IGNORED

Transfer Deadline Day Special

If Arteta comes back and hits the form he showed before his injury it'll be him IMO, and it'll be City who come in for him.

I think Arteta is going to take a long time to come back. He usually takes around 4 months or so to really get back to form. I dont think we'll see the best of him until January. Also I feel that City will now be going for bigger fish than Arteta in there team. If Arteta leaves it will be to go back to Spain. Thats just my guess though.

As for January, cant see us signing anyone, a loan at most. Moyes never seems to bother with the January window, cant blame him, prices are well to inflated.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Arteta is going to take a long time to come back. He usually takes around 4 months or so to really get back to form. I dont think we'll see the best of him until January. Also I feel that City will now be going for bigger fish than Arteta in there team. If Arteta leaves it will be to go back to Spain. Thats just my guess though.

As for January, cant see us signing anyone, a loan at most. Moyes never seems to bother with the January window, cant blame him, prices are well to inflated.

Winter market is only good to compensate injuries, and try to get some good talent that isn't getting play time, because otherwise, no club is gonna part with players that play regularly for pennies...

But anyways, does anyone know what Everton's transfer policy is? What is available each season, who handles the negotiations, stuff like that?

Because I don't see Kenwright doing crap!!

It looks to me that there's no clear policy until someone tells Moyes what players he's gonna be able to keep for the next season, and how much he can have for replacements, and then Moyes decides. This in itself seems to take half the transfer season, which is why there's only signings in the later stages.

Does anyone else think this is a lousy way to run a football club?

Winter market is only good to compensate injuries, and try to get some good talent that isn't getting play time, because otherwise, no club is gonna part with players that play regularly for pennies...

But anyways, does anyone know what Everton's transfer policy is? What is available each season, who handles the negotiations, stuff like that?

Because I don't see Kenwright doing crap!!

It looks to me that there's no clear policy until someone tells Moyes what players he's gonna be able to keep for the next season, and how much he can have for replacements, and then Moyes decides. This in itself seems to take half the transfer season, which is why there's only signings in the later stages.

Does anyone else think this is a lousy way to run a football club?

Absolutely yes. BK needs to tell DM how much he has right from the start. i dunno how that is so hard.