IGNORED

Wigan (Home)

Bill

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt impressed today to only just beat a team that lost 4 - 1 to blackpool

going forward we are bad, Rodwell should have scored, Jo should have scored wigan had to 3 chances and scored 1 we have loads of corners should have done something with more of them, loads of free kicks everyone hit wall or was too soft to do any damage, pollitt was bad today we should have took advantage of that.

that 5 on 2 attack proved that wigan are not good at going forward

2 - 1 is good for the way we played

distin was solid today

Got away with that one.

in the end we had the opportunities to win by 2 or more but most of the game we were very ordinary. Have to say that the subs probably changed the game.

Havent always been impressed with Fellaini but he impressed me today. Will be surprised if he doesnt start next match. Pity we didnt get to see much of Billy.

Only thing is who will Moyes take out of the team Rodders played well so he shouldn't take him out. I would say Pip should be benched and play felli with Rodders holding but we all know as club captain Neville will always start. Could drop Nev to RB and drop Hibbo though I can't see Moyes doing that either.

Only thing is who will Moyes take out of the team Rodders played well so he shouldn't take him out. I would say Pip should be benched and play felli with Rodders holding but we all know as club captain Neville will always start. Could drop Nev to RB and drop Hibbo though I can't see Moyes doing that either.

Nev to Right Back sounds fine to me.

Or he could drop Osman.

I thought we were excellent today and we really should have won by more.... However, being excellent against a team of Wigan's calibre is not good enough, we need to be playing excellent against the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. But we're off and running now so keep it going Blues, Distin was brilliant today, very commanding and very sure of what is going on around him. He'll be great for the kids. I also though Jo and Felli changed the game when they came on. I can't wait to see Billy get more time on the pitch, shame he didn't come on sooner.

Howard - 6. Made a good save, could do nothing for the goal.

Hibbert - 5. Was at fault for the goal clearly, but did do some good tackles and crosses also. But out of depth.

Distin - 6. Quiet but solid, great block near the end.

Yobo - 7. Good today, but still does silly mistakes.

Baines - 6. Fault he was poor by his standards, but good pen.

Osman - 0. Who? Was he playing?

Neville - 5. Also out of depth in midfield, poor touch and awareness, needs to be right back or bench.

Rodwell - 9. Outstanding, controlled the middle with drive and focus. Future captain.

Pienaar - 8. Another industrious performance, get a contract for him NOW!

Cahill - 6. Hustled but not really there today.

Saha - 7. A constant threat, hail King Louis!

Felliani - 6. Nice touches and inter play, but he seems so slow.

Jo - 5. I like him and he won the penalty, but the two missed chances is making it harder for me to back him. He needs a goal but hasn't time on his side.

Hibbert - 5. Was at fault for the goal clearly, but did do some good tackles and crosses also. But out of depth.

Neville - 5. Also out of depth in midfield, poor touch and awareness, needs to be right back or bench.

Rodwell - 9. Outstanding, controlled the middle with drive and focus. Future captain.

Jo - 5. I like him and he won the penalty, but the two missed chances is making it harder for me to back him. He needs a goal but hasn't time on his side.

Actually, the entire defence had to move across one man, Hibbert moved in to cover and Osman failed to move in quick enough.

Despite his arguable drop in effectiveness towards the end, Rodwell is just brilliant--better with each game. The move to start that first half run where Cahill passed it for Louis was magnificent. Aside from his actual play, I think he seems more confident, able to assert his will on the field. Hopefully, we can build on this and get the new players in. We would all love to see an away win at the Cottage. Who starts for that one?

What do you mean time isn't on Jo's side? It's 3 games into the season and we only have 2 fit strikers, he is going to get his chance. Also thought Distin was better than Yobo today as you said Yobo makes too many silly mistakes.

Edited by L_Blue

Jo makes great runs and once our midfield is back up to scratch he'll feed off Pienaar and Arteta all day. Fellaini looked really good coming on, but I have no idea what formation we were playing at that point. Goal was definitely Osman's fault. To claim otherwise displays a distinct lack of defensive understanding.

Rodwell really bossed the game though, not sure who will make way or if Moyes will just have to start rotating through the central players.

Was hoping to see more of Billy, but when his first involvement was to miss the header that led to Sinclair's break it looked like we was destined to be off to the worst of starts.

Decent result in the end, but we clearly need to work on set pieces. How many corners and free kicks did we have, 20?

Just watched the game on MOD2 and I cant beleive Martinez thinks they deserved to win and what was even more astonishing is he thought they were hard done by the referee.

I know you couldnt tell by what they showed on MOD2 but I thought they were lucky to finish the first half with 11 men I think the Ref let too many dodgy tackles from Wigan go before finally getting his cards out

Guest blueboy122

yes agree with above i thought feliani looked alot quicker when running with the ball today like where he ran 20 yards or so and put joe through.. great ball by the way. also when he came on i thought he changed the game i was impressed, nice few touches. what do you all think of that distin? i was made up with him today i thought he was class,a very very good defender. so far so good for slyvain. well done blues

well that was my understanding. I'm sure someone will correct me if thats complete nonsense :D

well he was bought as a DM but was moved into a more offensive role when it turned out he couldn't play DM for five seconds without picking up a yellow card because he can't tackle .. but I think he's through that adjustment period .. I'd like to see him move next to Rodwell in CM instead of Neville .

well he was bought as a DM but was moved into a more offensive role when it turned out he couldn't play DM for five seconds without picking up a yellow card because he can't tackle .. but I think he's through that adjustment period .. I'd like to see him move next to Rodwell in CM instead of Neville .

Have to agree with you, a midfield center of Arteta, Rodwell and Fellani would be very powerful. I know it means leaving Cahill and Pip out, I just feel that those 3 would be a better unit and with Pip and Cahill and Ossy on the bench give us some real depth in the middle.

agree, his definately getting less cards these days.

The last three posts all read well for me. Totally agree . . . well, except for the bit about him being bought as a DM which can't be verified unless there is an interview to be linked with or unless we have Moyes himself posting on this site giving out such information :P

i think everton played a great game up to the last 20 yards or so. No focus in the finishing. Saha was ok. Rodwell played a cracker of a game. Dystin looked stable. I thought Hib played good apart from the goal. Pienaar mom in my eyes.

Bily didnt touch the ball, but neither did osman and he was on a lot longer.

what was the tune of the song the wigan fans were singing all the time yesterday?... if you were in gwladys you prob couldnt hear them! i thought they were just annoying tbh

Lol I was in the Park End and I couldnt hear them I honestly didnt realise that they were singing and I looked over at both of them a couple of times!

Maybe they were singing in the game that Martinez was watching ! How can he say they deserved to win when they were blatantly time wasting at 1-1?

They had the upper hand for about 5 minutes either side of their goal but that wa about it and how he has got the nerve to criticise the ref after some of the challenges their players were putting in is beyond me

They really have got poor support, you wouldnt realise they were only a few minutes up the road

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic