think people are too quick to blame osman around here hes been great for us and is not a winger but has played there for a while out of position and not complained once about it

There was a lot of improvement to be seen there yesterday. Whether that's more to do with Wigan being wank remains to be seen in the next few weeks. Some of our football was as dire as it's been this season but so much of it was lovely to watch - one touch, quick football. We looked a lot more like the side of last season and that pleased me no end. We're still backing off the opposition and giving them too much space and that pisses me off more than anything tbh. Fingers crossed we keep improving because there's still work to do.

I have to say I was absolutely terrified when they broke on us at 1-1. They were running right towards where I was sitting and it was like a herd of gazelles bearing down on Pip and Hibbert. I could barely breathe.

Howard - World class save to keep us in it when they broke on us, everything else he did in the game pales into insignificance.

Hibbert - Poor defensively but going forward I thought he was very good and put in some outstanding crosses,

Yobo - He's full of stupid mistakes and I hope there's no place for him in our side once Jags is back, he doesn't deserve his spot IMO.

Distin - Brilliant debut for Distin, I thought he was really composed and slotted in with no bother.

Baines - Another weak defensive performance but at least his attacking play was somewhat improved. He had some balls stepping up for that penalty as well, fair play.

Osman - I've lost patience with him, he needs to sit on the bench to maybe give him a kick up the arse because he's completely off the pace.

Neville - I thought he was really good for us. While a lot of our players were backing off and standing around when Wigan pressurised us he was one of a few who were closing them down and harrying them. He must have been knackered after that match with the amount of running around he did.

Rodwell - Excellent, excellent, excellent. He broke up play well, was always available for the ball and always looking to move the ball forward. He was so calm when he had the ball and was put under pressure too - one turn in particular was sublime. He's probably out only player who was willing to have a crack from outside the box as well - left foot, right foot, it doesn't matter with him. He oozed quality and he was my MOTM.

Pienaar - Brilliant in the first half but I barely noticed him in the second half.

Cahill - That's Cahill's first good game for us and it's no coincidence that it comes when he's moved back into his favoured position. He worked tirelessly for us and put himself about, and even got into a few positions to try and set up goals.

Saha - A really good performance from Saha and fully deserved his goal.

Fellaini - I don't normally comment on any of the subs but Felli deserves a mention after the stick I've given him. He was fucking brilliant when he came on and added so much to our game. He looked a lot fitter and hungry to show what he can do. Well done.

1 on 1? 5 on 2! :P

I love reading Marks summary of the games, after watching it on ETV i agree with all he said Rodders was my motm, and a honory mention for Fellaini, Distin, and Neville. :)

Quite right!....His summarys are usually prety acurate accounts.

When your pc has streams like a 65 year old man with an enlarged prostrate :thumbsdown_anim: and match of the day shows 10 mins at best....then the Stuart Hall of TT'S report is usually well worth a read.Moyes should print it off and pin it up in the changing room.

With the exception of Carsley.....he seems to able to see whats going on!